What HT system for me, under 1L?

nsas02

Currently have a Sony HTIV300. It's almost 6 years old and I want to upgrade to something better. Can someone suggest me a good 5.1 system (AV + Speakers) under 1L? I don't mind getting a used speakers if I can buy it in person i.e. in Chennai. Contents will be 30% from OTT and the rest via Plex.
Suggestions are welcome pls.

Currently have a Sony HTIV300. It's almost 6 years old and I want to upgrade to something better. Can someone suggest me a good 5.1 system (AV + Speakers) under 1L? I don't mind getting a used speakers if I can buy it in person i.e. in Chennai. Contents will be 30% from OTT and the rest via Plex.
Check out the Onkyo HTS-5915. It’s a 5.1.2 system with AVR, speakers, cables included. A friend of mine got it for 1.1L recently

I would suggest to audition with local dealers the various available systems under 1 Lac and then decide. Audition with same content i.e Music files and Movie scenes so you understand the difference. What will sound good to my ears may sound bad to yours! It is definitely a step up from the current HTIB Sony system you have.

Once you finish auditioning various systems, then check FaceBook Market Place or OLX for used systems where you can possibly get a better system for less than the actual budget. According take a call. all the best!

I would suggest to audition with local dealers the various available systems under 1 Lac and then decide. Audition with same content i.e Music files and Movie scenes so you understand the difference. What will sound good to my ears may sound bad to yours! It is definitely a step up from the current HTIB Sony system you have.

Once you finish auditioning various systems, then check FaceBook Market Place or OLX for used systems where you can possibly get a better system for less than the actual budget. According take a call. all the best!
Right point, the issue is all I have are Croma, Reliance Digital etc kind of shops near me, they by default have a stupid sound-bar 5.1 setup. I already have Sony's HTIB. I want to try something different, something like kind of an upgrade. I'm literally not sure where I can audition these kind of AV Receivers with Speakers TBH.

IF you dont mind preowned gear, then better to look in the HFV classifieds. With patience, over a period of time you may get much more than your money's worth than a new system if you get components in good condition.

Since you are from Chennai you can visit his shop and audition many options.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back