Marantz 1509 stuck after update

deep_blues

My Marantz 1509 has stopped working after a recent update. Its just kind of hanging & I’m unable to reset / factory reset. Tried everything I could find on google search. Is there any suggestion what I can do or anyone in South Mumbai who can help me fix this? Thanks!

Why did you update the firmware BTW?
I didn’t & not sure if it happened automatically but it was not playing & was stuck on some network error loop. Now it comes on & I get a message saying setup on tv & then English shows on the display & it just freezes there.

My Marantz 1509 has stopped working after a recent update. Its just kind of hanging & I’m unable to reset / factory reset. Tried everything I could find on google search. Is there any suggestion what I can do or anyone in South Mumbai who can help me fix this? Thanks!

It seems to be bricked up on loop during software update. Check with MZ audio and see the cost to get it back on track, else best solution is to buy a pre owned AVR and sell this off as is.

Mine did the same thing. I had a Marantz 6013. Can't believe there is no way to reset the firmware ( downloaded online ) via USB and the only way is to send the avr to the guys who suggest to replace the hdmi board ( which is ridiculous )
Plain fraud. Never buying a Marantz again ever. This isn't the 1970s or 80s. We are talking about a technology in 2020s or 2010s. The user cannot download the fw off the net and update on his own.
Despite several mails to Marantz, they refuse to send the firmware and the service people are busy making money by changing the hdmi board.

Last edited:
Mine did the same thing. I had a Marantz 6013. Can't believe there is no way to reset the firmware ( downloaded online ) via USB and the only way is to send the avr to the guys who suggest to replace the hdmi board ( which is ridiculous )
Plain fraud. Never buying a Marantz again ever. This isn't the 1970s or 80s. We are talking about a technology in 2020s or 2010s. The user cannot download the fw off the net and update on his own.
Despite several mails to Marantz, they refuse to send the firmware and the service people are busy making money by changing the hdmi board.
Mind sharing what was quoted? Definitely sucks

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back