Has anyone used vPost?

Hello folks!

It has been quite a while since the shipment arrived at the vpost usabranch (23rd) from AMAZON, but no news except that my shipment has been processed on 24th and shipped out of USA on 28/12/09, which I guess is not true.

So, as far as communication goes, vpost seems to be doing a bad job as of now. Also, seems one cannot track the package till it reaches singapore from USA or anywhere, so one cannot be sure of what is going on in the interim.

Will keep this thread posted at various stages of my transaction with vpost.

Hello folks!

It has been quite a while since the shipment arrived at the vpost usabranch (23rd) from AMAZON, but no news except that my shipment has been processed on 24th and shipped out of USA on 28/12/09, which I guess is not true.

So, as far as communication goes, vpost seems to be doing a bad job as of now. Also, seems one cannot track the package till it reaches singapore from USA or anywhere, so one cannot be sure of what is going on in the interim.

Will keep this thread posted at various stages of my transaction with vpost.

It is an intial stage to comment on VPOST since exactly we both landed on the holiday period and exactly one day before christmas our goods got delivered to their godown... So we cannot expect to be processed till 30th dec...since it is a long holiday for them.

I have orderered WDTV live on 28th Dec/ Reached them on 30th and processed on 31st.. So that may be the real test to check their process..

Regards

Srini

I have used it, to ship from amazon. the idea was to get free shipping from amazon to vpost collection centre and then ship here. I was ordering blu-rays (disks).

my experience was not been very good. to begin with; Amazon split my shipment into 5. vpost shows value only if you have big bulky shipments - 5 smaller shipments mean higher costs.

however the bigger (much bigger problem) with vpost is the logistics provider that they use for the singapore -india leg. they have tied up with TCI-XPS which, in my limited experience (5 consignments) is the worst logistics company you can deal with.

I must have ordered movies at least 10 times from amazon using their either standard or priority shipping, with invoices values ranging from 25 usd to 300 usd. in all cases; there has been no stress in terms of any effort required, the stuff comes, clears customs, courier informs of the duty, if any, and it's paid COD.

with vPost and TCI-XPS; first, even if you are based in mumbai, they will ship to chennai. then the fun starts - first they want a copy of the invoice (which is complicated for a split amazon shipment) in anycase amazon includes an invoice of shipped items with the package. vpost also has a copy which you sent to them for them to match packages. TCI-XPS wants yet another copy. after that, they want a declaration as to the contents and the use of the contents. once they have recieved these docs, they willt ake 3-5 days to get the stuff to you. so instead of the promised 8-12 days - it's more like 20-25 days.

Of course, you could be "lucky" like me and have an even "better" experience.. the tci-xps guy handling my shipment; went on leave. In an effort to provide "personalised service" he decided that he would not hand over information about the consignment to anyone and deal with it when he comes back. consequently., everyone in TCI chennai has no clue about my consignment and are waiting for the person to get back (he been gone about a week, and may be gone for yet another week) - out of 5 shipments I have recieved 2 - the remaining are at the mercy of the almighty.

the best part is the vpost website if you creat your login as an India customer and click on the "contact us" button; you will be redirected to the singapore website where your log-in credentials don't work.. net net -- no way of contacting vPost.

finally, I left a message on the facebook page.. where I am awaiting a response.

overall the service is not confidence inspiring.. may make sense if you orderign something bulky (i.e from parts express - a plate amp, a subwoofer etc) otherwise, any savings that they promise is not worth the extra stress and follow up that you would need to do. and the fact that it's close to impossible to get through to vPost is frightening.

cheers

You are too late here... You could have intimated this earlier... anyway i am in chennai and can get solved things easily with less difficulties:sad:..

Hi,

I wish you had made this post earlier Kapvin! You have added more fuel to the fire! Anyway, thanks for your post, much appreciated! I already started calling/pestering Singapore post guys regarding my shipment.

I am also based in Chennai, so I think the agony should be less for me:eek:hyeah:. Thanks for the information on paperwork needed.

I called up singapore post today on the 65 number given on website, it went full ring, no one picked up, called again and then got someone by name of "Nasha Sayed" on line who promised that my shipment was out of US on 30th and I would get the same by next week. Only God knows!

Srini sir and myself will keep this thread posted on our experience with vpost.

Cheers!

Hi fellow forum members. I'm from Chennai & have joined the forum recently. I'm in the process of setting up my home theatre room in my flat. The amp is going to be Denon 1910 coming to me from the USA through a friend in a week or 2. I plan to source the speakers locally & plan to go in for either cambridge or wharfedale with front tower speakers.

I've been longing to buy a turntable & finally ordered an Audio technica ATLP120 from amazon.com, to be shipped by vpost. The item has been deld at vpost US address & is awaiting my payment.

Srini & venkatesh - did u guys get any good discount on the shipping rates of vpost. I missed the 50% discount offer by icici as I ordered my item on 30th dec. They seem to have coupon codes now for 20% only. Would welcome ur feedback as it would help me save money. If u have any valid codes, i request you to pls pm them to me.

With regard to kapvin's post on TCI-XPS, I fully agree with him though the feedback has come a little late. I've dealt with XPS for my business & have found them to be the worst logistics provider. So much so that when I order goods from my suppliers, I specify clearly that XPS should not be used.

regards

Arvind

Hi arvind,

I have 2 ICCIC Credit card and I used the 50% offer of ICICI for one shipping( speakers) with one card & another item WDTV Live for 30% offer by ICICI with another card.

NO other promo code is there... However try with same ICICI code luckily it may be thru..

Worked out less comparing others.. If discount is not there for shipping price is similar to other websites..

Keeping fingers crossed till it reaches us..

Hi fellow forum members. I'm from Chennai & have joined the forum recently. I'm in the process of setting up my home theatre room in my flat. The amp is going to be Denon 1910 coming to me from the USA through a friend in a week or 2. I plan to source the speakers locally & plan to go in for either cambridge or wharfedale with front tower speakers.

I've been longing to buy a turntable & finally ordered an Audio technica ATLP120 from amazon.com, to be shipped by vpost. The item has been deld at vpost US address & is awaiting my payment.

Srini & venkatesh - did u guys get any good discount on the shipping rates of vpost. I missed the 50% discount offer by icici as I ordered my item on 30th dec. They seem to have coupon codes now for 20% only. Would welcome ur feedback as it would help me save money. If u have any valid codes, i request you to pls pm them to me.

With regard to kapvin's post on TCI-XPS, I fully agree with him though the feedback has come a little late. I've dealt with XPS for my business & have found them to be the worst logistics provider. So much so that when I order goods from my suppliers, I specify clearly that XPS should not be used.

regards

Arvind

Hi Arvind,

As of now, there are no other discounts, other than the 20% mentioned by you.

Cheers!

Hi arvind,

I have 2 ICCIC Credit card and I used the 50% offer of ICICI for one shipping( speakers) with one card & another item WDTV Live for 30% offer by ICICI with another card.

NO other promo code is there... However try with same ICICI code luckily it may be thru..

Worked out less comparing others.. If discount is not there for shipping price is similar to other websites..

Keeping fingers crossed till it reaches us..

No srini, the 50% discount coupon code is being rejected as it is past expiry date. So, i'm just waiting to see if any new coupon codes are introduced. the 20% discount is valid till 31st march 2010. thanks to u & venkatesh for the prompt replies.

Arvind

Just try another attempt, change ur computer date to 31st dec, 2009 and try once with ICICI code..:lol:

Just try another attempt, change ur computer date to 31st dec, 2009 and try once with ICICI code..:lol:

Nice try.... But for that to work, i would have to reset the date in vpost's server to 31 dec 2009. I don't think it would work if i change the date in my computer alone

Arvind

Hi,

I wish you had made this post earlier Kapvin! You have added more fuel to the fire! Anyway, thanks for your post, much appreciated! I already started calling/pestering Singapore post guys regarding my shipment.

I am also based in Chennai, so I think the agony should be less for me:eek:hyeah:. Thanks for the information on paperwork needed.

I called up singapore post today on the 65 number given on website, it went full ring, no one picked up, called again and then got someone by name of "Nasha Sayed" on line who promised that my shipment was out of US on 30th and I would get the same by next week. Only God knows!

Srini sir and myself will keep this thread posted on our experience with vpost.

Cheers!

Hi guys,

I guess I should have posted earlier; though you can take some vicarious pleasure from the fact that today; for the 5th day in running; I was promised by tci-xps that they " will deliver the parcels tomorrow, saar, by 12 o clock"

also the lady you spoke to is Nasha Saledz (not sayed), customer relationship officer. she finally replied to my mails today saying that my parcels are "stuck at customs" and that she will get back to me "once she has more info" - talk about helpful.. when I replied to her e-mail.. this is the response i got - this is to a mail i recieved today..

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting vPost.

Please note that this mailbox is closed with effect from 1 Jan 2010, any
enquiry/ feedback submitted to this mailbox will not be attended to.
Please submit your Enquiry/ Feedback on our vPost services via online
Contact Singpost.
<http://www.singpost.com/feedback/feedback_sp1.asp> .

To submit invoices, please follow the guidelines
https://www.vpost.com.sg/helpdesk/invsub.html
<https://www.vpost.com.sg/helpdesk/invsub.html> as provided.

Yours Faithfully,

Customer Relations Department

Customer Service

Business Division

Singapore Post Limited (Reg No. 199201623M)

really confidence inspiring; Na?

though I've never used 20north; it seems to be the better option for the future.. at 20north you would deal with one person who sits in bangalore.. with vpost, you are dealing with amazon (or whoever your seller is), vpost and of coures the great XPS guys.. and the latter 2; is like talking to a brick wall..

take care and happy new year..

kdp

Last edited:
Hi,

Today, I had called up singpost customer care twice and the second time I got a person on the phone and expressed my :mad: to him and asked him about my shipment. He gave me a reply which sounded very typical of a customer care guy, but I finally got the info. Now, my shipment status has been updated in the singapore post website, and the shipment is now at the "Air Transit Center" to be shipped.

I bought the item on 19th, got delivered by Amazon on 22nd to vpost usa, processed by Vpost usa on 23rd and 24th, shipped on 28th, reached singapore by 31st, shipped from singapore on 5th (dont know this is after my passing my compliments to them). I dont know if this is due to holiday season or it is their style of functioning.

Keep my fingers crossed!:sad:

Cheers!

Hi,

Today, I had called up singpost customer care twice and the second time I got a person on the phone and expressed my :mad: to him and asked him about my shipment. He gave me a reply which sounded very typical of a customer care guy, but I finally got the info. Now, my shipment status has been updated in the singapore post website, and the shipment is now at the "Air Transit Center" to be shipped.

I bought the item on 19th, got delivered by Amazon on 22nd to vpost usa, processed by Vpost usa on 23rd and 24th, shipped on 28th, reached singapore by 31st, shipped from singapore on 5th (dont know this is after my passing my compliments to them). I dont know if this is due to holiday season or it is their style of functioning.

Keep my fingers crossed!:sad:

Cheers!

Hi... If vPost is shipping into India through tci-xps, the best is yet to come.:cool: Would suggest you keep the following documents ready in soft copy...

1. the invoice
2. A declaration of the product inside and the intended use.

of course it is only xps which asks for this info and data...

cheers and all the best..

Hi Kapvin,

What does it mean by "Handover to Airline." This is the status of my shipment. Did they hand it over to Singapore Airlines again, so that it can go on a circle in singapore:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Cheers!

I got next update for second order-WDTV Live after "Handover to Airline" to " "Received at Destination Transit Centre " & next "departed from Destination Transit Centre" . Hope it has reached chennai and out for delivery to Bglr where the destination is...

Last edited:
Hi,

Wow, here it goes. The shipment had been held by customs for 2 days and was released yesterday .:clapping:

I think we can expect more fun hereafter....also, singpost confirmed that they used TCI-XPS to deliver packages to India, so I am prepared with the documents. Hopefully, I can expect the shipment by next week.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Srini, Venkatesh - a question for u guys. How do u contact vpost - is it by email or by phone? If u have an email address, pls send it to me. I'm also following in ur footsteps. I've ordered a turntable from Amazon on 31 dec. From what i gather from your posts, it will take a minimum of 20 days for it to arrive. I've ordered stuff from France by post for my business & it took more than 2 weeks to arrive. So i guess it should take at least a week longer considering that it goes to Singapore & comes back. I guess we Chennai guys are more adventurous when it comes to ordering from vpost. Right now my shipment status is "Processing at Air Transit centre". Don't know whether if this is at US or Singapore. I hope it's Singapore.

Arvind

Hi Arvind,

As per your status it is at Singapore transit centre.. Next status will be "Hand over to airline / Departure from Air transit centre/ Arrived at Destination / Held by customs or Left from Destination transit centre

Please note that Vpost is using EMS speedpost or TCI-XPS, our both items were sent by EMS and venkatesh items received today morning to this nearest post office and he got a call to pick it up and mine is still held by customs for clearance.

E-mail id is : [email protected]

Regards

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back