Got a pair of AR 2ax speakers- Help!

@Analogous , Gotcha. I have always felt that vintage audio products makes sense only if you are able to bring it back to the original technical specs. meaning, it has to electrically and mechanically work as per the original specifications. Is that even possible with a speaker in such a condition ?
Living in hope :)
The drivers (including the surrounds seem ok) the cabinet is surprisingly good for something this old and it has a very enjoyable tone. A good start so far

@Analogous , Gotcha. I have always felt that vintage audio products makes sense only if you are able to bring it back to the original technical specs. meaning, it has to electrically and mechanically work as per the original specifications. Is that even possible with a speaker in such a condition ?
I too was sceptical. Then I save this video Do have a look and see for yourself.

Just found this thread. The 2ax (along with a Garrard turntable and Fischer TX100 amplifier) were part of my first audio system. I won't say when but suffice it to say that dinosaurs roamed the earth then.
Any recollection of how they sounded?
The ones I got might possibly be yours from the Cretaceous era 😄

Any recollection of how they sounded?
The ones I got might possibly be yours from the Cretaceous era 😄
They were hand-me-downs from my aunt (who passed away in 2016 at age 98 - that gives you some idea of the era). I enjoyed them for four years (I was a teenager and in college) before moving on. For a dorm room, the system went plenty loud. The Fischer was 25W/8 ohms (30W/4ohms). If these were in my possession today, I would definitely attempt to restore them.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back