From Mumbai on DIY 5.1 channel system mission

devilsown

Hey all,

Manas from Mumbai here. Was referred this forum from another gaming centric forum.

Am a n00b when it comes to the intricasies of Sound systems.. but thats never stopped me earlier.

basically more of reading here as i setup my system over the next couple of months.

here's a heads up on what i have in mind

a. Budget and Target

a 5.1 channel system; built up at around 50k

b. Listening tastes / Sys reqmts

in order of what will be the system used for:
- Gaming on PS3 and X360 - bullets whizzing by; an alien creeping from behind
- Movies - Its all about the dialogues honey ;) .. and refer to gaming above
- Music - Classic Rock - nothing else matters, you know.

c. Listening area
Did i say i am from Mumbai? so you know... well my sitting room, where the system shall be housed, is about 10'*20' ; marble flooring. its not a closed room though as the area where the TV is opens into the dining room. There will be some sound loss there.

d. Systems already selected
None. Zilch.

e. Where do you Live

Mumbai. though i keep travelling to Delhi and B'lore so can get stuff from there too

---------------------

initially i am planning to learn as much as i can about everything about setting up a system.. and then scrounge around for the best components.

Hi Manas. Welcome to the forum. When are you planning to start the 5.1 system project?? It will be very interesting and helpful if the DIY process is posted here. Best of Luck friend :).

Hi Manas. Welcome to the forum. When are you planning to start the 5.1 system project?? It will be very interesting and helpful if the DIY process is posted here. Best of Luck friend :).

planning to start towards the end of this month. post the diwali spends.

shall make a seperate thread for my DIY project. thanks..

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back