Google Play Movies solution needed. Have Minix Neo X8-H and Oneplus One phone

Lucky_Luke

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone could help me out with a solution for watching Google Play movies on my Samsung plasma 51H49000 TV.

I have Minix Neo X8-H connected to it. Audio is thru a Norge amplifier connected to Wharfedale 9.2 speakers.

I like Google Play movies because the service is affordable and the library is good enough for my tastes. Unfortunately, there are some hiccups in trying to get movies to play on my Samsung.

Issues with Minix Neo X8-H:
I cannot download HD movies to Minix. This device is not supported by Google Play. I can watch streaming movies though but its not HD quality. I tried using Chrome browser on Minix to watch the purchased/rented movies but haven't been successful so far. The movie fails to load, there's no error. Once i did see 'could not load license' while trying to play in Chrome (via YouTube>Purchases) but this error has not been seen again. My main requirement is being able to watch HD quality movies on Minix Neo X8-H

Issues with Oneplus One:
I can download HD movies from Google Play but cannot connect the Oneplus One to the TV. The phone doesn't support MHL. MHL doesn't display subtitles either, so that's another drawback. Oneplus One is capable of Miracast, however Google Play movies don't play while trying to watch on TV thru Miracast app on Minix Neo X8-H. Also, I'm not sure if Oneplus One supports AV out connections to the TV.

Is Chromecast a good option? Would it deliver HD content?

Google play did allow downloads on all devices earlier but of late, they have withdrawn the option and have limited it to certain devices only.

Would appreciate some guidance in this matter.

Thanks.

Chromecast sucks when it comes to HD ,I could never go beyond 480p and sold it within 10 days of purchase.If you have a laptop apart from this setup and have DLNA with WIfi on your TV see if you can open the content on Chrome..

Download the vget extension and stream it directly to the tv no need of wires or anything ...The TV can stream it directly via the URL if it is a smart tv..

Chromecast sucks when it comes to HD ,I could never go beyond 480p and sold it within 10 days of purchase.If you have a laptop apart from this setup and have DLNA with WIfi on your TV see if you can open the content on Chrome..

Download the vget extension and stream it directly to the tv no need of wires or anything ...The TV can stream it directly via the URL if it is a smart tv..

I tried opening the content in Chrome on Minix. It didn't open, not sure if it was due to poor internet speed or some other problem. My TV isn't a smart tv, Minix adds the smartness quotient to the set up with its ability to install apps.:)

I think chromecast is quite ok for its price. You can get HD content from Youtube, btw I havent tried Google Play movies. Further it can also be used to stream HD movies to TV from a local PC by installing Videostream and you can manage it on your phone/tab. I have an internet speed of 8mbps.

My Panasonic TV Youtube app (UT50) and Apple TV Youtube app both play Playstore movies in HD seemlessly. Not sure about Samsung TV though.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back