Fountain Pen enthusiasts...Raise your stained fingers :-)

Lizard King

Title says it all...
I'm a fountain pen enthusiast. I have many, some are "high end", write with them daily.
Barring the rough and tumble of college days and early career, I have always had a fountain pen in my drawer.
I'm sure there are many others with stained existence like me.
Please make your mark. Share your models. Post photos. Give advice.

Thanks lot for creating this thread!
I was a Fountain Pen Enthusiast, 7 - 8 years ago...
Montblanc was one of the premium I owned, but my daily drivers were waterman, Lamy, Schaeffer, Parker etc. Even had few from Deccan Pens Hyderabad, Few Good ones from China as well. I had a taste for exotic inks and had many inks in collection. The Harley Davidson Edition or Ferrari edition were in the collection too.

Ultimately the busy schedule and kids ; kind of made it cumbersome to continue with the hobby. Schaeffer still continues to be my daily driver but moved to Jotter Refills in view of convenience. I should still be having few fountain pens, but I have donated most of the exotic stuff as far as I remember. Well yes, fountain pens are a different universe altogether.

For a long time i have been one but gave away many away now. still have one each of a Mont Blanc, Shaeffer, Lamy, Waterman , Cross, Parker....prefer the relatively cheaper cross the most but been some time they have been in the closet ! had quite a few inks as well and favour the deep aquamarine. to the extent that I used to inject it into the Cross and MB cartridges

I still use a fountain pen and have stocked myself with 1 litre ink bottle so that I never run out as long as I live. Still using a shaeffer from 2000.

Fountain pens were a mild antidote for my proclivity towards griffonage. Sadly I have never used expensive , exotic ones though. My thing was a locally available brand called Flame. One could lose it all the time.

Fountain pens were a mild antidote for my proclivity towards griffonage. Sadly I have never used expensive , exotic ones though. My thing was a locally available brand called Flame. One could lose it all the time.
ha ha seeing this verbiage after a long time..my handwriting has very often been described as such despite my best efforts, as my futile attempts at dancing has been referred as baltering :p

Thanks for bringing up good memories of ink pens:D. It use to be a whole load of unbranded pens & later" Hero" which stuck for a long time in school. I liked the transparent ink holder of Hero which showed the ink level. Later used sheaffer in college for a year before changing to Reynolds ball point pen as the former couldn't keep up the speed.

Of the various pens I have owned, incl Pilot (which would slide to 2/3 size!), Hero, President and others, I found the Parker 61 most unique. It had a self filling capillary system wherein you had to dip the pen (nib outwards) into the ink bottle. After some time the ink would be filled. Anyone who can throw more light on this pen? Thanks.

Have used a many over the years.
I prefer Japanese brands compared to the European ones.
Pilot Falcon is my favorite.

proclivity towards griffonage
Wow....you truly have a flair to choose the most crystalline words for conveyance of your thoughts/experiences

Hero was my favorite till my college days which helped in good handwriting aswell. Once I switched to ball pount pen and subsequently to keyboards all was lost.

I am a big fountain pen buff right from my childhood. I still continue to pursue it as a passion. During younger days it was Hero, Pilot (used to be made in India), Misak and occasional Parker. Later on collected different brands. Shaeffer, Lamy, Montnlanc, Sailor, Waterman etc. I have preserved all my pens right from my school days.

Even today (other than WFH period) I would carry a pen with me and do all my writing with a fountain pen. My favourite ink is Montblanc black.

Funnily enough, my son is a college going student and writes all his exams with a fountain pen. He uses couple of brightly coloured Lamys.

Thanks for this thread. Brought back a lot of nostalgic moments.

Cheers.

I am a big fountain pen buff right from my childhood. I still continue to pursue it as a passion. During younger days it was Hero, Pilot (used to be made in India), Misak and occasional Parker. Later on collected different brands. Shaeffer, Lamy, Montnlanc, Sailor, Waterman etc. I have preserved all my pens right from my school days.

Even today (other than WFH period) I would carry a pen with me and do all my writing with a fountain pen. My favourite ink is Montblanc black.

Funnily enough, my son is a college going student and writes all his exams with a fountain pen. He uses couple of brightly coloured Lamys.

Thanks for this thread. Brought back a lot of nostalgic moments.

Cheers.
Cheers, like father like son. I am sure the lamy is adding value to him to write his exams with it. I used to write exams with ink pens too. For me I would be able to write more legibly and was less tiring.

I used fountain pens in school, college and still do to this day.

Happy me

Manek

Used a fountain pen till 10th class; it was mandatory.
Hero, was my choice. I think it is still at my parents place.
Kept it as a memoir of board exams.

My dad was a collector. I have seen Parkers, Shaeffers, Montblancs, Cross in his collection.
One of them was really fancy; pump action and fat. Never allowed to use them though.

The came Reynolds (the tape winder gizmo), and others, and the keyboard.
Now I don't think even a pharmacist will understand what I doodle.
I definitely can't :D

Cheers,
Raghu

Last edited:
Still packed in some box should be few oblique pens + copperplate nibs, few pilot parallel pens, few nos of parkers (from early 90s) . somewhere down the years during 2000s, Sheaffer ,Cross and Montblanc changed hands and what is left is waterman .

I was more into Pencils , charcoal and kneading erasures + calligraphy .

A boring two hour layover at Bangalore airport led me to a pen store many year back and ended up picking a Sheaffer and got hooked on with the colour, weight & flow. Too bad I lost it an year later so ordered one online. Sadly it wasn't the metal pen but a plastic one. I missed the earlier brass pen and it's weight so much that I didn't like to hold it even. Lost that too. I bought the same model that I got hooked on to when I walked past the same store at Bangalore airport. Holding onto it dearly.

luv pens.. not just fountain type but never had a chance to own any exotics or trend of the day pen.
But I chose Sheaffer Slovakia ball pen as a gift when my wife gave me a chance to choose.

Pen.jpeg

After keyboard I am like "what is that..strange looking thing"...lol

you lazy butts... please post pics.. lame thread without p**n :(

Last edited:
Only God knows how many of those I ruined during my school days. Google search directed me to these nostalgic pictures. :)
WingSung233Group-4-2.jpg

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back