Got Sony KD-55X8200E

nivlacbot

Finally ~9 months after my faithful Panny Plasma left me and months of haggling, reading specs and running around.. let destiny pick my telly.

Got a B-Type (refurbished) unit for 70k including installation + cables.

What I like:
  • 55 inch 4K HDR
  • Runs Android
  • Bright - the Demo HDR + youtube 4k clips really shine. I manually reduced the backlight to minimum for normal viewing
  • Loud - this one has some lip on it. Box mentions some 4X4 speaker arrangement. Avr off unless I'm viewing quality content.
  • Upscaling - hotstar, youtube, USB all look great.
  • Motion - Watching sports on it all the time. Couldn't be happier - cant make out any issues.
  • Streaming - Netflix, Hotstar, Youtube - running out of the box. Zero tinkering needed.
  • Gaming - TBD

What I don't:
  • No extended warranty over the limited one year. Although the installation engineer was willing to sell me 1+2y for a cool 25K, confirmed that the company doesnt offer it. So that made the decision easy. Anyways TVs are like rolling the dice now.
  • The Sony remote - would have preferred a simpler one. Power, Home, Enter and D-Pad, Volume.
  • The feeling of impending doom - but then at least i have half the money safe with me. A new one would have set me back ~130-150k incl ext warranty.

I haven't explored all the settings on this tv... coz i'm busy binging since last 2 weeks - gotta make up all those TV hours

Thanks for all the help from the forum. Cheers!

sony x82e series is a ips panel
Dear sir, how do you know that this tv has IPS panel? Because it is not mentioned anywhere in sony india official website. I am thinking of buying this tv but stopped only because of the doubt whether this tv has VA or IPS panel. Any help regarding this will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back