Group Buy Beresford 7520 DACs

yes usb would mainly be needed to connectto HTPC

however you can also connect a 7510 ( older and cheaper model DAC to an HTPC or PC if that PC has an optical output - many do and i see no reason for going for the 7520 in my case)
Actaully some motherboards like the Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H feature the optical port too. Hence this can directly be used to connect to a older DAC
Dunno if the comp will recognse it as a soundcard though
Maybe moserw can throw light on it in another thread and leave this one for the group buy discussions

read some comparisons I posted-

http://www.hifivision.com/cd-players/2745-cd-player-ext-da-converter-27.html

Hi guys,

just a suggestion.

The price of beresford 7250 with shipping and custom duties comes to around
Rs. 15 K
When Cambridge audio DAC MAGIC with USB is available at around
Rs. 21k in india with good service backup and authorised dealers why go
for 7250

Well why not negotiate a group order for the DacMagic too? At least no harm in asking/trying...

All can then go for the better option.

yes the 7520 will get a bit exp(not very VFM when you account for customs stc)
Also i feel Stan might be willing to give larger disocunts on an older model than his newest creation

i have seen a link that said the older TC 7510 model was being sold at 99$ (5k) on e bay
now if these sellers can afford to sell so low im sure stan should be able to sell us the older ones at 100 POunds ( 7.2k ) including all customs duties ,shipping and handling charges.
i consider this VFM

P.S who pays the custom duty . ? would Stan be paying it or will each of us pay it?
100Pounds including all duties for the older model is good VFM i believe becasue if each one of us were to source it alone from a carrier from UK no customs would be applicable .Also Stan will also not collect VAT tax which would be applicable to UK citezens

i dunno anything about taxes and custom duties. Above is all speculatuion

Last edited:
Well why not negotiate a group order for the DacMagic too? At least no harm in asking/trying...

All can then go for the better option.

Agreed we can try that too :)

Can someone help me understand what's the balanced XLR output all about ?
Also how can we connect ipod to these DACs ? ( Any simple,cheap,effective solution ? )

Thanks

P.S who pays the custom duty . ? would Stan be paying it or will each of us pay it?

Customs duty, to put it very crudely, is like a inhibitor to stop Indians from importing things rather than buying from local manufacturers. So it is the importer (or you) who has to pay the duty. Generally, the duty on electronic items is around 40%. All this is dependant upon the customs officer to whom your papers go.

Please remember, if one person imports a large number of the same item, he becomes a commercial importer. He needs to get a Import/Export code as well as furnish a performa invoice to the customs authorities and get their written permission to import the items. This has to be done BEFORE the order is placed with the foreign entity. If this is not done, the authorities have the right to confiscate the items and auction it off.

Usually if someone import one piece with low value, the authorities consider it to be personal use, and will usually not bother. But if they see more pieces of the same item, they will know it for commercial use, and they will impose all the rules. So it is better to get their permission before. This can only be done by a authorised importer.

Cheers

Last edited:
good input venkat. Which means we will get together to negotiate, but will get it shipped to individual.

regards

Nirrej,
Are you selling DAC magic? What price would you give it to us for - if there are 5-10 people willing to buy?

regards

Hi guys,

just a suggestion.

The price of beresford 7250 with shipping and custom duties comes to around
Rs. 15 K
When Cambridge audio DAC MAGIC with USB is available at around
Rs. 21k in india with good service backup and authorised dealers why go
for 7250

I think DacMagic retails for around 20-21K. Why not walk into a store that sells it and ask how much they would charge for 10 items or more bought in bulk. Someone somewhere should offer some discount which would be worth the while of the members of this forum. Local shipping to other cities too would be cheaper and also come with warranty.

I think DacMagic retails for around 20-21K. Why not walk into a store that sells it and ask how much they would charge for 10 items or more bought in bulk. Someone somewhere should offer some discount which would be worth the while of the members of this forum. Local shipping to other cities too would be cheaper and also come with warranty.

I think a Delhi member should approach FX who are the National distributors for CA. That will be the best bet.

Cheers

venkat ji

thats means if Stn is willing to sell us something for 100 Pounds including shipping the actual cost we willpay is 100pounds plus duty correct?

if we are the ones to pay the duty how do we know how much has been levied and also who comes to collect this duty?

if stan sends us single pieces individually do you think duty may altogether be wavied depending on the officer considering its a small sized samll value item??

thats means if Stn is willing to sell us something for 100 Pounds including shipping the actual cost we willpay is 100pounds plus duty correct?

Correct

if we are the ones to pay the duty how do we know how much has been levied and also who comes to collect this duty?

This happens in two ways. The courier company may pay the duty and in turn collect it from you. Alternatively, the customs department may hold the package and ask you to pay the amount and collect it. They will send you a letter, and you have to go to the airport and collect the package.

if stan sends us single pieces individually do you think duty may altogether be wavied depending on the officer considering its a small sized small value item??

This is totally at the discretion of the customs officer in charge, and can never be predicted.

Cheers

Like venkatcr rightly pointed out, bulk import will land you in BIG trouble unless you have import license.

So the best procedure will be to have them shipped individually from UK (after you get the respective discounts for bulk order).

If this is sent by courier, normally the courier company will pay the customs duty in India, and collect money from you on delivery. They will also provide you the necessary copies of customs duties paid.

There are 99% chances of customs duties be levied for this item. But I do NOT expect the customs duties to exceed 25% of the value. Now the value will be decided by the customs officer on duty. This will be irrespective of the value/ invoice declared by the seller (Stanley Beresford). I have a feeling it will be valued around Rs. 8-10K. So be prepared for customs duty of approx Rs. 2 to 3K, including facilitation charges (approx Rs. 100-200) of the courier company.

Last edited:
I think the very people who wanted to go for this DAC sound confused in other threads.
Let me know if the interest is still there. Seems sound cards are killing DACs :lol:

regards

venkat ji

if stan sends us single pieces individually do you think duty may altogether be wavied depending on the officer considering its a small sized samll value item??

Any communication/mail discussion with stan happened??? Least it must be outside this thread...

I emailed him and he responded with "will see what can be done".
Are people still interested?
I can call the Delhi Cambridge Audio dealer too - I think he is active in this forum but I forgot the thread/ user name.

100 for the TC-7510 shipped with 'adjusted' shipping invoice to each participant is possible for HifiVision members.

The TC-7520 can be done for 150 shipped to members.

STan

Thanks Stan for your response. We really appreciate it, and the offer you have made. Would request you to read the original post for expected group buy price, and some other questions regarding shipping to individuals, accessories and opamp mods that some people request.

regards

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back