Group Buy Beresford 7520 DACs

anm

Whoever is interested can add their names/ city/ questions and suggestions. I am in Noida.
I have never lead an internet based group buy before, so if anyone else is interested/ experienced in it can take over.
Need to define some rules also.

Need suggestion on:

Payment method? From group to single person? Or each one pays directly to Stan?

Shipment from UK to India (we would prefer individually tested units shipped to us. If that can be promised, shipping from China too should be ok?) Should it be done to single person or to individuals directly by Stan?

Shipment from central location in India to everyone? I have a relative in DTDC courier so that shall be easy.

Deadlines for each step?

What would you pay? For 5+ pieces of 7520, we should expect a price close to 100 pounds.

Any accessories ? I would definitely want a 3.5mm TOSLINK adapter to be able to connect to airport express.

Questions for Stan:
==> What would be the warranty/ support in India? What will be the process for repair/ replacement?
==> Also how about including the opamp mode with the pack or making it as preinstalled?

regards

Last edited:
I will be there form Mumbai(not available next 5 days),
few things additional-

warrenty/support in India.

Last edited:
Hi, I have read a lot of discussions about this product. I am still not able to figure where one can use this? How to make best use of this product?

Last edited:
I'm in for the 7250, Location: Mumbai

GBP 100 sounds good to me (if Stanley agrees) ... though with shipping & customs it may go up to 140-150... which also is acceptable.

i dont require a usb out
Hence i actually need a 7510 ( i think its MRP is 50 pounds cheaper)
Location mumbai

IF Stan is willing to ship this with the rest of the other models that would be great
if not i shall see the price stan is offereing for the 7520 and decide

yes usb would mainly be needed to connectto HTPC

however you can also connect a 7510 ( older and cheaper model DAC to an HTPC or PC if that PC has an optical output - many do and i see no reason for going for the 7520 in my case)
Actaully some motherboards like the Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H feature the optical port too. Hence this can directly be used to connect to a older DAC
Dunno if the comp will recognse it as a soundcard though
Maybe moserw can throw light on it in another thread and leave this one for the group buy discussions

Last edited:
Another question I had was, can I use DAC as just a DAC and bypass the built-in pre-amp.
The answer is:
the DAC has a LINE output so that it can be used as a DAC only. You connect that output to a preamp.
There is a separate preamp output on the TC-7520, but you leave that unconnected if you don't want to use the preamp section of the DAC.

digital connection is better than usb - as usb can do only 16/44.1 khz while coax/ optical can do 24/96

I have sent an email to Stan with the link to this thread.

regards

Can't we just hook up the pc through the 3.5 mm stereo ( the port to which I connect the headphone ) using some sort of converter ? ( Forgive me for asking simple stupid questions :) )

Thanks

Yes you can, but still getting a digital out to the DAC will give optimum mileage and that would be the way to go after spending so much on the DAC. A soundcard with a digital out will cost Rs. 1000 so it will be a worthwhile investment and all the more recommended for the "right" connections to the DAC.

But I have a laptop,can't upgrade it's in-built sound card and it doesn't have a digital out :sad: Is there any cheap but effective way to achieve the same in a laptop ?

Thanks

(btw I'm still game for the DAC ) :)

But I have a laptop,can't upgrade it's in-built sound card and it doesn't have a digital out :sad: Is there any cheap but effective way to achieve the same in a laptop ?

Thanks

(btw I'm still game for the DAC ) :)

You'd best consider the USB model. Otherwise you'll have to do with analog outs but performance will take a hit in such a scenario.

the 7520 sounds better and more lively than the 7510. Period.:licklips:

I am interested - price forgiving. The exchange rate forbids us from buying anything great in the HiFi world. So of the price of the 7520 is on a lower side (if Stan does decide to take mercy with us impoverished by the exchange rate) i would be very much interested in the 7520.

Though usb is a plus in this version, only reason the 7520 is a better buy is because of the sound ie the opamps. Maybe we can get the better opamps preinstalled after discussion with Stan

BTW I am from Pune. Let me know how the payment needs to be done.

i dont require a usb out
Hence i actually need a 7510 ( i think its MRP is 50 pounds cheaper)
Location mumbai

IF Stan is willing to ship this with the rest of the other models that would be great
if not i shall see the price stan is offereing for the 7520 and decide

I am more interested in USB reader(mp3/WMA).
So if others to .we can ask custom made usb with switch which can either be used for PC connection or pendrive(MP3/WMA playback)

Forget mp3,but can this DAC do justice to WMA too?

updates- I m starting my journey now & will be back on 12/05/09
Pls.dont forget me while you order:licklips:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back