FLAC or 320 KBPS(MP3)-Online Store

Yet He has not responded so not sure about it... Don't know why he is not replying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saregama.com has just started selling WAV files. Right now, this is available only for individual songs, and not for full albums.
I saw your post, and decided to check it out.

It works. I can't tell you how overjoyed I am.

And I bought the three tracks which are probably my most prized album in my cassette collection. I know I'm going totally OT, but it's a big day for me, and your post made it possible, so I might as well...

I bought a cassette on an off-chance more than a decade back, called "Three Illustrious Brothers". It had three tracks, sung by the three brothers of whom Jasraj is the youngest and least talented. In fact, it is said that a lot of Jasraj's popularity came from him singing the beautiful compositions composed by his older brother Mani Ramji. (Jasraj was not even considered a classical vocalist at one point in time -- he used to play the tabla and accompany great vocalists, and was given second-class treatment because accompanists were treated that way in those days... till Ravi Shankar changed all that by his casting the spotlight on a certain Alla Rakha Khan.) Jasraj's older brothers have remained unknown to all but students of classical music. In this album, all three have sung all the tracks together, with different parts done by different members -- a 3-way jugalbandi of sorts.

That cassette became one of my absolute favourites. I had a Nak ZX-9. And the sound used to literally turn my soul upside down.

My Nak ZX-9 died, and no one I met who repaired Naks could repair it. The cassette was never released on CD (like a lot of the absolutely top quality classical albums from Saregama and others. Ditto, vinyl and CD -- anyone remember Vilayat's famous vinyl of Bhairavi, never released on CD?)

So, I begged a friend to digitise my cassette and give me WAV, which he did. His cassette deck was not a Nak, and he struggled to get it to work, but at least I got the music out.

Today, I discovered those tracks on Saregama, and for a princely sum of Rs.30 (Rs.10 per track), I am now downloading 174 + 140 + 61 MB of WAV files. I have those tracks again. If someone remixes and remasters these three songs from the original master tapes, I'll pay Rs.5,000 for a re-mastered HD album of this set.

Thank you. I don't have the words. :D

@tcpip : Glad that I could be of help. Enjoy the tracks. And now you have got me interested in them too, so I might end up buying them too :).

Now I'll spend my free time looking for old classic Manna Dey and Kishore Kumar bengali songs. :D Hemanta, next.

Saregama.com has just started selling WAV files. Right now, this is available only for individual songs, and not for full albums.
Thanks for sharing, just bought few old gems. Good thing is even mp3 are 320 kpbs and quality of these old songs are quite good.
5fe7a844fa11454e7732900e64040dbc.jpg

Sent from my Le X509 using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing, just bought few old gems. Good thing is even mp3 are 320 kpbs and quality of these old songs are quite good.
Yes, I downloaded a couple MP3 to check. They're CBR 320Kb/sec; that's about as conservative as you can get with lossy compression. It's unlikely that any audible difference will be heard between this and uncompressed data. I tried doing an A-to-B of the two using ODAC+O2+Etymotic ER4PT, and couldn't hear any difference.

I've never heard, nor seen anyone actually test and hear, any audible difference between WAV and "lame --preset extreme" MP3. With the "extreme" preset, LAME does CBR and optimises a whole lot of other parameters to make the compression artifacts inaudible. Compression ratio is usually about 6:1 -- a little over 100MB per typical CD. With CBR 320 kb/sec, things will be even more conservative.

Last edited:
I saw your post, and decided to check it out.

It works. I can't tell you how overjoyed I am.

And I bought the three tracks which are probably my most prized album in my cassette collection. I know I'm going totally OT, but it's a big day for me, and your post made it possible, so I might as well...

I bought a cassette on an off-chance more than a decade back, called "Three Illustrious Brothers". It had three tracks, sung by the three brothers of whom Jasraj is the youngest and least talented. In fact, it is said that a lot of Jasraj's popularity came from him singing the beautiful compositions composed by his older brother Mani Ramji. (Jasraj was not even considered a classical vocalist at one point in time -- he used to play the tabla and accompany great vocalists, and was given second-class treatment because accompanists were treated that way in those days... till Ravi Shankar changed all that by his casting the spotlight on a certain Alla Rakha Khan.) Jasraj's older brothers have remained unknown to all but students of classical music. In this album, all three have sung all the tracks together, with different parts done by different members -- a 3-way jugalbandi of sorts.

That cassette became one of my absolute favourites. I had a Nak ZX-9. And the sound used to literally turn my soul upside down.

My Nak ZX-9 died, and no one I met who repaired Naks could repair it. The cassette was never released on CD (like a lot of the absolutely top quality classical albums from Saregama and others. Ditto, vinyl and CD -- anyone remember Vilayat's famous vinyl of Bhairavi, never released on CD?)

So, I begged a friend to digitise my cassette and give me WAV, which he did. His cassette deck was not a Nak, and he struggled to get it to work, but at least I got the music out.

Today, I discovered those tracks on Saregama, and for a princely sum of Rs.30 (Rs.10 per track), I am now downloading 174 + 140 + 61 MB of WAV files. I have those tracks again. If someone remixes and remasters these three songs from the original master tapes, I'll pay Rs.5,000 for a re-mastered HD album of this set.

Thank you. I don't have the words. :D

Bought the album, loved it. Found that Pt. Maniram has another album available here, bought it as well. Get it if you already haven't!

Bought the album, loved it. Found that Pt. Maniram has another album available here, bought it as well. Get it if you already haven't!
Ya, I got that too. :)

But let me tell you something really depressing about the "Three Brothers" album.

When the cassette was released, it had two ragas, each with two parts. I believe the LP too has these four parts. (You can see these LPs listed on discogs.com)

What you downloaded from the site has only three out of these four parts. The second part of the second raga is missing. Believe it or not.

I had persuaded a dear friend to digitise the cassette, and therefore I have the missing portion. It's a drut composition; absolutely delightful. It really rounds out the album.

I can pass on the fourth part to you if you want.

As to why Saregama dropped the fourth part: don't even ask. :(

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back