Going to design my Home theater setup , need inputs ..

From monday , work for the HT setup will start. My reading table/PC table with book shelf is almost complete.

Anyway , today went to enquire about philips light , But it seems 6500k is a common one. Shop keeper was very very polite and showed me various options and general advice.

finally decided to buy light strips , ie one that are used for interior decoration in hotels . restaraunts . It comes in meters with a regulator or something. comes in three colors , one is slightly dim , in blue range , another is bright white , i think its too bright for to place it behind , and another one is golden yellow . there is no way to dim or do such things. But he gave an excellent idea to increase or decrease the strip length used so that the glow all over is increased or decreased accordingly.

Will purchase them along with inverter and other stuffs from them on monday.

Cooler Master fans 120mm arrived few days back.

By inserting a suitable resistance between the power supply and the strip of lights the light intensity can be reduced. You can use a variable resistance and adjust the brightness.

will ask my electrician , dont know whether it can be accomplished though .. .

Thanks for the advice baijuxavior

i think you are talking about led pipe lights. one easy way is to have 3 or 4 strips for each side (each length similar to the tv length) connected to separate switches (use remote controlled switch for convenience). Switch all strips for high intensity, 3 for slightly less and so on.

Recently I did the same for an interior project for the indirect lighting in the false ceiling. It works pretty well.

Great work. Keep us updated with new images.

updated the album with title and descriptions. Room isnt very big and the walls are not straight either. trying my possible to separate the power wires and other cables(lan)/speaker wires , dont have much room . will it very much affect if all the wires are close to each other ?

By tomorrow , wiring and switch boxes should be completed , that leaves just varnishing and finishing. Lastly wall mounting the TV and attaching light strips behind the TV.

My electrician have planned to put a circuit board for the 3 fans that are going for the shelf.

All these will be supplies by inverter , to be placed in the topmost shelves.

Tried to connect 16awg wires , but the spring clamps are little narrower , its just about biting , unlike with the factory wires , which used to go deep inside , is it ok ? or is there a method to use 16awg with spring clamp in a better way ?

Thanks a lot baijuxavior.

My current HTiB Specs

FbM5o.jpg

If at all i want to upgrade , and one which would be compatible with next higher model receiver , what could or should i upgrade ? Speaker wise .

currently mine is passive sub , so unless i upgrade my receiver (correct me if i am wrong) , i think i cant change the sub woofer.

I want a functioning upgrade , meaning , if i am to replace say , the center speaker with some other higher end center speaker , i want it to be functional , at the same time , future proof too.

In that manner , what can i change ? Members here advised me to start with a good AVR + two speakers (front) and keep adding speakers later , but i failed to take their advice few years back. :(

Even though not in the very near future , but i want to phase out this htib and have a good HT in combination

IMHO, you should try a step by step upgradation of speakers. AVR you can buy later with latest features of that time. You can use an active subwoofer by using the speaker level input.

Bought V-Gaurd DU 800 Plus sine wave inverter + Exide IT 500 , both come with pretty decent warranty of 4 years :)

Also bought paint for the room

imgur: the simple image sharer

The darker one goes for the side wall and lighter one on the top. Many advised not to use darker color for ceiling as it will darken the whole room. Wanted color to be neutral , hence selected them

Electrical work will hopefully start tomorrow along with wall mounting of the TV. Painting will take 2-3 days . hopefully should be completed by Friday.

Woow .. its already over a month the renovation work started.. :(

Delayed for such a long time. Almost 90% works over including painting , The 16G audio wire i got is kind of less , front speakers are about to be run with older 24G wires for time being. still UPS , TV wallmount and few electrical work pending. Will post images soon.

Today TV was wall mounted , The 16G speaker wire upgrade is really worth , imo , the sound is much clear . The FR and FL havent been connected with 16G , but with older 24G , and its clear the center,sub and surround , which is connected to 16G are very clear. ran out of length , so still need to buy another 5 mt of wire.

The TV wall mount is slightly high , whatever and however precautionary step we take , the end result keeps on varying .. :( , Need to call the carpenter the wall mount the main bracket to much lower position.

Will post some pics tomorrow.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back