Good news from Acoustic Portrait. The Thiyaga is back! And more.

Naturelover

Staff member
This morning many of us have received a mail from Jeya of Acoustic Portrait.
Their lineup and their website have had a revamp. And the Thiyaga lineup is back with new products :D.
More products have also been added to the Swara range and so also to the speakers.
There is some music also on offer, though very limited. Hope more will follow.

Do visit https://acousticportrait.com

For me the highlights are the new Thiyaga V2SE DAC and the Monoblock amps.

It looks like the new DAC includes a volume control as well so can potentially eliminate a preamp if one wants to go in that direction. The monoblocks are a stout 300W so very interested in what that is going to sound like. It is really good to see them actively pushing new products in the market once again.

Acoustic Portrait is one of those Indian brands I would really like to succeed and do well.

For me the highlights are the new Thiyaga V2SE DAC and the Monoblock amps.

It looks like the new DAC includes a volume control as well so can potentially eliminate a preamp if one wants to go in that direction. The monoblocks are a stout 300W so very interested in what that is going to sound like. It is really good to see them actively pushing new products in the market once again.

Acoustic Portrait is one of those Indian brands I would really like to succeed and do well.
Yes, I just want them to do well. Loved the sound when I heard a few setups back in 2014 including yours, Nikhil. My, has it been that long?
Calls for a review or three, what say! Maybe you or @sidvee will oblige down the line.

I did wonder why there was no pre amp in the Thiyaga line. Maybe the volume control is the reason.
Very, very interesting new products, indeed.

Many moons ago i was fortunate to listen to Siva's personal rig, a 845 based amp. Quite simply one of the best neutral yet musical and dynamic valve setups I've heard in my life. Good to see Acoustic Portrait carrying on, they make quality stuff. Hope this new lineup of theirs is successful.

The dark horse is the music section! They have released these tracks in youtube but the preview parts of each songs are of such higher fidelity compared to youtube. I am wondering now how the CD would sound!!! They had CD as a format in the morning but without the drop down option to choose it. It looks like they have removed the CD format now. I am enquiring if CDs would be available. Let's hope that they publish the CDs as well! Must be a boon for the audio community. I have never bought Hi Res music and so cannot comment on the price but am waiting to take a call on buying Flacs if the CDs are not available.

I checked out the music section too. The youtube sound is not good. Might buy couple of tunes.

I checked out the music section too. The youtube sound is not good. Might buy couple of tunes.
They have given 60 sec preview of studio quality for each of the tracks if you scroll down the page. I shall give them a feedback that they should move the price below the preview so that people don't miss it. I missed it in the morning.

Does anyone have any experience with the thiyaga integrated?
FMs Nikhil and sidvee have had long listening sessions of the Thiyaga integrated paired with the MS-610 speakers.
(The review in the first post is by FM sidvee)

There are 3 key things that stood out at this new launch.
  1. Music. The recordings are fantastic. I have spent some time discussing some of the nuances involved with the people involved. The recordings are the best you can get for classical music in India. Minimal post processing to preserve the fidelity of the performance. Practices and gear are chosen keeping in mind ..“ sound quality foremost “.
  2. Kavi studio monitor. They do a home version. This thing is outstanding value for the price you pay. The price includes the entire solution of a 4 channel amp, active crossover and the speakers themselves. All you need to add is a preamp / dac. This is true 2 way active speaker system. The timing, transparency and phase coherence in that system needs to be heard to be believed.
  3. The new dac. This is big step up from the older dac.. A lot of effort has apparently gone in to leverage the possibilities of the sabre chipset. It is tubed too.
Wishing them all the best. The love for music and respect for musicians was what stood out the most at the recent meetup.

I got a chance to visit Acoustic Portrait over the weekend. Got a chance to hear the new DAC and compare it to the older one. Also got to hear some of their Indian Classical recordings. A few points:
- The new DAC is a big step up from the earlier iteration. I'm generally hesitant about Sabre DACs but this one didnt have any of the usual Sabre treble hash. Tonality, timing, coherence were all spot on. Worth a try if someone is considering a DAC in that price range.
- Heard the Swara preamp with one of their older design power amps (similar to the erstwhile CPA-2). The demo was with unfamiliar speakers so cant comment much. The thing that stood out was just how transparent the Swara preamp is - particularly given its a budget component.
- The listening room has seen a fair bit of room treatment since I last visited some years back. Its also used for recording and music performances now
- The recording quality of the music is excellent. Definitely worth checking out

I got a chance to visit Acoustic Portrait over the weekend. Got a chance to hear the new DAC and compare it to the older one. Also got to hear some of their Indian Classical recordings. A few points:
- The new DAC is a big step up from the earlier iteration. I'm generally hesitant about Sabre DACs but this one didnt have any of the usual Sabre treble hash. Tonality, timing, coherence were all spot on. Worth a try if someone is considering a DAC in that price range.
- Heard the Swara preamp with one of their older design power amps (similar to the erstwhile CPA-2). The demo was with unfamiliar speakers so cant comment much. The thing that stood out was just how transparent the Swara preamp is - particularly given its a budget component.
- The listening room has seen a fair bit of room treatment since I last visited some years back. Its also used for recording and music performances now
- The recording quality of the music is excellent. Definitely worth checking out
That appetizer has whetted the appetite :D
Awaiting the main course ;)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back