Floorstanders Audition and Queries

SVS i dont know if there is any dealers in Ahmedabad.
For Klipsch, ive heard both RP280F, R28F. 280 is an excellent choice but above 80K, i dont want to spend as i need to get new sub as well. I am auditioning Dali Zensor 7 tomorrow. But R28F was really good as well, i mean not as good as RP280, but better then others atleast. from my point of view.

I am waiting to audtion Zensor 5/7 too. Do let me know your feedback once you hear them.

I havent heard the Tannoys, but if you are ready to stretch to 50k, you HAVE to try out the Dali Zensor 5s (they can be had for 50-55k depending on your bargaining)

According to me they are far better than the Polks

Tannoy Mercury MRP is 60k and with discount it will be in same price range as well.

Tannoy Mercury MRP is 60k and with discount it will be in same price range as well.

MRP for the V4i is around 56-58k
MRP for the new Eclipse range (Eclipse 3)is 46k (40-42k dealer price)

Tried the Eclipse 2 (single driver)- I found the high end detailing lacking in the mp3 files and m4a played from mac. I am not sure whether high end would be different in the 2 driver eclipse 3. It basically has the same tweeter. I ll have to source some FLACs for trial.

I have no opportunity to hear the Daly Zensor series in Cochin. I have a good deal on the zensor 3 (no audition though). That keeps the budget to 30 k so that i can add a decent front firing 10 inch sub.

The Two Towers

At last took the plunge:yahoo:
Finalised on Eclipse 3 from Tannoy to pair up with my Denon x1200
Brought them home yesterday. Music oriented speakers.
Beautiful speakers for the price (41k)

As good as the mercury v4i except for the finish of the speakers and the size of the drivers. Very good bass output even before breaking in
Good vocals in music
Highs are smooth - not as bright as the polk or dalys
No fatigue after listening to them for hours

Good option for anyone preferring a floorstander for music > movies with a warm sound. Near audiophile quality sound.:clapping:

Attachments

• 20160701_062017.jpg
    20160701_062017.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 199
  • 20160630_190339.jpg
    20160630_190339.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 203
  • 20160630_192520.jpg
    20160630_192520.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 201
Re: The Two Towers

As good as the mercury v4i except for the finish of the speakers and the size of the drivers. Very good bass output even before breaking in
Good vocals in music

Good option for anyone preferring a floorstander for music > movies with a warm sound. Near audiophile quality sound.:clapping:

where did u buy them from and how much did the x1200cost you, btw congrats on the new speakers

I have MA Rx6 AV set up. Good system both for music and AV, You could audition at Imperial Sound at Mumbai. The old Rx series is better than new silver.

Re: The Two Towers

Good vocals in music

Congrats for your new AVR and speakers. Enjoy the setup!

Update:

Been too busy past few weeks and had to put hold on auditioning for some time. Finally managed to audition Dali Zensors and also Monitor Audio Bronze.

Zensors had good imaging, clarity and were loud. But I felt that mids somewhat overpowered highs. MA Bronze sounded good but lacked refinement. Not much difference from Zensors.

Finally decided to go ahead with Tannoys. Meantime, Tannoy Mercury 7 got launched. Placed the order and had the installation done yesterday. Will write a separate review once burn-in is done.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and advice. It's been a 6 month long process of listening, comparing and deciding. Finally I can put my feet up and listen to the music!

Great. Looking forward for the unpacking pics and share price. Thanks

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Congratulations, was following this thread to find out your final call, Plz share the price, setup and experience with tennoys

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back