Getting HD audio

VRavichandar

I'm using a ~7 year old Vaio laptop connected to my Denon X1200W through HDMI as my media player. Denon is connected to my Panasonic TV through HDMI (ARC). Vaio is on W10 professional. The processor is Intel Core2 Duo Processor P8700 (2.53 GHz). The motherboard is Mobile Intel GM45 Express Chipset. It has a NVIDIA GeForce G210M graphics processing unit (GPU) with 256MB GDDR3 RAM. Driver update shows it has latest drivers.

I'm using MPC-HC for playback of media. LAV filter is set to bitstream. While Dolby or DTS play fine, cant get Dolby TruHD /Atmos/ DTS HDMA outputs.

If the same files are played through the same setup from a different laptop with i5 processor and Nvidia 820M card get Atmos etc.

Checking the HDMI out's properties -> supported formats does not list any HD audio. Can some one knowledgeable about this clarify if it is a problem due to the older system/graphics card? Does this support HD audio? Am I missing something?

Last edited:
I'm using a ~7 year old Vaio laptop connected to my Denon X1200W through HDMI as my media player. Denon is connected to my Panasonic TV through HDMI (ARC). Vaio is on W10 professional. The processor is Intel Core2 Duo Processor P8700 (2.53 GHz). The motherboard is Mobile Intel GM45 Express Chipset. It has a NVIDIA GeForce G210M graphics processing unit (GPU) with 256MB GDDR3 RAM. Driver update shows it has latest drivers.

I'm using MPC-HC for playback of media. LAV filter is set to bitstream. While Dolby or DTS play fine, cant get Dolby TruHD /Atmos/ DTS HDMA outputs.

If the same files are played through the same setup from a different laptop with i5 processor and Nvidia 820M card get Atmos etc.

Checking the HDMI out's properties -> supported formats does not list any HD audio. Can some one knowledgeable about this clarify if it is a problem due to the older system/graphics card? Does this support HD audio? Am I missing something?

AFAIK, GT 610 or higher is needed for DTS HD MA.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back