Full range speaker thread.. dedicated post on frequency response and imaging of full range speakers

If a driver cannot play fast paced music, there’s a fundamental flaw.

I can understand drivers having limited extension and not being able to play low. But if it cannot keep up speed with the music being played it’s a complete no no for me
For the drivers to be fast they need to have high compliance motor system close to over 1mm/N imo. Drivers with low compliane less than 0.5mm/N cannot respond well to pace due to high stiffness of the cone.

For the drivers to be fast they need to have high compliance motor system close to over 1mm/N imo. Drivers with low compliane less than 0.5mm/N cannot respond well to pace due to high stiffness of the cone.
One more learning for me :)
Thanks a lot Hari ....!!!

If you’re happy, that’s what matters :)

Ooh... yes... I'm quite happy, considering their price. I'm using Sk12Frx as my centerchannel for now. I didn't do a well calculated design. I just mounted it to a baffle. (Like OB) Thanks to @yogibear for guiding me with basic dimensions, and importantly about acoustic off-center.

Mostly i watch action movies, so I'm not expecting as much refinement as we need in stereo. Its doing an awesome job for vocals.

So i made a center channel for 2k !!!!
Unimaginable for me a few months back !!!!

I didn't use expensive stuff, but i used center channels in the range of 15 to 20k. And this one doing a better job than them @2k :D

Intstruement sepration is something they should rather excel at. I suspect it’s not the driver problem. Try playing them through tube. You will be shocked.
I agree...I shouldn't blame the driver alone !!!
I have to check them with better electronics too. Thanks for pointing this ....

Intstruement sepration is something they should rather excel at. I suspect it’s not the driver problem. Try playing them through tube. You will be shocked.
I haven't seen such a distinct separation earlier. I was so damn happy !!

However I haven't seen that magic with demanding fast beat music. I have to explore further with different dac etc.

Nosortf, the Rethm Saadhanas are as good if not better than Voxativ Ampeggio. In fact Voxativ too has now gone the Rethm way and has a built in sub

The Rethms are absolutely world class speakers.

One more learning for me :)
Thanks a lot Hari ....!!!
Light weight papercone having MMS less than 5 GM are ideal candidates. Also the surround material, the spider material the voice coil former on which the voice coil is wound, the wire guage used for winding coil, the number of turns in the voice coil, the number of layers of winding, the glue used for sticking the voice coil, cone and the spider all are very crucial to decide the suspension compliance. Only few manufactures of high end products can get it right imo

Nosortf, the Rethm Saadhanas are as good if not better than Voxativ Ampeggio. In fact Voxativ too has now gone the Rethm way and has a built in sub

The Rethms are absolutely world class speakers.

I agree that the Rethms are great. But the Voxactiv flagship is the best full ranger I have heard.

Hari is right.
Light cone with powerful motor will give fast response. Example vintage Klangfilms, Philips, altecs....
I always like to hear Ilayaraja, RD Burman, Bappi Lahari on my Sabas and Dean Martin, Jim reeves, Julie London on 15" Tannoy MGs.

Regards

I was not sure if the thread allowed full rangers with assisted bass in the topic, like the Rethms. The Voxactiv Ampeggio Due are single driver.
If you are considering assisted full rangers, then there is a loudspeaker that will totally outshine the rest.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back