Has anyone tried building a Linkwitz Labs Thor subwoofer?

abhijitnath

I'm planning to diy a sub to go with my Magnepan mains, and thought a dipole idea like the Linkwitz would be a good place to start. Has anyone tried building these? Are these tough for a beginner to make? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I'm planning to diy a sub to go with my Magnepan mains, and thought a dipole idea like the Linkwitz would be a good place to start. Has anyone tried building these? Are these tough for a beginner to make? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

If your query is about Thor - it's a sealed sub. Phoenix is the dipole design, crossing it with your magnepans might not be an easy task. Seigfried uses 4 filter stages before the woofer - Crossover/EQ.

IMHO Martin King's H frame woofer with Goldwood GW-1858 will be easier to build and integrate with your planars - Jordan JX92S OB with a Goldwood GW-1858 Woofer in an H Frame Project

Last edited:
Phil Bamberg also offered a sub design, quite simple.It was a ported design using dual Peerless drivers. You may want to check his site out for more info.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back