Good installers in South Chennai?

Thanks Chid. I am new to Chennai and i don't know my way around the town yet :D
I read good review about speedfreaks. But, i couldn't get his time much probably because my budget is around 40k only.

40k is a decent budget you can get decent budget components for the front, 4 channel AMP to power the components and Subwoofer.

Power zone has got great reviews. Check out team-bhp.com.

If you are installing a basic setup i would highly recommend
CAR audio ZONE ,Royapettah.
http://www.caraudiozone.co.in/contactus.html
He has some good brands for basic setup. And he's very genuine and polite. I have installed my audio system for my previous car and was very happy with it and no issues at all.

If you are going for hi-end installation like installing AMPS/Subwoofers then,

I heard good reviews about Technokrat , Nungambakkam . You could try this too.

Sound Works, Royapettah also good for Hi-fi installation. But they charge more for labour.

Last edited:
Thanks Chid. I am new to Chennai and i don't know my way around the town yet :D
I read good review about speedfreaks. But, i couldn't get his time much probably because my budget is around 40k only.

So humble you are :p:p 40K is an nice budget for an mini home theatre, why not for an audio setup in car:p:p

So humble you are :p:p 40K is an nice budget for an mini home theatre, why not for an audio setup in car:p:p

Seriously..i thought car audio would be lot cheaper than a HT setup. Boy i was wrong :eek:
Sometimes i really feel bad that i took the audiophile route. When my relatives/friends say that my car has nice audio setup (crappy factory fitted for me), i just scratch my head and give them a sheepish smile.

Last edited:
I have had good luck at power zone as well. What car and what ICE are you looking at matbhuvi ?

I have had good luck at power zone as well. What car and what ICE are you looking at matbhuvi ?

It is swift Dzire. I am not sure whether i should buy the components and go for them for installation only or..buy and install in the same place.

Power Zone dont stock many brands, mostly one or two. you can do your shopping on GP road and take the things to him for install

The contact-us link above gives a map. The arrow looks as if it is in the middle of nowhere but, if you go to that junction, you will easily find an old-looking shopping complex called Indian Officer's association near to the newer shops on the corner. In fact, it looks almost abandoned, but if you venture inside you'll find that it isn't!

I've never been to Powerzone, but I know the area and recognise the address --- and came to this thread because it is is time my 4-yr-old Swift finally got something to listen to!
Sometimes i really feel bad that i took the audiophile route. When my relatives/friends say that my car has nice audio setup (crappy factory fitted for me), i just scratch my head and give them a sheepish smile.
I know what you mean. Cars do not make a good place for good sound. Easy enough to turn them into bass speakers on wheels, but something actually listenable is another matter. I'm afraid I'll be going entry level though: I don't spend enough time in the car to justify anything else.

Chid, edjamesx, thanks for the Powerzone recommendation and link :)

I know gp road , Where exactly is this place powerzone ?

Pardon the Mspaint work , check the attached map.

Go straight after express avenue into triplicane (GP road would be on your left) and take the first left. (Landmarks would be Raja tyres before the turn and one Amman temple opp the turn)

Take the 2nd left (IMO 3rd since there is one tiny alley before the 1st left also) and 4-5 shops down the road is powerzone, it will be hidden by a large flowering tree.

power zone.jpg

ICE Installation : Power Zone (Royapettah, Chennai) - Team-BHP

You could buy your stuff from Chandru Auto Stores, also on GP road & get it installed either from them or from Sarvanna thus getting best of both Worlds.

Chandru Auto Stores (GP Road)- ICE & Accessories - Team-BHP

Haresh's shop is a treasure trove of a wide range of original equipment at sensible prices.

EDIT : Just saw the last post is a month old :p
That's fine..Thanks for the inputs Khoj. I am waiting for my components to land in india :p. Install will be done in PowerZone.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back