Group Buy: Mauro Penasa MyRef Rev C kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

linuxguru

This thread is for expression of interest in the Mauro Penasa MyRef Rev C monoblock kits discussed at various threads at diyAudio:

My "audiophile" LM3886 approach - diyAudio

The new "My Ref" Rev C thread - diyAudio

MyRefC build guide - diyAudio

I will be offering a kit (including the PCB and everything on the PCB) for Rs.1500 each. These are monoblock kits, and you will need two to assemble a stereo amplifier. The kits will be supplied unassembled. In addition, you will need cabinet and chassis components, transformers, connectors, cabling, standoffs, heatsinks, bezels, switches, etc. of your own choice.

I will post the payment details in due course (most probably by PayPal and/or EFT).

Please indicate your interest by posting a follow-up with the number of kits required, and questions if any. You don't have to make payment now, and you can change the number of kits later.

The previous discussion on this design can be found here:

http://www.hifivision.com/diy/7355-gainclone-vs-tripath-t-amps-vs-nelson-pass-f5-2.html

-Siva

Hello Linuxguru
This is great. I confirm buying one stereo kit.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People This is great value for money kit. Reviews say this is an audiophile amplifer kit with excellent pace, clarity, details and awesome sonics. Support Indian DIY and our very own Linuxguru who has contributed refining this amp.
Cheers
Hiten

Siva,

Would prefer a CBU, can you help me?

Last edited:
Hello Linuxguru
This is great. I confirm buying one stereo kit.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People This is great value for money kit. Reviews say this is an audiophile amplifer kit with excellent pace, clarity, details and awesome sonics. Support Indian DIY and our very own Linuxguru who has contributed refining this amp.
Cheers
Hiten

Hiten
Great to hear you are going for it!!

Me too. One stereo pair. When does production begin?

Thanks a ton for taking the initiative!! :)

Cheers

Linuxguru(siva)

Will be interested in CBU . What will be the complete spec like ? :rolleyes:

Kittu

Am not Siva but am taking the liberty...

Check here

And you would have got this without rolling your eyes too :)

Keith dosth,,

I wanted to see how the completely built unit looks like and what will be the final specification of a fully built unit. As I am a noob and have zero DIY skills I was kind of hoping if Siva can help build a unit for me ...

no eye rolling this time

Kittu.:)

For those who want to see how the boards look, here's the amp
I made from the MyRef group buy at DIYAudio last year.
The boards Siva is making are going to be a bit larger to accomodate
better parts and hence will look slightly different.

Picasa Web Albums - Prasad - Mauro MyRef-RevC

The amp is an amazing value for money.
Listening impressions - I am not too good with descriptions, but
it sounds excellent. Absolutely quiet and hum free, and a
very musical amp. Multiple group buys of this amp on diyaudio have
been extremely well subscribed to - which speaks of the high regard
for the quality of this amp.

Prasad

As I am a noob and have zero DIY skills I was kind of hoping if Siva can help build a unit for me ...

This is a valid point. Most of up do not have DIY skills. But asking Siva may be taxing him. It is too early but we may seek one volunteer per city who has the will, ability & where withal to undertake the work on behalf of willing members for a fee. Also, we must also seek other components like transformer & chassis as group buy. Scouting for one or two pieces individually is not only unfruitful but also much more expensive.

I'll be interested in picking up 2 kits to make a stereo amp.

Let me know about payment, etc.

I have a friend here in Bangalore (PHilip Isaacs of Lizzner Electronics) who should be willing and able to assemble it, if needed.

Some specification of this amp (Copy pasted from web)
* Passing band (typical-3db): 2Hz-70Khz
* The maximum power (8ohm): 40Wrms
* The maximum power (4ohm): 56Wrms
* Damping factor (8ohm): >200
* Relationship S/N (600ohm): >96 dB not weighed
* Typical THD (20Hz-20Khz, 1-40W 8ohm <0,05%

@ Gobble ~ Yes, this was too tempting to let go.
@ GeorgeO ~ Uptill now I see three people interested in complete build unit. Can you give rough estimate of it from your friend.

Interest in kit so far
Keith ~ 2 Stereo Kit
me ~ 1 Stereo Kit
gopib ~ 1 Stereo Kit
anilva ~ 1 Stereo Kit
gautamz ~ 1 Stereo Kit

In Chennai, we have Mathew Syriac, who has also become our member of our forum. He is young, enthusiastic and energetic and has the ability, will & where withal to undertake the projects. I'm sure he will undertake the work.

Interest in kit so far
Keith ~ 2 Stereo Kit
me ~ 1 Stereo Kit
gopib ~ 1 Stereo Kit
anilva ~ 1 Stereo Kit
gautamz ~ 1 Stereo Kit

Hi Hiten,

I had expressed interest in the earlier thread and didn't think it was necessary to opt in again. Anyways, I'm interested in a pair for stereo application.

Rgds

Rajesh

For those who want to see how the boards look, here's the amp
I made from the MyRef group buy at DIYAudio last year.
The boards Siva is making are going to be a bit larger to accomodate
better parts and hence will look slightly different.

Picasa Web Albums - Prasad - Mauro MyRef-RevC

Prasad, neat job! Love the enclosure. Simple & functional. Where did you get it from?

Sorry Captain, Looks like I am dumb at Calculation. I also forgot Gobble :eek:

Interest in kit so far
Keith ~ 2 Stereo Kit
me ~ 1 Stereo Kit
gopib ~ 1 Stereo Kit
anilva ~ 1 Stereo Kit
gautamz ~ 1 Stereo Kit
Gobble ~ 1 Stereo Kit
Captrajesh ~ 1 Stereo Kit

Last edited:
People Interested in CBU :

kittu1977
denom

any one else please feel free to add to this. And +1 to captain's thoughts all financial aspects have to be completely taken care by the buyer including parts , assembling charges etc .,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back