Getting lossless HD-audio(5.1analoge) out on HTPC

Now I have mentioned the analog way to get 5.1audio out from PC & not via HDMI.You can easily get HD-audio out via HDMI if you use PowerDVD11 or MPCHc with lav filters.

how can i get Dolby True Hd and DTS True Hd quality. as u mentioned right nw i am using MPCHC and powerdvd 11 with LAV (with proper setting mentioned earlier in this thread ) but even for 1080p and 720p bluray format i am only getting either DD or DTS :sad:

how can i get Dolby True Hd and DTS True Hd quality. as u mentioned right nw i am using MPCHC and powerdvd 11 with LAV (with proper setting mentioned earlier in this thread ) but even for 1080p and 720p bluray format i am only getting either DD or DTS :sad:

When you open LAV setting,you should select Bitstream option & select all the formats.If you have original Blurays,then use powerDVD11,there you should get option in audio as Bitstream.

Make sure your all devices are HDCP & cable HDMI 1.3.
You can post a screenshot of your settings so that we can help you.

When you open LAV setting,you should select Bitstream option & select all the formats.If you have original Blurays,then use powerDVD11,there you should get option in audio as Bitstream.

after spending hell lotta time i have decided to uninstall every thing and start (coz i messed up every thing) from scratch here i am listing list of software (setup) and hardware kindly guide me accordingly

Hardware :-
speaker and amp - HT-S3300(B)
PC component - DH67BL motherboard with onboard HDMI out, I5 2500K processor,8 gb ddr3 1033 mhz

OS- win 7 64 bit

Software :-
MPCHC (both 64 n 32 bit)
powerdDVD 11
ffdshow , Lav Splitter , madVR ,Reclock ,AutoFrequency

What options do you get on powerDVD11 in audio output section?Can you see audio not decoded by PDVD?

after spending hell lotta time i have decided to uninstall every thing and start (coz i messed up every thing) from scratch here i am listing list of software (setup) and hardware kindly guide me accordingly

Hardware :-
speaker and amp - HT-S3300(B)
PC component - DH67BL motherboard with onboard HDMI out, I5 2500K processor,8 gb ddr3 1033 mhz

OS- win 7 64 bit

Software :-
MPCHC (both 64 n 32 bit)
powerdDVD 11
ffdshow , Lav Splitter , madVR ,Reclock ,AutoFrequency
It's not clear whether your motherboard supports HD audio bistreaming.
Find out if it does in the first place.
As far as software goes, do not install both 64bit & 32 bit MPC-HC. 32 bit is enough.
Getting success with MPC-HC + LAV filter is higher than powerDVD. So install it first. Do not install anything else for the time being like ffdshow , madVR ,Reclock ,AutoFrequency. First achieve HD audio bistreaming, then go for others. Post screenshots of the following
1. audio properties (Right click on the speaker icon --> Select "Playback devices")
2. Select HDMI from the above under "Playback" tab, then click Properties.

2.jpg
[/IMG]
As far as software goes, do not install both 64bit & 32 bit MPC-HC. 32 bit is enough.
Getting success with MPC-HC + LAV filter is higher than powerDVD. So install it first. Do not install anything else for the time being like ffdshow , madVR ,Reclock ,AutoFrequency. First achieve HD audio bistreaming, then go for others. Post screenshots of the following
1. audio properties (Right click on the speaker icon --> Select "Playback devices")

1.jpg

Uninstall all your media players, sound driver, HDMI driver etc. Then freshly install them. If that is not working then reinstall the OS.

in above two screeshot u can find my setting
kindly help me out

Last edited:
I have yamaha 863 connected to Optoma HD 20 with HTPC as source.When I tried with Shutter island BD disc which has DTS HD Master audio with PDVD 11( Audio output set as Non decoded high definition audio to external device and speaker enviorment as Use HDMI).While playing I am getting only DTS in bold as well as in small letters in Yamaha.How to get DTS HDMA as output.
Also while I play BDRip file which has DTS HDMA through MPC-HC with LAV filter I am getting DTS HDMA letters in small letters and STRIGHT in bold letters on Yamaha.Is it correct as I am not familiar with audio qualities when hearing physically.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back