Got my Sony HT-M5 today! Here is the honest review from basshead!

How to get best bass out of your system

• Total voters

Yogesh Khadtare

Hello guys I got my new Sony HT-M5 5.2ch component home theater system today just seeing the reviews of the unit. Din got demo of this system before purchase as that wasn't available! I heard system just for 10mins as got it today only! People say we can't turn volume more than 40 but even around 50 playing songs like gucci mane, Lil Wayne, wiz Khalifa etc I wasn't at all surprised! Still needs lots of tuning as per my taste & for now as system is brand new I din place subs on floor yet! Soon will get it done. But after alot alot of demos & research I din found any home audio system which can throws lows below 70hz also! My car audio Pioneer TS-W 3002D4 champion PRO subwoofer throws windshield flexing lows even Below 30hz am looking for such bass in ma room! Anyways for mids & highs this system is fine with little Midbass! Now my Next upgrade will be oneone DJ amp & pair of car subwoofers with this setup! I know it's too much but I hope at least this will satisfy me! Another thing is I have purposefully kept this unit in small room to know it's performance but still I wasn't surprised! Would subs & main speakers on floor make huge difference? I will try it later. gimme the best settings if u got same unit. I got demos of Denon, Pioneer todoriki they were precise & accurate but when it came to bass nothing worked! I went for Sony HT-M5 just by reading reviews & on paper specs! Trust me these rms wattages are nothing compared to your car audio rms power! If u are of my kind get straight way customized setup as per your taste. Will let you people know upgrades in performance after all types of experimenting With system. I can't play with system day & night as it's not on the place I live. It's in my another house where I can go loud as much as I want! So keep patience for updates. Live loud!!!

Congrats for your purchase.

You will get boomy sound from your component system not crispy. But still it will give you punchy bass effect if you place both of your subwoofers below on the floor.

I dont have this system but I have reviewed this system so many times in both Trichy, Chennai and Hyderabad. Chennai and hyderabad centres didnt demo it properly. But in trichy I was testing all the scenarios, all the sound modes, customizations because I bought TV and Bluray player in the center.

Totally the setup was good and sound was also good compared to other brands and models.

If you want a very very deep low then you have to buy an active subwoofer like SVS. But still it will you enough bass and loudness.

Upgrade guys! Well to all Sony Hifi or HT users here is a note! Use Sony micro vault pen drive to play songs via pd! If u Will use pd of different brands it will make huge drop in performance! You can see in manual which pen drives are supported best to your system. Get the one if u wanna get more out of ur setup! Another thing about this Sony HT-M5 which disappointed me actually is the amp gets warm within minutes of banging! The previous version Sony HT-DDW5500 had separate amp for subs & grills for all speakers which was very impressive & reliable! This Sony HT-M5 has shiny glossy finish with open drivers & single amp powering everything which indeed makes me afraid of abusing the system! Overall great system except some points.

0e7517d37f61be96682c8027f93b3a28.jpg

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back