Floorstand under 30-35k

naveenkumar

Hello Members,

I am planning to buy pair of floorstand speaker and my budget is about 30K-35K.
My interest would be on 80% on Music and 20% Movie. The speakers should have deep base and clear mid & highs.

Please suggest me brand, model no & cost for good speakers.

Also I have doubt that can??t we assemble the same quality of speakers for the budget.

Paradigm
B&W
KEF
Monitor
Tannoy
Klipsch
Definitive Tech
Dynaudio
Wharfedale
PSB
Proac
QUAD
MS
Boston
Polk Audio
Sony and any others

Thanks for you help in anticipation.

Naveen

Paradigm - monitor towers will come within i suppose
B&W - out of your price range
KEF - iq5 should be around this price
Monitor - the best bet for you I suppose - BR5 - close to 37k
Tannoy
Klipsch
Definitive Tech
Dynaudio - out of your price range
Wharfedale - diamond 9 series towers are well within your budget.
PSB - you should get the Alpha towers within this budget
Proac - way out of your price range
QUAD - out of your price range
MS - avant series is lot cheaper around 22k max
Boston - not sure
Polk Audio - monitor series should be well within
Sony and any others - nope

for dyi, check www.corrson.com

try jamo s718, awesome pair of speakers,
klipsch rf 52, or synergy f2,
pour in some more money around 48K and get ur self rockin' RF82's :D

Hello Members,

I am planning to buy pair of floorstand speaker and my budget is about 30K-35K.
My interest would be on 80% on Music and 20% Movie. The speakers should have deep base and clear mid & highs.

Hi Naveen,
Since you are interested more into music and have a keen liking into deep bass i'll suggest a different Idea.
My pick for you would be a Polk Monitor 50 + Polk DSW PRO-500.
The list price for Monitor 50 is 20K and PRO-500 is 22K in profx website.

I am sure the dealer can give atleast 2k to 3K discount if not more.

So for less than 40K you'll have a very good system and the speaker & Sub are equally competent for both Music & Movies.:)
The Pro-500 is a very respected Subwoofer for the price.The 10" Bass driver gives good tight Bass punch for music and a very good extension for movies.For lesser money you can get the PSW series but i bet the pro-500 is much more potent.Try to audition this combo if possible.I'm sure you'll like it.
And in future if you want to upgrade the front floorstanders the Monitor 50's can do a sterling job as surrounds.And your setup would be really serious and rocking.

Now if you want only floorstanders my pick would be the Monitor Audio BR5 and the wharfdale 9.5 or 9.6.The 9.6 has got dual 8" drivers.I think these speakers will be bit outside your budget.>35K
Though the Polk RTi-A5 will be inside i.e <35K.

Keep Hunting & Enjoy.

with best wishes,
SAM:cool:

My pick would be...

1. BR5
2. Diamond 9.5
3. F4 Custom
4. Avant 906i

Take your time and listen to all. You never know, even the polk or boston might also impress you!

All the best.

There is one Cadence Diva pair on Sale in Kolkota. I have asked some more details (Prices, contact details etc) and will try to post that information here as and when it becomes available.

Cadence Diva was priced at 71K (Including 12.5% VAT) till couple of months back (Now it almost 124K) . With some negotiations can be had for 30-35 K . This far far better than the other brands suggested in this thread.

Last edited:
There is one Cadence Diva pair on Sale in Kolkota. I have asked some more details (Prices, contact details etc) and will try to post that information here as and when it becomes available.

Cadence Diva was priced at 71K (Including 12.5% VAT) till couple of months back (Now it almost 124K) . With some negotiations can be had for 30-35 K . This far far better than the other brands suggested in this thread.

WOW Man,:eek:
Cadence Diva for 30-35K.:eek:
Electrostatic:D Speakers

It may not be a steal, it must be Grand Theft...:p
Sam:cool:

WOW Man,:eek:
Cadence Diva for 30-35K.:eek:
Electrostatic:D Speakers

It may not be a steal, it must be Grand Theft...:p
Sam:cool:

Samuel, Cadence Diva is not electrostat but a better designed Dynamic speaker. Further 30-35K is just an estimated resale value and not the asking price (Owner hasn't stated any price as such).

For speculation I assumed that the spekers are around 4-5 years old and in, 7/10 condition and also used Cadence old 71K MSRP as a ref. Now if the speakers are younger than that and/or in better shape than 7/10 then whole equation might change.

Even if someone gets it around for 40-45K , it is a good deal IMHO.

Frankly Suhas if one is spending 45k, I'd rather get the Arita than the Diva. I like it the way better than the Diva. Even the dynaudio Audience 52 would be a good speaker.

Frankly Suhas if one is spending 45k, I'd rather get the Arita than the Diva. I like it the way better than the Diva. Even the dynaudio Audience 52 would be a good speaker.

Arita needs matching stands. You won't find a pre owned Arita w/ stands for 45K. I sold my Arita pair w/ stands at much higher price than 45K.

Diva being a floor stander w/ bigger woofer is better in bass department, so if one considers cost and bass performance preowned Diva at 45 K is still a better deal IMHO.

I don't know Dyna 52's current price but it should be close to 45K and then you need to add stands worth Rs 10K. But if someone finds a pre-owned Dyna 52 for 25-30K and adds stands (10K) then this 35K-40K combo against Arita / Diva could be a tough call.

Hi guys,
One of our forum members Kunal was choosing between the Dyna A 52 and the aritas and was a bit confused. In a largish room with a musical fidelity integrated driving both the Dyna was the better, more neutral speaker to my ears. The Arita was definately not impressive in that set up. Kunal ended up with the MA RS 6 finally but thats a different story !!!!!!!!!!!

Suhas if i am not mistaken Huzefa ( cadence dealer in bbay) was offering Kunal NEW aritas + stands for about 53/55K a couple of months ago so u obviously got a good price for your aritas.
Regards

Last edited:
Samuel, Cadence Diva is not electrostat but a better designed Dynamic speaker. Further 30-35K is just an estimated resale value and not the asking price (Owner hasn't stated any price as such).

For speculation I assumed that the spekers are around 4-5 years old and in, 7/10 condition and also used Cadence old 71K MSRP as a ref. Now if the speakers are younger than that and/or in better shape than 7/10 then whole equation might change.

Even if someone gets it around for 40-45K , it is a good deal IMHO.

Thanks Suhas.Got a bit carried away between the arca's anina's and amaya's.:p
SAM:cool:

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back