fm heliumflight's 3 year cxn v1 for 55k with NO WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks cancelled my previous order and placed order for this! thanks saved some cash!

What... not again? i read a guy answering in the comments section saying dual band works
From

Wireless StandardsIEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b
Frequency2.4~2.4835GHz

It will work fine for audio streaming though anyway

thanks cancelled my previous order and placed order for this! thanks saved some cash!

What... not again? i read a guy answering in the comments section saying dual band works
I can quite confidently say 855re is not dual band. If you want dual band re205 should be a good choice. You can check tp links website for the specifications.
Edit: I am using tp link c20 and it's a great performer and will give you way more flexibility. Will fit your purpose very well, is cheap too.
Look at this link to know how to use it for your purpose. https://www.google.com/amp/s/techtr...750-archer-c20-range-extender-mode-setup/amp/

I can quite confidently say 855re is not dual band. If you want dual band re205 should be a good choice. You can check tp links website for the specifications.
Edit: I am using tp link c20 and it's a great performer and will give you way more flexibility. Will fit your purpose very well, is cheap too.
Look at this link to know how to use it for your purpose. https://www.google.com/amp/s/techtr...750-archer-c20-range-extender-mode-setup/amp/
alright sir will try this... hope everything works out fine!

@metalmickey, sorry to hear about your unfortunate incident. Good to see you are going forward with this. Adapt a bit and enjoy your Tidal. Lot of solid suggestions already.

I still feel that replies to the For Sale posts should be enabled. This way, during the course of conversation all the dilly dally becomes apparent and a high possibility of a FM warning the buyer about the integrity of the seller and or the product. After the sale and before closing the thread, buyer should give feedback on the product and seller. A rating system grades the seller for future reference for other buyers.

Just my 2 annas.

If the primary router is not dual band why worry now
the primary is indeed dual band

@metalmickey, sorry to hear about your unfortunate incident. Good to see you are going forward with this. Adapt a bit and enjoy your Tidal. Lot of solid suggestions already.

I still feel that replies to the For Sale posts should be enabled. This way, during the course of conversation all the dilly dally becomes apparent and a high possibility of a FM warning the buyer about the integrity of the seller and or the product. After the sale and before closing the thread, buyer should give feedback on the product and seller. A rating system grades the seller for future reference for other buyers.

Just my 2 annas.
totally agree with your suggestions bro...

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE - finally Cambridge audio uk replied and they will be charging me 20 pounds for the product plus shipping!.have asked my cousin who will be traveling to India in a week to get it for me.

UPDATE - finally Cambridge audio uk replied and they will be charging me 20 pounds for the product plus shipping!.have asked my cousin who will be traveling to India in a week to get it for me.
You really want to spend that much to go wireless? Wired is anyday a better option even if the router is sitting on top of your streamer.

MaSh

You really want to spend that much to go wireless? Wired is anyday a better option even if the router is sitting on top of your streamer.

MaSh

I think it’s a small cost (max Rs 2000... just 4% of the total cost) to make a product fully functional. Irrespective of whether and how much it gets used, it gives the satisfaction of having a completely functional product.

Wired is anyday a better option even if the router is sitting on top of your streamer
Very well put!

think it’s a small cost (max Rs 2000... just 4% of the total cost) to make a product fully functional
I checked mine, it's simple Edimax USB WiFi adapter.
This one looks same... Available for Rs 545 on Amazon

Edimax EW-7811Un Wi-Fi USB Adapter (Black and Gold) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B003MTTJOY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_.IQ1DbCV6HZM3

IMG_20191121_204410__01.jpg

I think it’s a small cost (max Rs 2000... just 4% of the total cost) to make a product fully functional. Irrespective of whether and how much it gets used, it gives the satisfaction of having a completely functional product.
it's almost like you spoke my mind
Very well put!

I checked mine, it's simple Edimax USB WiFi adapter.
This one looks same... Available for Rs 545 on Amazon

Edimax EW-7811Un Wi-Fi USB Adapter (Black and Gold) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B003MTTJOY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_.IQ1DbCV6HZM3

View attachment 41377
tried something similar but did not work...guess these things will work only on a pc?! i actually tried a lot before I gave up and contacted the Cambridge audio guys

Looking like I'm late on this thread...
I had discussed the issues and how to improve the Sales Section Earlier in this thread...

@op I'm using a Cxn v2 Streamer and I have never used the WiFi, In fact I have never used the AVR Wi-Fi as well. When you are serious about audiophile SQ (as indicated by buying the Streamer) you should look for upgrading to wired Etherenet connection.
Having said that, if you had specifically asked for wifi dongle status, it's totally misrepresentation by the seller, otherwise it becomes a difficult proposition. Ideally yes, Seller should have mentioned that he hasn't checked WiFi dongle, but it is unpredictable.

Also ask for a invoice whenever someone says he's the first buyer, or any proof of transaction, a CC bill maybe ; if he's unable to produce one, you're free to bargain and take a call. In spite of everything, it's mostly a leap of faith and buying Pre-owned always comes with its own set of risks.
can you like help me by lending your dongle? i am kind of doubtful if incase the port is faulty?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes and it will be perfect match as per company recommendation.So no tension.:)

finally the tp link re205 extender arrived and got the extender connected to the cxn through a rj45 cat 7 cable and yup its playing beautifully now!... thanks to all you people's suggestions and advice! finally i got it running and meanwhile to check out tidal 's master mqa got myself a bluesound node 2i!... now two streamers yuppy yayyy!

That's great. Congratulations.
finally the tp link re205 extender arrived and got the extender connected to the cxn through a rj45 cat 7 cable and yup its playing beautifully now!... thanks to all you people's suggestions and advice! finally i got it running and meanwhile to check out tidal 's master mqa got myself a bluesound node 2i!... now two streamers yuppy yayyy!
That's great. Congratulations.

MaSh

Enjoy the bliss which only your fav music can bring. (Can be enhanced with some single malt companionship)

Just my 2 drops

Iam very very late to this thread. And Iam the resident expert at buying lemons from reputed forum members here, who usually only reside in the high-end gear discussion threads.

Two of my friends who are also forum members here, received the said component. And both pointed out the problem. When I took it up with the seller, he first said he didn't try that section. Then later claimed that the same section was working fine in his place, and must have been damaged in transit. I asked for a part refund for the section th at was not working, as I had paid 1.6L for it. He declined even that.

Subsequently I sent the unit to a technician for repairs and he sent me pics of the boards with repair and solder marks. I felt utterly disgusted. But couldn't do much, so kept quiet.

I would never ever sell something without explaining it a demerits or problems .

We need to have a review system like Audiogon has, so folks are careful about their reputation. Iam sure that if we had that in place, the person who sold me that would have been very very careful. As my feedback would ensure that he could never ever sell anything on this forum again.

I think we should have a template for classifieds and advise every seller to stick to it.

"What is not working? " can be one of the declarations they shall explicitly mention in their post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back