Fostex t50rp mk3 shipping to India from USA

krishtrinity

Anyone interested in getting the new fostex headphone,reviews are saying it is amazing value for the price,but its only available in USA.Can you recommend the best way to ship this headphones here without paying large sum for the customs

Hi Krishtrinity,

Get some contact in US and request to hand carry :). You end up paying atleast 50% (Shipping+Customs) Extra of original prize if you take Courier route.

Hi Krishtrinity,

Get some contact in US and request to hand carry :). You end up paying atleast 50% (Shipping+Customs) Extra of original prize if you take Courier route.

Right know nobody I know is in US,also looking into the RBH hp2 headphone but not many reviews online

Check out amazon.com, there few US sellers that do global shipping as well. At checkout you'll see final price
BTW , the measurements for mk3 look worse than the mk2

I am using these HP.
May I ask you what genre of music you listen to.

I have couple other HP (AT 50 & grado 80) and each has its strengths.

The fostex have a very relaxed and detailed sound. I like it for listening to genres matching this presentation. Vocals, classical, soft music you get the idea. They are not very punchy in the lower bass so the presentation may not suite genres like rock, etc (my AT 50 does better here and also brighter) Fostex is more balanced sound.

So please read some reviews before going for it purely based on VFM.

If you get them at a good price then irrespective of your genre preference I think they are great HP giving very good sound.

Cheers!

I am using these HP.
May I ask you what genre of music you listen to.

I have couple other HP (AT 50 & grado 80) and each has its strengths.

The fostex have a very relaxed and detailed sound. I like it for listening to genres matching this presentation. Vocals, classical, soft music you get the idea. They are not very punchy in the lower bass so the presentation may not suite genres like rock, etc (my AT 50 does better here and also brighter) Fostex is more balanced sound.

So please read some reviews before going for it purely based on VFM.

If you get them at a good price then irrespective of your genre preference I think they are great HP giving very good sound.

Cheers!
Are you using the mk3?where did you buy it from.I am not a fan of ath m50 headphones,soundstage is too narrow to my ears.

As far as I've heard, They seem to be giant killers with few hiccups. Not comfortable right out of the box. They're on the brighter side of things. Mids are not that great.
However, at this price point, They don't have much of a competition. I don't own them. Just word of mouth from a friend who owns it.

As far as I've heard, They seem to be giant killers with few hiccups. Not comfortable right out of the box. They're on the brighter side of things. Mids are not that great.
However, at this price point, They don't have much of a competition. I don't own them. Just word of mouth from a friend who owns it.

where did your friend buy it from?

@Krishtrinity
I made this ID just now to reply here.
I am looking for the same headphones too. Fostex website says PAXT Ltd
and
Fostex Distributors
are official distributors in India but ironically both are based in UK and Singapore resp.

I sent them a mail for availability for the same but yet to receive a reply. Frankly, I don't hope much.

In US, the price of the same headphones have rocketed from near $120 to $160. Fostex is offering a cashback of $50 for US address only.
American Music & Sound

Which again brings us back to square one.

Google points to this website Fostex T50RP mk3 Studio Headphones | ?13,220 India Price
But I have my skepticism.

If you find a workaround please tag me too. Thanks.

@Krishtrinity
I made this ID just now to reply here.
I am looking for the same headphones too. Fostex website says PAXT Ltd
and
Fostex Distributors
are official distributors in India but ironically both are based in UK and Singapore resp.

I sent them a mail for availability for the same but yet to receive a reply. Frankly, I don't hope much.

In US, the price of the same headphones have rocketed from near $120 to $160. Fostex is offering a cashback of $50 for US address only.
American Music & Sound

Which again brings us back to square one.

Google points to this website Fostex T50RP mk3 Studio Headphones | ?13,220 India Price
But I have my skepticism.

If you find a workaround please tag me too. Thanks.

Audiobuy is fake website,I did the research.Currently there is one available at eBay.com at 130 dollars,but it is the refurbished version meaning they are selling a repaired headphone.One of the reviews said one buyer got a non working mk3.

"They're on the brighter side of things. Mids are not that great."

These Fostex models are supposedly for studio use!
My HP gives one of the best and relaxing mids I have heard. The trebel is nice and not at all bright.
The frequency response is "flat" with very good resolution. (The extra resolution might be equated to bright response perhaps! As happens in some cases)

I specifically bought these as they have superb mids which I heard in the hp of my friend and decided to buy one myself.

Last edited:
"They're on the brighter side of things. Mids are not that great."

These Fostex models are supposedly for studio use!
My HP gives one of the best and relaxing mids I have heard. The trebel is nice and not at all bright.
The frequency response is "flat" with very good resolution. (The extra resolution might be equated to bright response perhaps! As happens in some cases)

I specifically bought these as they have superb mids which I heard in the hp of my friend and decided to buy one myself.
I am interested in them because of their price to performance ratio,also to experience the planar sound at a budget price.Anyway I bought a used set of Philips shp9500 which I will probably will be getting today.

Make sure you have something with enough power to drive these HPs. The specs say 50ohms 92dB but trust me they are seriously inneficient. I don't know if the impedence works differently for plannar (i think it doesn't) but comparing them to similarly rated headphones (My Ue6000 unknown sensitivity - nominal 52ohms) they surely require a lot lot more power (Using FIIO Q1 DAC/Amp over usb host).

On the other hand i picked mine up in germany and paid around 140euro. i can see they are still available for about the same. See if some one is coming from germany. you can also get a VAT refund in case they are on a short term Visa.

Make sure you have something with enough power to drive these HPs. The specs say 50ohms 92dB but trust me they are seriously inneficient. I don't know if the impedence works differently for plannar (i think it doesn't) but comparing them to similarly rated headphones (My Ue6000 unknown sensitivity - nominal 52ohms) they surely require a lot lot more power (Using FIIO Q1 DAC/Amp over usb host).

On the other hand i picked mine up in germany and paid around 140euro. i can see they are still available for about the same. See if some one is coming from germany. you can also get a VAT refund in case they are on a short term Visa.
Decided to go with Fidelio x2

Those are great too. What did you pay for them? did you get them in india? How do you like them(if you have got them already). :D

They sound mindblowing,these have tighter clamp than the shp 9500(new?),more v shaped sound compared to the 9500.Way better build quality and sound quality is a notch above the 9500.Both have their strengths and weakness from a pure value for money view 9500 is still the king.I see that you got the shp 9500 and the fostex,how is the mk3?

I have never heard the X2 so dont know, but i agree on the value of the 9500, i got mine for 59.99 usd delivered, so well i can live with the less sub bass on them. The fostex i have had only for two weeks plus i am traveling and they dont like portable amps. I will be able to give you an update in a month once I am back home. Initial impressions are they are really really good but inneficient. Although now i am thinking should i have gone with the open one, also even though i dont want to buy but would want to listen to the closed one as well. :p

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back