• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Full range speaker thread.. dedicated post on frequency response and imaging of full range speakers

drgb

Hello everyone,
Sorry i could not update the thread as i have been travelling.
I lended my OBs to my nephew who has been utilising his off days on improving them.
Will post pictures and some videos when i get back!
Thanks and have a great day:)

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

sudhirbhosale

I would couple this Ahuja 12" FR with a helper woofer and experiment crossing anything from 250Hz down to 100Hz in real time room response and trust my ears.

No JBLs or any other setup would ever be needed for being musical !

When you add the helping woofer, the FR will sound warmer and if you cross it intelligently and biamp, you may have option of switching off the woofer anytime and just enjoy the FR.

I would do all above in OB setup, and run FR unfiltered.

OB bass if done right, its another experience to be felt.
Hi Yogibear
What is helping woofer. Want to learn more about it
Thanks

Kannan_madhu

How good it will sound if we add a Abuja as 15 x200 driver to the ahuja 12 inch full ranger . 12 inches running with out crossover and 15 inch woofer powered with a class d amp with lopass filter .

Most if the open baffle speakers i have seen are with huge front baffles but speakers like trio from pure audio project have comparatively smaller baffle . Do they tweak in cross to compensate small baffle?

yogibear

Hi Yogibear
What is helping woofer. Want to learn more about it
Thanks
For an Open Baffle, to do the low end duty below say 200Hz and down to 40 Hz of useable room response. I prefer and so far experienced in fact, active amplified only. Am no good with passive crossovers. Unless you have a large and capable full range driver, a woofer is always great to do the low end duty. It becomes a 2 way OB setup.

SPONSORED ADS