Floorstanders Audition and Queries

Thanks Aanuj. I guess most speakers, including V4i, have become costlier by 15% on account of INR depreciation itself.

I was also suggested XTZ in the Oceanic showroom and emphasized on the ribbon tweeter part. I am looking for auditioning this week sometime once the XtZ arrives.

I was also suggested XTZ in the Oceanic showroom and emphasized on the ribbon tweeter part. I am looking for auditioning this week sometime once the XtZ arrives.

It's already there. I auditioned last weekend.

Theres another brand called Melodika (model BL40) from Poland at Rs 85k and are said to have a beautiful sound, wide deep and controlled. Sound by Design, Delhi, are the guys selling then in India. Look out for Sound by Design or Sid Trehan in Facebook, very helpful and knowledgeable.

Last edited:
@vijar

Where did you have the audition of Q Acoustic?

I read you want to have audition of KEF- you can try soundscape in aundh, they deal with KEF.

Aquarius on east street which is under renovation can be tried for warfedale and dali.

@Vijar...have you visited sound factor on east street? There is also cinebels at aundh. They deal in Jamo and Klipsch.

Pioneer pls 50. Marantz PM52.Yamaha NS 8390
Pioneer vsx1020k. JBL Cinema300. Polk Audio C30

@benz
Could not audition QA 3050. Oceanic have few QA speakers but not 3050. Will check Soundscape this weekend. Am in touch with Behram and waiting for their demo room to be ready for Dali.

@Desibell
Been to Sound Factor few times. They have only Focal in the price range that I am looking. I didnt like one speaker that I heard. It was much too bright. Have talked to Cinebels but I am not too keen on Jamo. Klipsch I will try to listen if I go to that side of town.

Thanks afj and regeHA. I considered BS but felt that for music I do need FS. Am trying to find out if I can audition RX6.

@Vinay: Yes there are matching surrounds and center as well as a sub with Tannoy V4i. I have got a quote but only FS were available for audition. I have concerns about TS 2.8 sub being offered and might switch to some other sub.

I have heard a lot of subs but none could beat - SVS in subwoofers....cost 45 to 55k ....but can be worth the extra money spent by say saving for a year than buying an average sub.

Thanks afj. Not sure where I can audition KEFs. If I travel to Mumbai/Hyd will try to see if I can audition them.

@elangos: my thinking is a bit different. I want to buy speakers that can last next 10 years whereas electronics always gets upgraded quickly. Hence if I spend 2L in all, I would allocate more money to speakers (~70%) than to AVR. Hence am not considering AVRs in 6 digits. I might be better off taking a basic AVR+ stereo amp in the same cost.

Hi
Entirely agree.

@benz
Could not audition QA 3050. Oceanic have few QA speakers but not 3050. Will check Soundscape this weekend. Am in touch with Behram and waiting for their demo room to be ready for Dali.

@Desibell
Been to Sound Factor few times. They have only Focal in the price range that I am looking. I didnt like one speaker that I heard. It was much too bright. Have talked to Cinebels but I am not too keen on Jamo. Klipsch I will try to listen if I go to that side of town.

Hi
Plz listen to Jamo and Klipsch both and then form your opinion.....when you have done so much spade work ....dont leave them out.....so that all members get the idea which was finally THE BEST FOR YOUR EARS?
Wish u good luck and happy listening.

I am also in a dilemma like which tower speakers I buy, jamo s426 and s428 is 5.0 system in which I can add sub later on and price is also attractive around 34k , but people say Polk and other brands are also good but they are selling only FS no 5.0
Looking for your advice guys .

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

@goget : thanks buddy. Am trying to listen to as many speakers as possible. Though, am not that much entused about Jamo and Klpisch. This plus dealer being far from my home has kept me from listening to these. But will try to have a demo if go to that side of town.

@aksar : you need to decide what you are looking for - speakers for music or for movies or for both and how much you are willing to spend. You can search the forum for various options at various price points. At the end of the day, trust your ears and buy what you like.

I am looking for movies and TV shows mainly , budget around 35k

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Hi Folks,

Here is the report for few more auditions I did manage.

Cabasse Java: It sounded powerful though I felt it could do with more refinement. Mids seemed to be muddled. MRP was 168k and definitely there are better speakers available at almost half the price. Elac Debut is much better than these speakers.

Polk RTi A9: These were really big speakers and the sound was big as well. With 6 drivers, I expected them to be refined. However, somehow these giants did not sound 'sweet'. Bass was boomy but not the kind that I would like. I felt they may be much better for movies than for music.

Revel F12: These were a disappointment. I stopped listening within minutes.

Still trying to audition Dali Zensors and QAcoustic. So far XTZ and Tannoy remain the two contenders for me.

@ vijar

good you auditioned variety of speakers. yesterday I did audition a pair of FS costing 2.2L , somehow I did not like it, I really felt that Tannoy FS sounded much better with better vocals, and highs.

I too have to audition Dali Zensor, unfortunately the Aquarius store is still under renovation, and I could not locate any other dealer for Dali :(

I too have to audition Dali Zensor, unfortunately the Aquarius store is still under renovation, and I could not locate any other dealer for Dali :(

I have been calling Behram every week. It seems there renovation will take on forever. Need a plan B to audition Dalis now.

QAcoustics 3050 - this weekend finally managed to audition this one. The speakers sound fabulous with clear mids and wide soundstage. Listened to few tracks from various genres and the only fault I found was that these speakers seem to hold back a notch or two and bass was bit subdued. Comparatively, Tannoy Mercury V4i was more forward.

Also did another round of comparison between Tannoys and XTZ. There are tracks where XTZs are distinctly superior but there are also tracks where we (myself and person demo'ing) could not notice any difference. At times, we were both confused as to which speakers were on. My conclusion is that XTZs are better by a slight margin but cost much more than that margin in percentage terms.

So, as of now, Tannoys seems to be the best amongst the lot that I have heard. But I am holding the final decision till I listen to few more - most importantly Dali Zensors and may be another listen to QA3050.

Hi friend...have you auditioned Wharfedale Diamond 240..if yes then what are your conclusions...if not then include it in your list before you finalise

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back