Floorstanders Audition and Queries

Hi friend...have you auditioned Wharfedale Diamond 240..if yes then what are your conclusions...if not then include it in your list before you finalise

Thanks Bobby. This weekend I may be able to cover few more brands for demo. My target list is Dali Zensor 5/7, Mission MX5, KEF Q series and will include Wharfedales too.

Hi all
I have been looking for a budget floorstander good for music and movied, more for music. For now the options are
1. Polk tsx 330 @ 32k
2. Polk tsx 440 @ 41k
3. Tannoy Eclipse 3@ 45k
4. Tannoy Eclipse 2@ 30k
5. Jamo - Excluded after audition- screeching insect like highs and boomy muddy bass

Would be going for denon avr 520bt if I choose tsx330 or eclipse2. Else x1200 for 440 or eclipse 3. I could not audition eclipse 3. However the eclipse 2 sure packed a punch.
Need advice. Please suggest.
About the avr, the dealer says that there is no much difference for music between the 520bt and x1200 as powers are very matched. Are Clip type speaker plugs inferior to banana plug sockets?

The clips vs banana is just a matter of convenience, I don't think it affects sound quality too much or anything for that matter.

Once u wire them in, how often do u think ur going to remove them? Ummm, never.... Maybe only to clean the area around the amp and the speaker's, otherwise once u plug them in, they going to stay in.

vijar,

Did you hear PSB Imagine X2T ? Listen to them once, they are nice too

Also regarding QA3050, was the sound booming ? What did you felt about subwoofer 3070s ?

Kindly let me know your feedback !

Hi all
I have been looking for a budget floorstander good for music and movied, more for music. For now the options are
1. Polk tsx 330 @ 32k
2. Polk tsx 440 @ 41k
3. Tannoy Eclipse 3@ 45k
4. Tannoy Eclipse 2@ 30k
5. Jamo - Excluded after audition- screeching insect like highs and boomy muddy bass

Would be going for denon avr 520bt if I choose tsx330 or eclipse2. Else x1200 for 440 or eclipse 3. I could not audition eclipse 3. However the eclipse 2 sure packed a punch.
About the avr, the dealer says that there is no much difference for music between the 520bt and x1200 as powers are very matched. Are Clip type speaker plugs inferior to banana plug sockets?

Hi Sandeep
Which model of Jamo you did not like.
Surely all models of Jamo are not possibly bad as they do have good reviews and fan base.
May plz elobrate for benifit of all.
thanks

Hi all
1. Polk tsx 330 @ 32k
2. Polk tsx 440 @ 41k
3. Tannoy Eclipse 3@ 45k
4. Tannoy Eclipse 2@ 30k

It is advisable you start a new thread.

vijar,

Did you hear PSB Imagine X2T ? Listen to them once, they are nice too

Also regarding QA3050, was the sound booming ? What did you felt about subwoofer 3070s ?

Kindly let me know your feedback !

Will give PSBs a try if I can find time. What price you been quoted for them.

QA3050s were not booming. In fact, I found them a bit laid back. I think their mids are stronger than highs and lows. 3070 sub was very good, much better than my expectations. It complemented 3050s very well. It's form factor can be an advantage if you want to slide it under the couch or sofa.

Hi Vijar,

I have the Tannoy v4i and i find them musical. Had purchased from oceanic before.

Guys I have recently sold my NS8900 Yamaha floorstanding speakers. Now I am looking to buy good pair. Yesterday I have auditioned kipsch and jamo. I liked kipsch 280 /260 but they didn't have last years 28/26 series.

Have any one found any noticeable difference between older and newer series?
Also any price info or RF28 or RF26. Let me know thank you.

Guys I have recently sold my NS8900 Yamaha floorstanding speakers. Now I am looking to buy good pair. Yesterday I have auditioned kipsch and jamo. I liked kipsch 280 /260 but they didn't have last years 28/26 series.

Have any one found any noticeable difference between older and newer series?
Also any price info or RF28 or RF26. Let me know thank you.

Whats the Budget?

Whats the Budget?

Anuj, I'm not restricted with budget, I mean am looking for good pair of speakers for listening music 60/40% movies. I started looking from Bose 301, pioneer fs22, to Highend klipsch 280. And finally I liked Klipsch. But now that I'm comparing prices, klipsch 280 vs 28 has had about 50k difference. Both are identical, one is older then year. So that's why I was asking if anyone had chance to listen year old R28 klipsch.

Hi Johny

Didnt try Klipsch yet. Had heard PSB minis earlier not the FS.

If you have time try auditioning
- Klipsch Reference series floor standers 280 and 280F both sound great.
- PSB T2 and T3 Towers just amazing bass and treble.
- SVS Prime Tower and Ultra Towers with magnificent sounds.

If you have time try auditioning
- Klipsch Reference series floor standers 280 and 280F both sound great.
- PSB T2 and T3 Towers just amazing bass and treble.
- SVS Prime Tower and Ultra Towers with magnificent sounds.

SVS i dont know if there is any dealers in Ahmedabad.
For Klipsch, ive heard both RP280F, R28F. 280 is an excellent choice but above 80K, i dont want to spend as i need to get new sub as well. I am auditioning Dali Zensor 7 tomorrow. But R28F was really good as well, i mean not as good as RP280, but better then others atleast. from my point of view.

I have already bought the Denon X1200. Am trying Tannoy Eclipse 2, loaned by the dealer.

I am looking for a lowish budget floor-stander good for music (budget 30-50k /pair). I prefer warmer side of music.
Please suggest.

Currently my options are
1. Tannoy Eclipse 3
2. Polk tsx 440 T
3. Wharfdale Diamond 230
4. Polk tsx 330 T

I have already bought the Denon X1200. Am trying Tannoy Eclipse 2, loaned by the dealer.

I am looking for a lowish budget floor-stander good for music (budget 30-50k /pair). I prefer warmer side of music.
Please suggest.

Currently my options are
1. Tannoy Eclipse 3
2. Polk tsx 440 T
3. Wharfdale Diamond 230
4. Polk tsx 330 T

I havent heard the Tannoys, but if you are ready to stretch to 50k, you HAVE to try out the Dali Zensor 5s (they can be had for 50-55k depending on your bargaining)

According to me they are far better than the Polks

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back