fm heliumflight's 3 year cxn v1 for 55k with NO WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
y

yes thanks to people here saved me the hassle of dragging wire from my modem and to to my bedroom which might involve drilling a hole in the wall and pvc sealing on the cable etc and a couple of extra thousands etc... even now i just bought a extender with ethernet port and a ethernet cable which set me back by 2700inr though not a big amount its really an unwanted and unnecessary expense for me... it would have been really nice if just that wifi thingy worked i would have just been a happy buyer and would have been enjoying my tidal playlists... instead of all these... but i am sure all these happened for a reason and someone's hard earned money saved!

Which model is the one you bought?

y

yes thanks to people here saved me the hassle of dragging wire from my modem and to to my bedroom which might involve drilling a hole in the wall and pvc sealing on the cable etc and a couple of extra thousands etc... even now i just bought a extender with ethernet port and a ethernet cable which set me back by 2700inr though not a big amount its really an unwanted and unnecessary expense for me... it would have been really nice if just that wifi thingy worked i would have just been a happy buyer and would have been enjoying my tidal playlists... instead of all these... but i am sure all these happened for a reason and someone's hard earned money saved!
I really liked your tone here now. You sound less stressed and more calm now.
And thanks for accepting my thoughts positively.
Cheers

y

Glad to hear - Just curious - what did you pick up that cost 2.7K?
Repeaters cost half of that

i can still cancel the order what do you suggest i do?

If I were you , I would take the WA850 because I know for sure it supports bridging
The WA855 also should I guess but can't say for sure - suggest you validate that on the TP Link product page

As for the ethernet cable - I know some feel otherwise but a simple 100/- Rs Cat6 patch cable or the patch cable that comes with the wireless bridge is more than sufficient for a simple requirement like yours

That has only one lan port
In the long run these wifi extenders tend to heat up and then get slow
One LAN port is sufficient since the use case is for a simple wireless to Wired bridge- I haven't seen these things fail ever

i can still cancel the order what do you suggest i do?

Personally I have not had good experience with these wifi extenders.

You said you have good coverage of primary router in the area where you want to keep streamer

So now check if you have desk space to keep second router.

If yes, I would suggest go with 845

I use 845 and know it does support WDS wireless. It also helps that your primary too is a TPlink.

So if the 999 INR one can do what you want it to do why spend more

Otherwise 845, 850 & 855 all will work

845 will only support 2.4 GHz band , if it matters in any way

Personally I have not had good experience with these wifi extenders.

You said you have good coverage of primary router in the area where you want to keep streamer

So now check if you have desk space to keep second router.

If yes, I would suggest go with 845
These extenders are bad for regular devices that require a lot of bandwidth e.g. your mobile or laptop because the link speeds are theoretically cut into half and realisically by more than a quarter when you use them as a repeater

In bridged mode though, it acts as a simple wifi client - assuming good coverage from the primary router, bridged mode should give 100mbps+ comfortably to a wired client

These extenders are bad for regular devices that require a lot of bandwidth e.g. your mobile or laptop because the link speeds are theoretically cut into half and realisically by more than a quarter when you use them as a repeater

In bridged mode though, it acts as a simple wifi client - assuming good coverage from the primary router, bridged mode should give 100mbps+ comfortably to a wired client

Agree
Then one which supports bridge mode makes sense
850 or 855

On a side note, if you get good 5ghz coverage near your CXN then get one of the 5ghz models - far more stable throughput than 2,4
Although more for future proofing purposes as an audio streaing device doesnt need much bandwidth
exactly the reason why i went for 855 rather than the cheaper model which is only 2.4ghz.

While I get that the forum mods, or those taking the line of reading that they forum or it's moderators have no obligation to vet sellers or provide compensation or take any action against errant sellers (though we have banned outright frauds in the past)

The value of the marketplace here is the community. Else we might as well post on FB marketplace or olx. What I have seen on other forums is that there is a fair amount of options to let the community maintain buyer seller feedback. It could range from a full fledged functionality, to just a subforum within feedback for marketplace feedback where everyone can post their experiences with sellers and buyers.

Coming back to this thread, I think the seller is being intentionally obtuse. Given the obvious issues raised, and given his concern that the buyer has remorse, and is trying to return the item, the least he could have done is offered to pay for the stuff needed to enable wifi streaming. Normally I'd be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt, but given his history, I think he has cried wolf too many times

Very Sorry to hear about your ordeal @metalmickey. Lot of can be said about what should have been done before one makes the payment, but you very well know it is only post-mortem now ! These unpleasant experiences will only make us strong and wary as we move forward.

i bought rj45 7feet cat 7 amazon basics cable and tp link wa855re extender
I use the same one to connect to my Digione and it works flawlessly, very easy to setup and run too !

Very Sorry to hear about your ordeal @metalmickey. Lot of can be said about what should have been done before one makes the payment, but you very well know it is only post-mortem now ! These unpleasant experiences will only make us strong and wary as we move forward.

I use the same one to connect to my Digione and it works flawlessly, very easy to setup and run too !
thanks buddy that's a relief!

e
While I get that the forum mods, or those taking the line of reading that they forum or it's moderators have no obligation to vet sellers or provide compensation or take any action against errant sellers (though we have banned outright frauds in the past)

The value of the marketplace here is the community. Else we might as well post on FB marketplace or olx. What I have seen on other forums is that there is a fair amount of options to let the community maintain buyer seller feedback. It could range from a full fledged functionality, to just a subforum within feedback for marketplace feedback where everyone can post their experiences with sellers and buyers.

Coming back to this thread, I think the seller is being intentionally obtuse. Given the obvious issues raised, and given his concern that the buyer has remorse, and is trying to return the item, the least he could have done is offered to pay for the stuff needed to enable wifi streaming. Normally I'd be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt, but given his history, I think he has cried wolf too many times
if only he had offered some kind of help there would have been no necessity for this lengthy thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking like I'm late on this thread...
I had discussed the issues and how to improve the Sales Section Earlier in this thread...

@op I'm using a Cxn v2 Streamer and I have never used the WiFi, In fact I have never used the AVR Wi-Fi as well. When you are serious about audiophile SQ (as indicated by buying the Streamer) you should look for upgrading to wired Etherenet connection.
Having said that, if you had specifically asked for wifi dongle status, it's totally misrepresentation by the seller, otherwise it becomes a difficult proposition. Ideally yes, Seller should have mentioned that he hasn't checked WiFi dongle, but it is unpredictable.

Also ask for a invoice whenever someone says he's the first buyer, or any proof of transaction, a CC bill maybe ; if he's unable to produce one, you're free to bargain and take a call. In spite of everything, it's mostly a leap of faith and buying Pre-owned always comes with its own set of risks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back