Group Buy Beresford 7520 DACs

thanks for sharing your experience. Did you compare it to any other DAC, say a CD player?
Do you take line out or the pre-amp out from DAC?

regards

I've compared it with a Cheap Sony CD player and the DAC did sound brilliant,been using the fixed line out from the DAC.I have a pair of AKG K271 headphones but havent used this DAC for extended listening yet,have read reviews that the headphone amp of the 7520 is equivalent to entry level headphone amps and some people have considered selling off their graham slee headphone amps and use this instead.Might look at using th eDAC more often now as I have had it upgraded with LM4562 Opamps.

Hi All,
Was reading about Beresford DACs when I chanced upon this thread.
Just to know, are there people interested now for Group Buy of 7520 or Caiman.
I am interested in Caiman.
Regards.

Hi All,
Was reading about Beresford DACs when I chanced upon this thread.
Just to know, are there people interested now for Group Buy of 7520 or Caiman.
I am interested in Caiman.
Regards.

I have placed an order for the same directly through Stanley Beresford and since he is also a member of this site so he has offered us a rebate in terms of free shipping. As the pros and cons of group buy was discussed before in this very thread, so if you are still interested then its better that you order it directly from Stanley itself and he is charging 199 pounds for it which includes everything except the customs duty which we will have to pay eventually when it arrives here in India.

I have placed an order for the same directly through Stanley Beresford and since he is also a member of this site so he has offered us a rebate in terms of free shipping. As the pros and cons of group buy was discussed before in this very thread, so if you are still interested then its better that you order it directly from Stanley itself and he is charging 199 pounds for it which includes everything except the customs duty which we will have to pay eventually when it arrives here in India.

I meant to get a good price for a group but get the payment & delivery done individually.
When is your Caiman expected? would like to hear your review & the duty paid.

Also, what are the warranty conditions.

I meant to get a good price for a group but get the payment & delivery done individually.
When is your Caiman expected? would like to hear your review & the duty paid.

Also, what are the warranty conditions.

I have got a good price from Stan as he gave a discount by not charging any shipping, also I have recieved my Parcel today and the best part of the deal was that I didn't had to pay any customs duty. I will post a detailed review of the same soon.
For the warranty I think that if anything goes wrong then I will have to send it back to Stanley.

Last edited:
The group buy thing was far too difficult to organize. So I have instead made it a lot simpler by taking the hit on the delivery. That is about U$40 saved.
I also do a sensible cost price on the shipping note for Customs purposes.

I am tempted to say - blame the buyer not the distie/seller :lol:

Cheers

+1, when i contacted Chennai Onkyo dealer for ONKYO 807 the price quoted was 90K. one can easily a make a trip to Dubai or Singapore and still save few thousand rupees. :sad:

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back