Front Channels - Pioneer SP-BS22-LR Vs Dali Zensor 1

Which of the follwing speakers will perfrom better as front L/R channel speakers?

• Total voters

nipunkx

Friends,

Can you please suggest me which one of the following speakers will best fit as front L\R channels in my 5.1 set up.
  • Pioneer SP-BS22-LR
  • Dali Zensor 1

I got the following details from net:
speakers.jpg

My main usage is to watch movies and the speakers will be connected to AVR.
Also, will Pioneer VSX 524 or Denon 500 like entry level AVRs be able to drive these speakers?

Last edited:
The MX2 has better Dynamic range , more refined Bass, larger Soundstage and the sound produces a large picture. Serious bookshelfs. The tonal quality is rich and forgiving to bad recordings.

The MX2 has better Dynamic range , more refined Bass, larger Soundstage and the sound produces a large picture. Serious bookshelfs. The tonal quality is rich and forgiving to bad recordings.

Thanks for your suggestion. Are these available in India? Could not see any online...so I guess it will be hard to get one to audition. Also, what's its price range?

I had mission MX1 and one aspect that I found was that the performance varies greatly with the paired Amplifier.

When I used with my Marantz PM6004 , it was nowhere near Elac B5 but when I paired it with my Vintage Pioneer , It opened up and was comparable with the Elacs. I was surprised to see such a good performance from the Missions.

So all of the Speakers are good but on a pure VFM aspect - Pioneer BS22 are unbeatable.

But at 20 K range, I think Elac B5 are superior to all the others including Wharf 220s.

I had mission MX1 and one aspect that I found was that the performance varies greatly with the paired Amplifier.

When I used with my Marantz PM6004 , it was nowhere near Elac B5 but when I paired it with my Vintage Pioneer , It opened up and was comparable with the Elacs. I was surprised to see such a good performance from the Missions.

So all of the Speakers are good but on a pure VFM aspect - Pioneer BS22 are unbeatable.

But at 20 K range, I think Elac B5 are superior to all the others including Wharf 220s.

Thanks Zelda for your valuable inputs. Can Elac B5 be paired with any entry level AVRs like Pioneer VSX 524 or Denon 500? How does it sound when watching movies?

Thanks Zelda for your valuable inputs. Can Elac B5 be paired with any entry level AVRs like Pioneer VSX 524 or Denon 500? How does it sound when watching movies?

The B6 are slightly better than the B5 in my opinion. I have paired my B6 with a Marantz receiver rated at 50w 8 Ohm. They perform well, however, a slightly more powerful amp could do better I feel. I am yet to try that though.

Out of the options you have posted, I would pick the Dali Z1.

MaSh

yes. I found B5 to be good with all my amps. B6 even better if you ask me and can reveal the true nature of the Amp.

I am using B6 as me reference speakers.

Thanks for your suggestion. Are these available in India? Could not see any online...so I guess it will be hard to get one to audition. Also, what's its price range?

They the MX2 are available for auditions with Savoy the distributor's in Mumbai IMO. I have the bigger Mission MX5 and I chose them over B&W 684/Dali Zenzor7/Paradigm.Monitor 11v6. As sound is subjective do try for a demo.

Friends,

Can you please suggest me which one of the following speakers will best fit as front L\R channels in my 5.1 set up.
  • Pioneer SP-BS22-LR
  • Dali Zensor 1

I got the following details from net:
View attachment 20775

My main usage is to watch movies and the speakers will be connected to AVR.
Also, will Pioneer VSX 524 or Denon 500 like entry level AVRs be able to drive these speakers?

No problem .I have used Denon X 500 to drive Zensor 5 then why not Zensor1?

One more thing my amp sounds superb with Dali Zensor 7 and the combo Denon PMA1500/10/20 with Zensor 7 received an award for being the Best Buy combination among systems costing over Rs 5 lacs in a group test in AV max but when connected to the Mission MX5 the Zensor 7 just paled in to oblivion. The MX 5 is in a different league provided you give it a proper high current integrated or a power amp, so is the MX2.

Guys,
Suggest me an excellent speakers to my denon x1200(80w at 8omhs ). In my mind
Elac b5
Pioneer SP-BS22-LR
Dali Zensor 1
Poineer sppk52fs (Floor standing) cause of my budget limit i selected these speakers.

Before i used boston a 25 and boston soundware xs 5.1 for 7.1 setup. And one more... when we go to upgrade we will think more sound quality than previous setup... am i right guys? Now i am using denon x1200 later i can change it to marantz so speakers should be useful to any receiver ok. Finally how taga hormany 606 se works for me? could you please suggest me due to budget constraint as well as quality.
Thanks in advance

rammy

Since there is some interesting comparison going on, is Dali 1 better than elac b6 as Dali is still costlier than elac b6

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Apologies, I found the answer to my question elsewhere on this forum. It looks like z1 still slightly ahead compared to elac b6. But in the end individual preference is the boss.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

No problem .I have used Denon X 500 to drive Zensor 5 then why not Zensor1?
Hi Rajith,
Thanks for your valuable suggestion. Glad to know that Denon X 500 was able to handle Zensor 5.
I have one more doubt, if we upgrade the AVR. like from Denon X 500 to Denon AVR-X1200W, will there be any performance upgrade from the same speakers also?

Hi Rajith,
Thanks for your valuable suggestion. Glad to know that Denon X 500 was able to handle Zensor 5.
I have one more doubt, if we upgrade the AVR. like from Denon X 500 to Denon AVR-X1200W, will there be any performance upgrade from the same speakers also?

To answer your question ,now I'm using X2200w for the past 6 months to drive my zensor speakers . The difference is due to audyssey speaker calibration ,the sounds are more accurate than X500.
But there is no notable difference in power.
So if you upgrade to x1200w (it has also have audyssey calibration feature)it will have advantage over x500.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back