Floor Standers : PSB T5/T6 or QA 2050i

drajesh

Hi friends,

This is my first post here, I have been going through various posts on this forum and have gained a lot.

I need some help in finalizing floor standers for my NAD D3020 integrated amp.
Not looking for book shelfs, as I prefer the depth/full bodied sound of Towers, also placement wise space is not an issue.

My room size is 17ft width* 20ft breadth.
My usage will be 85% music and 15% (movies - TV).
Music preference : Hindi Movie Songs, Ghazals.
Source : FLAC files played via laptop connected to NAD d3020 using USB.
Budget : 60-75k

Based on my auditions, I have shortlisted the following :

1) PSB Image T5 or T6 (unable to audition T6 - Can stretch if T6 offers more value for money)
2) Q Acoustics 2050i

I have heard both T5 & Q2050i at different places and am equally impressed with both.

Looking for good mid range / vocals clarity.

Since d3020 is rated a 30WPC, I am looking for Towers having 90db+ sensitivity. Also, I will be listening music at moderate levels.

Awaiting your views / ownership experience with PSB or QA.

Thanks,
Rajesh

PSB T6 is any day better IMHO

But don't use your brain much on sensitivity etc....Check with your amp. only and decide.

Hi MJ,

Thanks for the feedback,

I have gone through the Dali Zensor 7 thread by Grunthos, though it is 90db Sensitive, the Dali Z7 specs recommend amp with 40-150w.

Will it not be heavy on the d3020 @30wpc ?

The PSB T5 & T6 need amp from 20-200w whereas the Q2050i needs 25-150w.
Also, I had checked with Nad Support/Salon for tower recommendation for d3020 & they suggested PSB Image T5, T6 and Imagine T (out of my budget).

Thanks,
Rajesh

Hi drajesh,

PSB goes very well with NAD amp. I have never auditioned qa2050i. I am actually looking forward to it. I have tried T5 and T6 side by side. T6 is way too better than T5. I really felt big difference between the two. If you push up the budget by little T6 would be the best and ideal choice. I have heard Dali Zensor 5. It was way too bright for my taste. I did not get a chance to audition Zensor 7.

Take a demo of the Focal Chorus 714 FS

Chorus 714 - Focal

Should be good bet with your NAD amp.

Available for demo @ Fairdeal Electronics, Crawford Market

I have heard PSB a couple of times with NAD and a few other amps. NAD brings out the best in PSBs but with a little more bass than what I like.

I have tried NAD with newer Wharfedales too and unlike what people usually feel, this combination brought out very good vocals in my room.

A lot depends on your room too!

yes,I have gone through the Dali Zensor 7 thread by Grunthos, though it is 90db Sensitive, the Dali Z7 specs recommend amp with 40-150w.
w24mVL

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back