Good co-axial cable

riddick100

Hi,

I need good coaxial cable for Onida to Onkyo AVR setup.

Cable should support decent Bass & clear Trebles.
Currently using local cable which is not truely Digital.

Price can be Rs.1000 to 1500

Shortlist-
Qed,DAC,Monster any other with good overall performance.

Try Bandridge, its a decent UK brand. Is available in Yamaha dealers/Staples.
Cost is around 300 bucks. Cost would depend upon length of cable.

Hi,

I need good coaxial cable for Onida to Onkyo AVR setup.

Cable should support decent Bass & clear Trebles.
Currently using local cable which is not truely Digital.

Price can be Rs.1000 to 1500

Shortlist-
Qed,DAC,Monster any other with good overall performance.

Hi riddick,

Firstly, only a coaxial cable or do you have the option of optical fiber digital cable? If optical is an option then consider Bandridge like sud98 said. They have an optical cable for Rs. 600 and its a bit louder than compared to my coaxial cable from Philips which cost me Rs. 900. Bandridge is certainly VFM.

Hi Moserw,

You too bought Phillips gold plated for rs 899:p. Me from Reliance Digital. Say what, my Mx optical for rs 300 sounded much better on FLAC files I hear thru ASUS XONAR HDAV 1.3.:eek:

Seriousl looking for the ELEcktron product from China or a PS3.

Hi Moserw,

You too bought Phillips gold plated for rs 899:p. Me from Reliance Digital. Say what, my Mx optical for rs 300 sounded much better on FLAC files I hear thru ASUS XONAR HDAV 1.3.:eek:

Seriousl looking for the ELEcktron product from China or a PS3.

Oh yeah. We all learn from experience I guess. I borrowed a Bandridge from a friend, the optical one and not coaxial. My coaxial cost Rs. 900 and his optical Rs. 600 and his optical was certainly louder playing same content from same source. I have not yet checked the Bandridge coaxial (I think its around Rs. 300), but I feel it might be on par at least with my Philips. Yeah, even I bought at Reliance and the guys there were hawking coaxial cables for Rs. 3500 or so. I went with Philips mainly for brand name and also since it was reasonable at Rs. 900 and my initial thinking was Bandridge since it was lower priced might not give good output.

BTW how is the ASUS XONAR HDAV 1.3. I am planning on getting it this weekend, mainly to output to my AVR.

Lots of issue man. First, if u do not have a asus card, then splendid chip is a unused value chipset. I'm not able to because I have a Quadro Fx 570.

Check this link in AVSFORUM and decide. The card is solid in sound department but TMT coupled is useless, maybe they'll fix.

Read this whole link(of course u must have but still)
I got ti at 11.5k(CTC) a month back but now a little higher I guess.

Since i do not have 5.1 connected to my yammy 663 i cannot really comment on the sound but stereo is good and HDmi lights up.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1065232&highlight=asus

Oh yeah. We all learn from experience I guess. I borrowed a Bandridge from a friend, the optical one and not coaxial. My coaxial cost Rs. 900 and his optical Rs. 600 and his optical was certainly louder playing same content from same source. I have not yet checked the Bandridge coaxial (I think its around Rs. 300), but I feel it might be on par at least with my Philips. Yeah, even I bought at Reliance and the guys there were hawking coaxial cables for Rs. 3500 or so. I went with Philips mainly for brand name and also since it was reasonable at Rs. 900 and my initial thinking was Bandridge since it was lower priced might not give good output.

BTW how is the ASUS XONAR HDAV 1.3. I am planning on getting it this weekend, mainly to output to my AVR.

Do you say Optical was better than coax?

Hi,

To tell you the truth not much to differentiate between the both of them. Only thing I can say for certain after playing the same content over the same DVD player with both connected at the same time and rapidly switching between both in my Onkyo AVR is that the optical was perceptibly louder than the coaxial. I only recommended the optical since it was cheaper at Rs. 600 compared to the coaxial at Rs. 900 with the same level of performance.

A couple of friends of mine though prefer and swear by coaxial especially over short distances and the optical scores over the coaxial only when the distance is more. I have checked a lot of reviews and really no definite winner between the both of them. Most say both perform the same over short distances and the optical scores only over large distances (how large/long no one mentions specifically), but in our HT setup the distance would be hardly 1-2 feet so I am sure nothing to decide between the both of them. Hence going by the VFM factor I recommended the Bandridge optical. I have heard the Bandridge coaxial costs about Rs. 300 but I have not used/tested it out so cannot say about/recommend it.

Although we can have a lot of debates over optical and coaxial (you can google to check the amount of time spent on forums on this :)).

The prime difference is that in optical cables there is no attenuation and hence recommended for large distances (typically over 50ft). For shorter distances, there should be no perceptible difference, both are carrying digital signals in any case.

The other factor is the amount of bends while connecting the source to the AVR, the optical cable is susceptible to bend ratios higher than the rated one, so if you have 90degree bends you are probably better off with coax.

Typically for a 1 metre cable of the same brand, coax will be cheaper than optical and you should not get a difference.

PS - The louder sounds you get on the optical may not be good as they maybe jitter and not part of the original source.

Hi spirovious, are you happy with Profigold 481 coaxial cable ? if yes than why didnt you suggested the same in this thread ?

Just for the information: Bandridge & Profigold are two different brands of one company only, Profigold is a premium brand (expensive)where as Bandridge is for the budget (low priced) conscious buyers !
Hope it clears

Good Luck
RB9

Hi spirovious, are you happy with Profigold 481 coaxial cable ? if yes than why didnt you suggested the same in this thread ?

Just for the information: Bandridge & Profigold are two different brands of one company only, Profigold is a premium brand (expensive)where as Bandridge is for the budget (low priced) conscious buyers !
Hope it clears

Good Luck
RB9

Yes I m satisfied,but I comment only on difference btn two digital cables.

Cables cannot introduce jitter.

optical cable is based on Toslink standards and always sound louder than coax but I agree with people who say coaxial is better than optical

It is more satisfying for me to think a solid copper wire that is shielded is carrying my signal than some led modulated light beam. If a choice exists I would choose coax anyday

If budget permits the DH Labs coaxial is very good. I think it is about $90.

Hope it clears

Good Luck
RB9

Im using the same cable for my dvd player and its grt vfm
Thanks

avoid Optical cables for audio. because the electrical-optical conversion process distorts the signal. IMO co-axial cables sound better.

DAC [Designer Audio] cables (both co-ax and optical)are available at Victor ,MgRoad if you are from bangalore...are VFM.

avoid Optical cables for audio. because the electrical-optical conversion process distorts the signal. IMO co-axial cables sound better.

DAC [Designer Audio] cables (both co-ax and optical)are available at Victor ,MgRoad if you are from bangalore...are VFM.

Hi,

Can some one please help me with the dealer contact for Co-axial cables in Chennai.

Thanks
Ramesh S

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back