has anyone tried these speakers?

jaudere

Hi,

while talking about speakers everyone is talking about Wharfdales, polk audio, jamo,MS,B &W, JBL, PSB and so on.

I was on hunt for my first descent audio system. I went into Mohan electronics on lamington road, mumbai which deals in Pro equipments and i saw a totally different line of equipments
Nx audio, Turbosound, Satan, australian monitor etc.

what i liked in speakers the most was nx audio PS 6" : Installation speakers. plastic cabinet(i don't know what audiophiles will call me after reading this.:rolleyes:) 80 W RMS , 8 ohm, one 6" full range speaker and 1 one inch silk dome tweeter. frequency response 55Hz to 18kHz, sens 93dB (1w/m). so probably reasonably sensitive. they were connecetd to nx audio CD player and some power amp (i think australian monitor).

before i listened to them, i had listened to PSBs at lakozy , Sonodynes, JBLs at JBL-HK showroom at Atria mall, Jamos and infinity. what i liked most was JBL 3 way 4 driver floor standers , can't remember model( costing rs 60000, way beyond my rs 25000 budget). in all other speakers in my budget, this nx audio PS 6" was the best to my ears. the cost was an absolute surprise to me. Rs 6600/- for a pair with VAT and 1 year warranty.

Luckily i had read many posts saying "believe in your ears more than anything else while choosing speakers". So i went for these speakers.
I do use a subwoofer set up( mainly for movies). my AV receiver is yamaha RXV 361.

If my budget and space had allowed, i would have bought those JBL towers ( i found them better than a PSB model costing more than 2 lacs at lakozy) but in less than Rs 25000, whatever i auditioned in bookshelves, some how these plastic cabinet speakers pleased me the most.

anyone having similar or opposite experience?

Hi,

while talking about speakers everyone is talking about Wharfdales, polk audio, jamo,MS,B &W, JBL, PSB and so on.

I was on hunt for my first descent audio system. I went into Mohan electronics on lamington road, mumbai which deals in Pro equipments and i saw a totally different line of equipments
Nx audio, Turbosound, Satan, australian monitor etc.

what i liked in speakers the most was nx audio PS 6" : Installation speakers. plastic cabinet(i don't know what audiophiles will call me after reading this.:rolleyes:) 80 W RMS , 8 ohm, one 6" full range speaker and 1 one inch silk dome tweeter. frequency response 55Hz to 18kHz, sens 93dB (1w/m). so probably reasonably sensitive. they were connecetd to nx audio CD player and some power amp (i think australian monitor).

before i listened to them, i had listened to PSBs at lakozy , Sonodynes, JBLs at JBL-HK showroom at Atria mall, Jamos and infinity. what i liked most was JBL 3 way 4 driver floor standers , can't remember model( costing rs 60000, way beyond my rs 25000 budget). in all other speakers in my budget, this nx audio PS 6" was the best to my ears. the cost was an absolute surprise to me. Rs 6600/- for a pair with VAT and 1 year warranty.

Luckily i had read many posts saying "believe in your ears more than anything else while choosing speakers". So i went for these speakers.
I do use a subwoofer set up( mainly for movies). my AV receiver is yamaha RXV 361.

If my budget and space had allowed, i would have bought those JBL towers ( i found them better than a PSB model costing more than 2 lacs at lakozy) but in less than Rs 25000, whatever i auditioned in bookshelves, some how these plastic cabinet speakers pleased me the most.

anyone having similar or opposite experience?

dude if you are satisfied with the equipment thats all that matter sin the end. Sometimes spending even lakhs of money on equipment people are not satisfied. So just chill......

some pics would be welcome and a detailed review would be appreciated too:eek:

dude if you are satisfied with the equipment thats all that matter sin the end. Sometimes spending even lakhs of money on equipment people are not satisfied. So just chill......

some pics would be welcome and a detailed review would be appreciated too:eek:

Jaudere, saw the ps6 speakers in the photo link you had provided in the other thread. Looks neat and from your posts, I guess it sounds the same way too.
I have seen Australian monitor amps in Barista cafe. Maybe because of the specific purpose and speakers used, the sound was very laidback, as it should be in a cafe.

Hi i Audio,

during audiotion, the nx Audio PS 6 were connected to australian monitor.At home they are connected to Yamaha. getiing good output. they will become my surrounds once (god knows when :eek:) i get floorstanders

I had a request. please explain me the terms like "laid back" or "bright". just can't get any meaning out of terms like these

all that i could think is that bright may mean more emphasis on high freq and laid back is better lower end freq. is that right?

regards,

The JBL's you are referring to are probably one of the ES series.....could be the ES 100....if they had two dual 10" woofers, they would be the ES 100.
Just FYI...

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back