Great Tasting Vinyl

Spinnin a lot of Jazz lately...

this evening has been a mesmerising one. an evening full of Chick Corea's music...

1. Chic Corea & Flora Purim (vocalist) - light as a feather
this one is excellent. sounds excellent, despite being a polydor release....
2. Chic Corea - Secret Agent
3. Chic Corea - The Song of Singing

follwoing chic corea, were the following titles...

1. Soesja Citroen Featuring the Cees Slinger Octet - Sings Thelonious Monk
(this i picked up from a 2nd hand seller on a lark... but O boy! Thank God I did pick it. excellent music and sonics!)
2. Cleo Lane / JOhn Willaims - Best Friends... this duo from the 70s covered a diverse song list in their own inimitable way! this record is like a nice nighcap to today's session!

Listening to Basia's first solo album - time & tide... she is a wonderful vocalist from Poland... this particular album sold in the millions and gave her a billboard top 30 hit on BIllboard top hundred 1987 as well as it also topped in Billboards contemporary jazz albums!

Pretty light, listenable, jazz album... with fairly layered compositions that highlight the lady's incredible vocal range!

here is a sample:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN1mfwY7gsQ

Last edited:
Lata mangeshkar - live at the Royal Albert Hall. It's a minty 1st press.

Lata's voice is amazing.

Its been awhile since I wrote about what I'm listening to.... so here goes!

First up, Lou Rawls - Best of. Really rockin stuff! Old Skool R&B with a lot of feel!

Lou Rawls "You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine" - YouTube

Me and my dad love Lou Rawls and this track is one of my all time favourites....
Would love to listen to it on your setup on vinyl...

Incase you guys listen to it carefully and link it to recent movies... you will see that this track was used for ICE AGE movie.. :) after listening to the song in the movie, i searched and was able to find the CD for this sound track... :)

You're right tintin!

If you can get your hands on his Greatest Hits, you should get it! Its really awesome!

It's Rolling Stones all the way today:
1. Tattoo you
2. Steel Wheels
3. Black & Blue

Love this band more than the Beatles & Pink Floyd, though lesser than Jethro Tull and Led Zeppelin!

Considering that my last post was on 2017! Guys! And gals!
Be ready for loads of updates in the coming days!

I've been silent here, but the music hasn't! ;)

Malvai, nice to see you post after long. Any changes to your system?

Last edited:
Listened to ALL my Steely Dan LPs today!!!

Man... these have been mastered well... apart from the music being brilliant!

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back