good affordable speaker stands

dinyaar

Hi,

I have been looking for decent stands for my B&W 805 s for some time and was really surprised at the lack of options here in mumbai. Finally last week i managed to get a stand(FS 700) which is an exact replica of the B&W 700 series stand from audio vision at 8000/=. I believe they are made in china but the quality seems very good. Anyone wanting stands should check them out. They are solid, are sand/lead fillable, have spikes and are finished beautifully and at 1/3 rd the cost of the original.

Regards.

Hi Vijay,
Am sure all the dealers in bglore will offer u options. Here in mumbai there are suddenly too many options!!!! Sadly after the horse is bolted!!! I believe chinese stands are everywhere, exact copies of stands from the reputed brands at a fraction of the cost.
Regards

Hi,
AVI has some which are copies of the B&W 600,700,800 stands at about 8K per pair, Lakozy makes them to ur specifications and choice of materials for about the same amount and boomerang makes nice, sturdy metal stands(very solid but not the most aesthetically appealing) for 9K. Have not seen them myself but the audio people in chennai have some nice racks and stands though they are costlier.If u dont mind spending 30/40K then soundsmiths have the Dyna stands which are great.
Lastly its not too difficult or expensive to get them made by a decent fabricator.
Regards

Last edited:
Hi,
AVI has some which are copies of the B&W 600,700,800 stands at about 8K per pair, Lakozy makes them to ur specifications and choice of materials for about the same amount and boomerang makes nice, sturdy metal stands(very solid but not the most aesthetically appealing) for 9K. Have not seen them myself but the audio people in chennai have some nice racks and stands though they are costlier.If u dont mind spending 30/40K then soundsmiths have the Dyna stands which are great.
Lastly its not too difficult or expensive to get them made by a decent fabricator.
Regards

Where is AVI , Lakozy ? How do i contact them?

Hi again,
There is a guy in Mumbai Gratin Vaze @ +91 98209 49395 who makes an extremely solid/rigid/functional cast iron stand for very reasonable money. Finish is decent but the purpose is more than achieved.
Try them.

Hi
No these are made and sold in bbay only. Call Grattan and see if he is willing to ship to Delhi. They are really heavy so transporting will cost.
Rgds

Hi Dinyaar,
How heavy are these stands without the sand ? Overall quality? Finish ?
The really heavy ones which are custom made in Bangalore for hi-end bookshelf speakers cost around 15 to 20k

Hi Dinyaar,
How heavy are these stands without the sand ? Overall quality? Finish ?
The really heavy ones which are custom made in Bangalore for hi-end bookshelf speakers cost around 15 to 20k

Hi SW,
There are 3 different stands he had attempted. All three had a 6 inch diameter SS cylindrical hollow tube(to be sand filled) and the base and top plate varied between wood, SS and MS(painted)
From what i recollect Grattan had mentioned that each stand weighs about 14 kgs without any sand/lead etc.....
Basic look, good finish, very sturdy, adjustable spikes and easy assembly.
Problem was he could barely sell and probably lost interest.
If i didnt have stands then i would ONLY buy one of them. They are easily better than the B&W 600,700,800 stands in all aspects except aesthetics.
Rgds

The ones made by Murthy comes with an automotive paint finish and stainless steel spikes which pushes the cost up by some 6 / 7k.

7 / 8k is great pricing for a good quality / heavy stand. If one wants better finish, he can always get them painted at an automotive paint shop for some 4k.

Last edited:
oops posted in thread instead of PM
sorry
Mod pls delete

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back