Floorstanders - Dali Zensor 5 vs 7 : Audition & Queries

Hi Rahul,

Later when you get time pls share some pics and also your experience with the new setup, assuming you received your Dalis on saturday.

Regards,
amit.

Hi Guys,

Very happy to report that ALL IS WELL !!! :)

Had to get some adjustments to the 'Passion Center' (I like to use that phrase as Music and Movies have always been much more than just 'entertainment')

Fortunately, believe it or not carpentry work was done just in time.. When I had called the dealer, I was told that the speakers were already on their way.

Got the 'installation' done quickly with the addition of new banana plugs (so far, was connecting the amp end of the cable directly)

and finally, the moment of bliss !!!

* The speakers sound fantabulous. The living room shape/acoustics are good for floorstanders too.
* The 'leap of faith' from zensor 5 to 7 (audition was possible with 5 only) worked out wonderfully.
* The speakers are very really musical. Bass is controlled and confident (& ample compared to bookshelfs :) )
* MOST Important : Marantz amp with 45w can comfortably drive the speakers. No issue whatsoever. The volume is still kept typically between 9 to 10 o'clock and is still good enough.
* Some musical pieces, phrases are audible / clearer for the first time. Especially the lows and violin runs or soft background music is audible which was not so obvious previously.
* Vocals and separation of instrumentation is great.

So it is a 'wow' experience overall.

Guys, thanks again for your valuable inputs!
Cheers!!!

Some snaps:

15119477098_7809237d63_b.jpg

15302917021_4e409a5a57_z.jpg

15283017296_69b0518204_z.jpg

15305706632_dbe66cb14e_z.jpg

Nice pics Rahul.I am sure Dali is feeling your room with music.Certainly they are musical.I heard all zensor series except 3.All has similar signature with difference in Bass section.
cheers.

Congrats rahul. This looks cool. Keep updating your experience with these new speakers.

Even I am looking for this but I am not sure if my htr-3066 would able to carry them

Nice pics and enjoy :) !
I am also enroute to shortlisting and finalizing a new setup. Would be first time for me from Bose to such kind of hifi setup. As of now Tannoy v4i + as500 shortlisted.

and finally, the moment of bliss !!!

* The speakers sound fantabulous. The living room shape/acoustics are good for floorstanders too.
* The 'leap of faith' from zensor 5 to 7 (audition was possible with 5 only) worked out wonderfully.

Hi Rahul
A friend is contemplating buying either the Zensor 7 or 5. Would appreciate if you could let me know your room size and listening distance.
Thanks

The floorstanders would be the fronts of a 5.1 setup driven by a Marantz 7009 AVR. The surrounds are Zensor 1. Fronts are floorstanders for music.
Would a listening distance of 7 feet be good for the Zensor 7?

* The speakers are very really musical. Bass is controlled and confident (& ample compared to bookshelfs :) )
* MOST Important : Marantz amp with 45w can comfortably drive the speakers. No issue whatsoever. The volume is still kept typically between 9 to 10 o'clock and is still good enough.

Congratulations :)

I have the 5s but +1 to both your observations above.

Could you post a wider view of your arrangement please

ciao
gr

Hi Rahul
Would a listening distance of 7 feet be good for the Zensor 7?

Zensor 7 would be an overkill for 7 feet listening distance
Even Zensor 5 would be unnecessary

Maybe consider building the system with Zensor 3 in front and Zensor 1 in the back. The tonal signature would be similar and bass will be taken care of by the subwoofer

I've had the Zensor 7s paired with a denon avr x3100w in a 240 sft listening area for the last few months and I've found them fantastic, don't have to push the volumes to high levels. if the extra 10k is not a contraint, i would suggest to go for the Zensor 7, the bass is a lot tighter in general which i think should hold good irrespective of room sizes. i had a simliar experience where i could audition only the Z5, like the sound signature and decided to go for the Z7 in the same series, no regrets since.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back