Harman Kardon AVR-132 or Denon AVR-1707 or Onkyo - TXSR 304 E

listen check the onkyo HTS5100 7.1 channel with HDMI and ipod dock.:)

I don't intend to use a 7.1 speaker package in any case.I'll use 5.1 only.Reason I was looking into Denon AVR-1508 is HDMI,whereas Onkyo says only component in/out.What difference will that make considering that I'll use a HDMI upscaling DVD player and a LCD TV.

Please clarify :)

Hi,

I guess the price for that is Rs 40,000.Wouldn't the Jamo+Onkyo combo sound better than the Onkyo 5100 ? In any case 7.1 is of no use as such because I believe there are hardly any movies which use 7.1. Also regarding HDMI as I could understand from others in this forum,the onkyo receiver doesn't do any processing but only HDMI pass through ( Am I right?)

What say others ?

refer to:
http://www.hifivision.com/surround-a...t-s5100-2.html
(abbey4u: Hello with a basic review of Onkyo HT-S5100
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi to all audio/video enthusiast. I joined this forum in search of information for Home theatre system and this proved good for me.

Last week i bought the HTS 5100. My requirement was a good value for money home theater system and the HTS 5100 came by. I am not an audio enthusiast so I can't give a detailed review but overall I liked the system. It has three HDMI input (passthough) which serves the connectivity. I installed it in my drawing room and has to hook the speakers at a height of 8 ft, which is not recommended but since I had no option left I had to do that.

It sounds good both for music and movie. when compared to denon ( had 5.1 setup with Jamo speakers) at the time of demo, i found this better for movies and denon was better for music.

overall i am satisfied with my decision. one point i forgot to mention th ipod dock which is good to have feature as you can control your ipod with remote)
=========================================

I don't intend to use a 7.1 speaker package in any case.I'll use 5.1 only.Reason I was looking into Denon AVR-1508 is HDMI,whereas Onkyo says only component in/out.What difference will that make considering that I'll use a HDMI upscaling DVD player and a LCD TV.

Please clarify :)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back