Great Tasting Vinyl

Anything you DON'T have? :D

I have the Wilbury's CD box too (non-deluxe), but vinyl was way off my budget

I have the Deluxe box set on cd.... but the Vinyl of the same is freaking expensive... had to pass on it...

And yeah :eek: there is lots that I don't have.... I don't have ANY albums by Fairport Convention or even stuff by the splinter groups and their solo artists...

shame really....

I have the Deluxe box set on cd.... but the Vinyl of the same is freaking expensive... had to pass on it...

You mean you have an original vinyl pressing of TW Vol1? Wow.

And yeah :eek: there is lots that I don't have.... I don't have ANY albums by Fairport Convention or even stuff by the splinter groups and their solo artists...

Heh. I don't have many of those either - just one sleeve-less (and rather poor) Fairport album, and one Richard & Linda Thompson. But your rate and ease of acquisition suggests it won't be long before you overtake :lol:

You mean you have an original vinyl pressing of TW Vol1? Wow.

Heh. I don't have many of those either - just one sleeve-less (and rather poor) Fairport album, and one Richard & Linda Thompson. But your rate and ease of acquisition suggests it won't be long before you overtake :lol:

yep, orig 1st press of TW in fairly decent shape.

and acquiring FC ain't that easy bro... but keepin my eyes open and fingers crossed, and the wallet ready! :)

Fairport's "must-have" classic, 1969's "Liege and lief" has been reissued on 180g vinyl and is available for about 20$ on amazon. Well worth it at that price

Just concluded:

1. jagjit & Chitra singh - Ghazals & Nazms ( Poet Sudarshan Faakir) - bloody awesome stuff (despite me finding jagjit to be a monotonous voice...)
2. Leonard Cohen - songs from a room
3. ghulam Ali - live in india

darn morunfull stuff... guess my heart is weeping at leaving mumbai...

Was in bad Company this morning!

-Bad Co (self titled)
_ Bad Company - Desolation Angels

Ah! The classic stuff!

Mid-week blues!

whatcha gonna spin tonight?

I'm thinkin of these:

1. Genesis- Duke
2. Joan Baez - Diamonds & Rust
3. Tracy Chapman - (self titled)

Its my last day of listening pleasure in Mumbai...

Feeling sad... nostalgic... and afraid... afraid for my gear... will it reach gurgaon safe? I hope it does.... its gonna be a while before i get my listenig room there up to speed - wiring, dedicated lines, UPS.... all this will obviously be the last on the list as I would need to ensure that the house is comfy for my wife and child.... so tonight, I play LOUD!

farewell... Mumbai! You've been good to me!

Already spun:
Led zep - houses of the holy

Up next:
Led Zep - Presence
Led Zep III
Led Zep IV

Then, past 10:
Steely Dan - Everything Must Go
Donal Fagen - The Nightfly

I guess you don't care much for cricket? The turntable did not cross my mind for half a minute after 2:30 PM today :)

I guess you don't care much for cricket? The turntable did not cross my mind for half a minute after 2:30 PM today :)

Not too much bro.... just had the match on with the TV on mute, in another room.... popped in every half hour or so to check on things!

Now, its just me and my headphones... :sad:

Evening #2 without my gear...
packing is almost done...
will sleep on my matress...

Even my secondary system (Sansui AU-317 + Tannoy Reveal BS, near field speakers + -NuForce DAC+ Kenwood TT + -Dell Inspiron Lappie) has been packed, as of early evening...

Now its Just the '-' items along with my travelling companion - Sennheiser HD 595's doing the duty....

as good as the Nuforce Dac and the Senny's are, they don't comapare to vinyl.... but until the gear comes up, it'll have to do....

But, guys, keep writing... let's hear all about your great tasting vinyls.... atleast one part of my heart will feel better!

Hi Hiten,
yup that Bowie track is one of his best...

He is one of my favourites too... though the album that I like best is : Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars.

That is a pure concept album... here is one of my fav tracks from that album:

YouTube - David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust (From The Motion Picture)

here is another one of my fav Bowie songs... this one was also covered (and very beautifully!) by Nirvana (in the MTV Unplugged album):

YouTube - David Bowie - The Man Who Sold The World

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back