Hi guys,

just a suggestion.

The price of beresford 7250 with shipping and custom duties comes to around
Rs. 15 K
When Cambridge audio DAC MAGIC with USB is available at around
Rs. 21k in india with good service backup and authorised dealers why go
for 7250

Hi,
I m back just now.CA magic for 25k with Bill,I have posted this somewhere in my post.

I think the very people who wanted to go for this DAC sound confused in other threads.
Let me know if the interest is still there. Seems sound cards are killing DACs :lol:

regards

Here is comparison of 7520 with DAC magic-
What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision - Re: Beresford TC-7520 vs. DAC Magic: my findings so far

7520 vs 7510-
http://www.theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2541
http://www.theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2160

read second review(tizer2000uk) which states USB cannot be used for games ,even Foobar?

Can we order upgdrade parts too for 7520?
http://www.theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2364

Last edited:
100 for the TC-7510 shipped with 'adjusted' shipping invoice to each participant is possible for HifiVision members.
The TC-7520 can be done for 150 shipped to members.

STan

Hi Stan,

When we discuss abt grp buy of 7510 ,you offered price lower than mentioned on web.
That time aprox price of 7510 was 8k & you offered it for around 7k for members.

So why not now.7520 price is around 11.2k ,so it is possible to offer for 9k aprox,isnt it?:licklips: (150 = Rs.11.5k)

can USB reader(WMA/FLAC) be added later?

Last edited:
Hi Stan,

When we discuss abt grp buy of 7510 ,you offered price lower than mentioned on web.
That time aprox price of 7510 was 8k & you offered it for around 7k for members.

So why not now.7520 price is around 11.2k ,so it is possible to offer for 10k aprox,isnt it?:licklips: (150 = Rs.11.5k)

The is going up and down like a yoyo and has lost 25% of its value in the last 8 months. Production costs are however still the same and are fixed in U$.

But I don't wish to be reasonable. The Dac Magic and V-DAC are very good value as well and should not be dismissed. I am sure the dealers would welcome you with good discounts as well for hifivision members.

Stan

BTW was the 7520 price of 150 inclusive of shipping to India??

yes! thats the discount stan is ofering i think
(about 15-20 puonds)

the problem is not the price 150 pounds the problem is the duty you may be charged could go anywhere between a cool 3k to 4k extra.
And that is why people are looking to option availblein india like the DAC maic etc

I think ppl on the forum have imported the oppo 980h with 2K customs duty. I doubt if the DAC will attract more than 800/- from customs.

Regards

The actual price of the TC-7520 is 175 to India. So 150 is 25 off.
But I understand the problem on Customs import duty. So I tend to put on the invoice the cost of the parts, instead of the cost of manufacturing:D. So far it has been OK.

I am also talking to an Indian distributor from Home | decibel - the art of sound | Home Theatre, Hi-Fi, High End Specialty Audio Chennai, India so that we can see if it would be easier to get a distributor to handle the whole group buy. I can't promise it will be cheaper, but it might be.

Stan

An OPPO 981 from the UK valued at GBP 100 + 89 (Shipping) attracted a custom duty of Rs. 2000/-

If Stan under invoices the 7520 to say GBP 100 (inclusive of shipping), customs should be less.

As per my original post, I was expecting an offer for around 100 pounds for 7520 with a group order of 5+ units.

As per my understanding, what Stan has offered is for single individual order. Do we still have 5+ members interested in the DAC?

Stan - is 5 a good number for you to give us a better deal?

regards

unfortuantely many a time customs duty is charged rrespective of the cost of the item as someone here stated

also customs duty can be levied right upto 35%
whooop! thats a third!

Stan you wouldnt have any idea on how much duty your customerswere levied do you?

The actual price of the TC-7520 is 175 to India. So 150 is 25 off.
But I understand the problem on Customs import duty. So I tend to put on the invoice the cost of the parts, instead of the cost of manufacturing:D. So far it has been OK.

I am also talking to an Indian distributor from Home | decibel - the art of sound | Home Theatre, Hi-Fi, High End Specialty Audio Chennai, India so that we can see if it would be easier to get a distributor to handle the whole group buy. I can't promise it will be cheaper, but it might be.

Stan

Well distributors will definitely increase the current price.
Tannoy F1 are 7k in UK & I got it from distributors for 14k(double):annoyed:

150 delivered to India is a good price and if the customs charge is reasonable it's a good buy.I've paid 160 for a 7520(Second hand) and had the opamps upgraded this weekend.The opamps cost a tenner and the difference is quite marked,the DAC on it's own was impressive and the upgrade's definitely improved it by miles.At present I'm using it with my PC.
PC to USB input on Beresford DAC 7520 to a Cambridge Audio 340 A via chord interconnects hooked to a pair of Mordaunt Shorts 902i.(Second system)

thanks for sharing your experience. Did you compare it to any other DAC, say a CD player?
Do you take line out or the pre-amp out from DAC?

regards

I am assuming this is a dead thread as many of the initial enthusiasts are looking lesser costing better locally available sound cards, and/or dedicated CDP.
Do people here still have any interest in this product?

regards

as ive said before
im interested and will remian intersted

but my interst is only in the 7510 model

its advertised at a 100 pounds
if stan is willing to give good discounts(considering its an older model) on this im buying.
Actually im trying to get it from london itself to save customs!

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back