For All Chennai Gamers

shailenderb

Landmark (Spencer's), Chennai is selling "pre-owned" PS3, PSP, X-Box and PC games at heavily discounted prices. They had some 40+ PS3 games on offer when I visited.

Gamers in other cities may check with Landmark branches in their cities.

Regds / Shailender

Landmark (Spencer's), Chennai is selling "pre-owned" PS3, PSP, X-Box and PC games at heavily discounted prices. They had some 40+ PS3 games on offer when I visited.

Gamers in other cities may check with Landmark branches in their cities.

Regds / Shailender

Do they trade-in Games as well?

Any idea about the source of these games? Some of the modern games have a serial key which can be used only once, and need online activation.

They looked brand new and I doubt if they are really pre-owned. They may be calling them so to safeguard their price structure. This is just my guess.

I bought a couple of games fully sealed and the discs looked untouched. Also, they keep replacing the "sold" stock with new "pre-owned" stock. How many of the same games can they get in trade-in?

Regds / Shailender

They looked brand new and I doubt if they are really pre-owned. They may be calling them so to safeguard their price structure. This is just my guess.

I bought a couple of games fully sealed and the discs looked untouched. Also, they keep replacing the "sold" stock with new "pre-owned" stock. How many of the same games can they get in trade-in?

Regds / Shailender

Then I guess these are just old stock which retailers normally dispose off at low prices when the box is crumpled, or plastic sealing has come off. How can a pre-owned game be sealed?

BTW which titles are available?

will check em out by the weekend!....need to pick up sumthng for my ps3 as i am done with the "god of war 3" bought @ blur in sathyam multiplx two months back!....hope i get somethng good in the sale but by the weekend most stuff will be gone i bet!......will be lucky if i get "virtua tennis" or "top spin" been searching for thm for quite some time now!.anyway is the sale only in the spencer's branch?....

will check em out by the weekend!....need to pick up sumthng for my ps3 as i am done with the "god of war 3" bought @ blur in sathyam multiplx two months back!....hope i get somethng good in the sale but by the weekend most stuff will be gone i bet!......will be lucky if i get "virtua tennis" or "top spin" been searching for thm for quite some time now!.anyway is the sale only in the spencer's branch?....

Yes, it is only at the Spencer's branch. Not really being interested in games, I don't recall the titles. My son picked up a couple of PS3 games and one PSP game. PSP game is Desi Adda with some traditional Indian games.

Paid Rs. 250 for PSP game and 800 and 750 for the two PS3 games. They had more than 40 PS3 titles when I visited.

Regds / Shailender

I remember the Forum Landmark (in bengaluru) had an option of buying back used games. Vaguely remember seeing the board.
I dont know if they have anything in stock yet. I may check it out next month ( Done playing God Of War 3, now on to Killzone 2 :) )

Any one knows if the same sale is in bangalore landmark too ?:rolleyes:

@sstew

U can trade in any number of games. There are no limits. I traded in about 8 games at a time.
But be wary, If the games are more than a year old, he does not give you more than INR 350. So I would say it would be better to trade in ASAP once you are done with the game. I sold my Infamous 2 after a couple of months from the date of release. I bought it for INR 2250 and got bact INR 1750. And it's now available at all landmark outlets. And you may also want to check out intencity.com. They sell pre owned games online and they are trustworthy. And indiagamez.webs.com, they rent out ps3 games at INR 350 for 10 days. I know it's a steep price, but sometimes you may not want to pay a fortune on a not so great game.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back