Greetings from an Audiofanatic

Swifter9666

Hello to all Audiophiles!!!

This is Arpit from Noida (Delhi-NCR), I am following the hifivision forum from so many years offline, I am an auto enthusiast, foodie, coffeeholic, and IT professional.
Thanks for approving my joining request in this forum, I would like to gain knowledge and experience from all of you.
Currently, I am building my DIY 3-way active setup in Swift ZXI AMT and would like to take some suggestions and advice from all the fellow members.

I am building my own budget 3-way setup from DIY drivers for Suzuki Swift 2018 Automatic.

Current Setup

Hypersonic Android
- SC9853i - IA Intel processor - ( not ready to sell it off for pennies) decided to retain it.
Android HU has lots of disadvantages in the sound stage like 2V preamp sensitivity, noise issues that will amplify after you connected with DSP.
Advantages: TPMS, front, and rear DASHCAM connected with lots of other useful apps.

USB/Bluetooth DAC - Xduoo XQ-50 Pro DAC used for XMOS 208 USB input to RCA output
Bluetooth 5.0 LDAC input from Phone (as a dap) to DSP via Tosslink port

Midbass - Dayton RS-180-4 7 inch midbass crossed @ 70hz LR 24db to 350hz LR 24db

Full range - Dayton PS-95-8 point to source driver in A-pillar VAS is about 1 Liter and pods are designed like open baffled
LR 24db slope crossed from 350hz - bypass

Processor - Helix Dsp.3

Amplifier - Sony XM-GS4 4 channel 70w X 4 ( Powering midrange + tweeter (soon to be added) )
Amplifier - Clarrion ADP 4000 ( Powering midbass 100 W X 2 + Morel ultimo SC @ 2ohm 700 W on bridge mode )

Substage - Morel Ultimo SC 122 in ported enclosure tuned @ 32HZ 1.75 cu ft.

PS: I need to add the tweeter for Clear high frequencies, thinking to cross above 8.5khz-11khz
A number of drivers I have selected according to match the frequencies and sensitivity with my current drivers.
I don't need a very loud shrill or bright sound signature, I would love to listen to a warm or a neutral sound signature and tonal response.

These are the 5 drivers I have selected so far for Tweeter.

1. Dayton Audio AMT Mini-8 Air Motion Transformer Tweeter 8 Ohm
2. ScanSpeak Illuminator R3004/6020-00 1" Tweeter Small Ring Radiator
3. SEAS Prestige 27TFFNC/G (H1396) 1" Textile Dome Tweeter
4. Peerless XT25SC90-04 Ring Radiator Tweeter
5. SB Acoustics SB29RDNC-C000-4 Neo Magnet, Ring Dome Tweeter

Request to all the members if they can help me with selecting the right high-frequency driver for my 3-way setup.

These are the 5 drivers I have selected so far for Tweeter.

1. Dayton Audio AMT Mini-8 Air Motion Transformer Tweeter 8 Ohm
2. ScanSpeak Illuminator R3004/6020-00 1" Tweeter Small Ring Radiator
3. SEAS Prestige 27TFFNC/G (H1396) 1" Textile Dome Tweeter
4. Peerless XT25SC90-04 Ring Radiator Tweeter
5. SB Acoustics SB29RDNC-C000-4 Neo Magnet, Ring Dome Tweeter

Request to all the members if they can help me with selecting the right high-frequency driver for my 3-way setup.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!!

As for the tweeter suggestion, IMHO, with the varied set of equipment that you have, it will be difficult for anyone to have any clue on how the suggested tweeter is going to perform with the rest of the chain and most importantly in YOUR CAR... so better to take a leap of faith and get whatever is appealing to you.. Finally, a lot depends on how you finally TUNE the system.. for me, thats the make or break area.....

I am saying this from my personal experience.. Car audio is pretty tricky.. the same equipment along with same interconnects can sound totally different in different vehicles. I am also having a 3-way active setup in my car with Pioneer P99RS headunit, Rainbow tweeter and mid-range, audio frog mid-bass and a rainbow sub-woofer. The amplification is from Mosconi, Flux audio and TRU.

All the best!

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!!

As for the tweeter suggestion, IMHO, with the varied set of equipment that you have, it will be difficult for anyone to have any clue on how the suggested tweeter is going to perform with the rest of the chain and most importantly in YOUR CAR... so better to take a leap of faith and get whatever is appealing to you.. Finally, a lot depends on how you finally TUNE the system.. for me, thats the make or break area.....

I am saying this from my personal experience.. Car audio is pretty tricky.. the same equipment along with same interconnects can sound totally different in different vehicles. I am also having a 3-way active setup in my car with Pioneer P99RS headunit, Rainbow tweeter and mid-range, audio frog mid-bass and a rainbow sub-woofer. The amplification is from Mosconi, Flux audio and TRU.

All the best!
Whatever you said is all correct Miany, there is the reason of selecting these 5 drivers in my list because somehow they perform exceptionally good in higher frequencies. You can surely tune but what i have understand is you can't change the nature or the driver, my setup is more likely a warm sounding signature and I want to carry that sound signature and tonal response for longer listening session without any fatigue. All Five drivers are very different with each other like, AMT, ring radiator, textile dome and soft dome tweeter. If you guys have installed any of these drivers and share the experience with me that would be really helpful. Right now I am more inclined towards dayton amt mini driver because or the wider higher frequencies range that can be used as super tweeter for Acoustic effect. I am already running the full range driver but some how feels the higher frequencies are lacking with clarity and depth in it.

Having said that, still hoping for the advise and open suggestions. I would like to cross it high around 8.5khz upwards or even 10khz range

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back