Got the Wharfies!

Hi reju thanks for the reply.

I guess the B option is only stereo output. I have connected the new speakers only thro A option.

sri

Its just bcose spk are new.Give some time(burn-in)then woofer will move more & faster to get accurate sound.Woofer of 9.2 is big so it may take more than 2 wks to break-in.Play Rock or Bass music,it will work soon.:)

Did you try connecting the original speakers to see if this condition continues? Also check volume output from STB?

Hi Guys,

I wish to thank all the guys who wished me here. But i am rather disappointed some experts here on the forum didnt even pause to wish me on the purchase, leave alone giving me any suggestions:sad:. Well thats the way it goes some times.

I will be getting the Marantz amp from the repair man this evening. I will post how the wharfs go with it for stereo music.

Thanks again guys,

cheers,
sri

Hi Guys,

I wish to thank all the guys who wished me here. But i am rather disappointed some experts here on the forum didnt even pause to wish me on the purchase, leave alone giving me any suggestions:sad:. Well thats the way it goes some times.

I will be getting the Marantz amp from the repair man this evening. I will post how the wharfs go with it for stereo music.

Thanks again guys,

cheers,
sri

congrats man - cheer up.

I am sure the EXPERTS got busy with something else or else overlooked this by mistake :).

Do post a review of the same.

Hi supra,
Thanks man. I have already given my review(if u can call it that) already in the thread.

cheers
sri

Hey Sri don't worry things will work out..

Did you change speaker settings? Keep all "small". Are you able to adjust the individual speaker levels? Crossover @ 80.

If nothing works try resetting the AVR to factory defaults and start again.

Hai Srikarkav,

Congrats on your purchase, Forgot to wish you in the eagerness about the performance query.

Now can I call myself an expert after wishing you?

N Murali

Thanks murali and yogesh. my speakers are one feet away from the walls.
reju i will try all u have suggested tonight.Thanks for cheering me up:)

sri

Since I am not an expert, I didn't make any comments. But regular comments - place on something that itself isn't resonate, or air inside it doesn't act as an extended speaker cabinet (unless you want to do that).
If you liked the sound at showroom, there are fair chances that you will like it after burn in and placement tweaks.
Some people can also pitch in for room correction.

Congratulations! Actually I also held back my comments as I was waiting for you to connect with marantz.

regards

well im no expert but a complete noob

congratualtions on your purchase.
the warfedales are smooth sounding british flaovoured musical speakers
a fine aquisition indeed

may you have many musicals hours listening to your set

Boominess may also be due to a bad mp3 song.
anyway use the adviceihave given you
Also see if you can get 2feet or preferabley 3 from the back wall

Congrats and have a blast. Coming to the performance give it some time. Breaking is something I don't really work at too much but it does work for some so give it some time. Also, make a mental note of how different genres of music sound. I'm sure things will settle down and speakers live up to their expectations. Just make sure you use it, even better leave some music playing all through the night if that's possible.

My apologies for this delay, but I'm sure you did not mean me here since I'm no expert...

Hi Guys,

Thanks again guys,

cheers,
sri

Congrats for getting great speakers!!!

Do post a review....because I am also planning to upgrade my speakers. Currently I have the HTiB satellites, that I am planning to upgrade. Though I am looking fro Wharfe 9.1, had an audition at Vector, liked it too. Will have an audition of 9.2.

-Ashish

Congratulations Sri. The diamonds are indeed special speakers. Ive a pair of 9.1 cherry in my study. They are sweet, arent they?!

If you had used CD or lossless formats then I suspect its the AVR to blame for the annoying boom. They are not the best option for hifi applications. IHO entry level Onkyos and Yamahas cant cut it when it comes to stereo performance. May be the Marantz, CA or even the Denon would have been a better fit.

Anyways, try experimenting with the Direct Mode and/or get the analogue out from your source and use any aux inputs of your AVR and see if there is any difference. If everything fails then going back to physically plugging sponge to the ports or experimenting with placement are the only options!

Hopefully everything should work out when you get your Marantz back. What model is the amp? IME the diamonds make a wonderful match with Marantz electronics.

Cheers.

Happy listening with the new Wharfies!!

the spekaers will sound better after 120 hours of play time. by then you will begin relishing the sound even at lower volumes with the volume dial between 07:30 to 08:00 AM. The cone will perceptibly appear to respond better giving a sweetness to the listening experience.

Cheers

the spekaers will sound better after 120 hours of play time. by then you will begin relishing the sound even at lower volumes with the volume dial between 07:30 to 08:00 AM. The cone will perceptibly appear to respond better giving a sweetness to the listening experience.

Cheers

120 hours is quite a precise figure!!! ;)

Hi Sri,
Heartiest Congrats for your new speakers.:yahoo:They look very beautiful and especially in cherry finish:licklips:.
I've not heard any wharfedales so far but as per the reviews it sure must be one amazing performer.
Meanwhile, I think the "Loft" is not the ideal place for your speakers.If it's close to the ceiling, you'll probably hear booming bass and a resonant Midrange.
Try to get a good stand or make one with the help of a local carpernter if possible.There is a lot of DIY stands available in the web for reference.

Also it would be good if you can re-calibrate your speaker settings ( Distance, Level, Tone-Bass, Treble , Subwoofer level ,etc) in your AVR.

All the best to you & for your son's studies.
Enjoy,
Regards,
Samuel

Cheers

Hello Gobble & All

What is the logic behind the speakers sounding better after a few hours of playback? I'm not much of a audiophile so would like to know how a speaker sounds better with time?Pls share.

Hello Gobble & All

What is the logic behind the speakers sounding better after a few hours of playback? I'm not much of a audiophile so would like to know how a speaker sounds better with time?Pls share.

Just Google "breaking in of speakers". You'll have tons of information.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back