Getting lossless HD-audio(5.1analoge) out on HTPC

thanks, i have kingkong bd, let me try this

Edit: oh you said dd+, not hd audio so looks like only pdvd is the solution

now mpc dolby/dts issue resolved with ffd audio decoder, but i prefer vlc for as the default player,

Last edited:
thanks, i have kingkong bd, let me try this

Edit: oh you said dd+, not hd audio so looks like only pdvd is the solution

now mpc dolby/dts issue resolved with ffd audio decoder, but i prefer vlc for as the default player,

DD+ & DD-true HD too-
VideoLAN - VLC - Features

Still no DTS-HD support.So I guess when I play Kingkong BD,I get standard audio as this BD has DTS-HD master audio.
MPCHC has inbuilt DD/DTS decoders & does well job.When you think of HD audio,you need ffdshow.
VLC is best as its light,fast & I have configed PC remote & can adjust hotkeys of my choice.

i played with ffd decoder to get doby 5.1 displayed, but now no output from rear speakers, when use the test button in playback, i click on rear but sound comes from front speakers.
uninstalled everything related to mpc hc but didnt work

google found someone else with same issue , but no solution. it was working fine till i played with mpc, looks like i have uninstall and reinstall 5850 drivers
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/31480-hd5850-hdmi-issues.html

Last edited:
You can set ffdfilter properly(if not bitstreaming),set as 5.1(even with sound device in PC.
Chances are that there is no rear effect in the same scene as you can see 5.1.

there is no rear effect in the same scene as you can see 5.1.

i meant the speaker config in windows, with test button to check individual speaker working or not. clicking on rear l-r speakers produce sound from front

this started after adding ffd as external filter. now uninstalled mpc hc , ffd and klite but still the same. i will try uninstalling the hd5850 drivers tmrw

Are talking abt checking sound via HDMI?What is the AVR connection?
Analoge settings are different than HDMI.

it is there in avr but why suddenly the error config option , click rear sound comes from front

Remove klite codecs & install seperate ffd,Haali media splitter for different formats.
Install Reclock too to find out if your MP is outputting 5.1 or not.
Can you post yout ffd setting page image?

i got a powerddvd 11 from a friend to try it . there is no hd audio option appearing in audio settings.only can get pcm or dolby/dts, the 3rd hd audio option is missing,
installed latest ati catlyst and drivers didnt work then installed realtek hd audio drivers for ati,

for edid

used moninfo to create inf files and installed for the dvdo edge which is connected in between pc and display

tried connecting without the edge dvdo directly to onkyo 3300, did the moninfo edid overide for onkyo as well still no 3rd option for hd audio

default playback device is ati hdmi with realtek drivers and the motherborad realtek is also enabled( tried disabling but no change)

Check this way-
1st ATI drivers
2nd Realtek HDMI drivers for ATI
3rd Select HDMI as default audio device.
4th Sart PDVD to set audio-speaker environment as HDMI & below that in output window you should see Bitstream option & LPCM/PCM decoded by PDVD

Now I think you need to turn Onkyo on 1st,then HTPC so that PDVD will detect it.In my case I have connected HDMI directly to LCD(as dont have HD-AVR).
If you get output option as BITSTREAM in PDVD,everything is set correctly.:)

i tried , the option to get hd audio in pdvd is 'Non-Decoded High-Definition Audio to External Device' but this wont come whatever i do

with my bdp-s370 onkyo dont have any isssue with dts hd ma, so onkyo is setup correctly. cannot see the 3rd option in pdvd for hd audio. looks like i am stuck with dolb/ dts only for region A discs

Attachments

• pdvd2.jpg
    pdvd2.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 48
  • pdvd1.jpg
    pdvd1.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 47
  • pdvd3.jpg
    pdvd3.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Its really surprising.There is another way of trying.
Run anyDVD HD before you start PDVD to remove protection.
Is HDMI cable 1.3?

with my bdp-s370 onkyo dont have any isssue with dts hd ma, so onkyo is setup correctly. cannot see the 3rd option in pdvd for hd audio. looks like i am stuck with dolb/ dts only for region A discs
Your EDID is wrong. You won't be able to bistream HD audio. You have 6 channel LPCM SAD.
You will have to correct that.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back