Getting lossless HD-audio(5.1analoge) out on HTPC

Your EDID is wrong. You won't be able to bistream HD audio. You have 6 channel LPCM SAD.
You will have to correct that.

as per the avs thread i used moninfo to capture edid and created , installed the overide inf.

as per the avs thread i used moninfo to capture edid and created , installed the overide inf.

Did you correct the 6-channel LPCM SAD in the EDID after you captured it using moninfo?
Looks like you just captured the EDID, created the inf and installed it......without modifying it.

how to correct it, and what is the correction needed

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1227161

this instruction said capture and install so i did just that
I guessed so. What you have done is reinstalled the same EDID :)
Moninfo captured the original EDID, you created an inf out of it and installed it again. It says EDID override because you installed an EDID on top of the default EDID......even though both of them were identical.

The editing part is not easy.......not how to edit it, but what to edit. You have to do some homework on EDIDs, Hex numbers , etc to be able to modify it correctly. That's why OP skipped that part in the instructions in the other forum.

Upload the real time EDID here, I will modify it for you.

thanks on the rocks, here is the hex and bin files in zip folder

Attachments

• New folder (2).zip
    865 bytes · Views: 3
This EDID is of DVDO EDGE video processor. Do you use it in between the HTPC & Reciever?

Anyways I have corrected the EDID (there were two errors). You can try installing this.
For everything to be in right order you will have to mention the devices and the connection chain.

Attachments

• NEW_EDID.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 4
the chain is htpc-dvdo edge-onkyo-3300-samsung c550 plasma, all connected with hdmi

i installed your file but it is still the same

Last edited:
i installed your file but it is still the same
I think you have Win7.....right?
Uninstall any codecs/filters.
Uninstall Realtek HDMI driver (if installed)
Uninstall & Reinstall ATI catalyst (if possible with the latest version). Make sure when you install it should show ATI HDMI driver in the list of things to be installed.

Download the latest build of MPC-HC from here Media Player Classic Home Cinema (x86/x64) - XvidVideo.RU
Install it.

Download LAV filter from here http://files.1f0.de/lavf/LAVFilters-0.28.exe\
Install it. Leave every option as what is default when you install.

Open MPC-HC.
Goto View-->Options-->External Filters
Click "Add Filter"
Select "LAV Audio Decoder". Click OK. Select "Prefer".
Next again
Click "Add Filter"
Select "LAV Splitter". Click OK. Select "Prefer".
Double Click "LAV Audio Decoder" in the Options window
Set the options as shown below
capture13052011141033.png

Click Apply and OK.

Double Click "LAV Splitter"
Set the options as shown below
capture13052011181349.png

Click Apply and OK.

Click Apply and OK in MPC-HC.

Play some file with HD Audio in MPC-HC (You can also try downloading some test HD audio files from this site High Definition Trailers (HD) - Demo World). It should bitstream it to HT-S3300.

If it still doesn't work remove DVDO EDGE from the chain and then
play some file with HD Audio in MPC-HC. It should bitstream it to HT-S3300.

i had tried before everything above except the lav filter part(including removing edge), will try again exactly same as your above post, many thanks for the patience

Update: It worked:yahoo::yahoo: now i see the big bold letters DTS-HD- MSTR in onkyo screen for the first time when using my pc. for playing blurays i go to the stream folder and take the biggest file
Didnt work for dolby true hd though, when i try to play dolby truhd clip , onky0 display kept oscillating and there was no sound

signal chain intact as before only reinstalled ati, reinstalled mpc latest version and the real change " Lav filters",

Thanks again on the rocks, you rock:signthankspin::signthankspin:

Last edited:
Congrats borg,It worked finally for you.
Now you must be a very Happy Man today.
Thanks ontherocks for valuable inputs.It only mattered a filter to decode & it worked.

thanks spirovious, we spend too much time fixing powerdvd for nothing
mpc with lav is the easy solution, now only need to fix dolb tru hd,

Update: It worked:yahoo::yahoo: now i see the big bold letters DTS-HD- MSTR in onkyo screen for the first time when using my pc. for playing blurays i go to the stream folder and take the biggest file

signal chain intact as before only reinstalled ati, reinstalled mpc latest version

Thanks again on the rocks, you rock:signthankspin::signthankspin:
Glad that it worked for you. As I had mentioned earlier, this setup is guaranteed to bitstream HD audio.
Didnt work for dolby true hd though, when i try to play dolby truhd clip , onky0 display kept oscillating and there was no sound
That's strange. Lets do some more "debugging" :)

and the real change " Lav filters",

It only mattered a filter to decode & it worked.
The real change is Correct EDID (not LAV filter). There are various other options to bitsream (ffsdhow, other players, etc) that will do the work like LAV filter (LAV filter is the easiest).
But if you don't have the correct EDID nothing will work.
You can try going back to the default EDID, you can beat yourself to death, still you won't be able to get bitstreaming of HD audio to work.

to verify that i had gone back to old monitor driver,restarted pc now it is generic pnp monitor , instead of edge dvdo override, but i can still see DTS HD MSTR AUDIO,

Last edited:
to verify that i had gone back to old monitor driver,restarted pc now it is generic pnp monitor , instead of edge dvdo override, but i can still see DTS HD MSTR AUDIO,

Hmm...if its true what you have mentioned, then that's excellent news.
Did you also select "Delete the driver software for this device" while uninstalling the override? Do you have Win 7 Sp1?

Now that you are with the default driver, do a couple of things:
1. Remove DVDO EDGE from the chain and check if you can bitstream HD audio.
2. Post a screenshot of the HDMI Audio properties window, with DVDO EGDE and without DVDO EDGE, like this one

capture28012011215647.png

I never faced problem & so didnt work much on EDID.
this is welcome that MPCHC can directly play BDs with open DVD option.Earlier version used to fail.

@ontherocks after doing every thing wat u have mentioned i am still not getting true HD dolby sound only thing changed is that now i am getting dolby D or DTS (in red color) for blue ray video format and mkv video formate
i am using onboard gpu+sound via onboard HDMI (mother board DH67BL and I5 2500k processor) driver is same wat i got with my motherboard i.e intel HD audio and video driver

@ontherocks after doing every thing wat u have mentioned i am still not getting true HD dolby sound only thing changed is that now i am getting dolby D or DTS (in red color) for blue ray video format and mkv video formate

Now I have mentioned the analog way to get 5.1audio out from PC & not via HDMI.You can easily get HD-audio out via HDMI if you use PowerDVD11 or MPCHc with lav filters.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back