Has anyone used vPost?

Wow... that is good news! Hope your try out over the weekend is smooth and eventful in a good way. Do keep us updated..

Congrats once again on your new acquisition. More tempted to make that trip to Chennai... Where in Chennai are you put up?

Regards,
Sreedhar.

In the meantime WDTV Live received by my cousin was checked/unpacked and it is in perfect condition and there is no transit damage.. Moreover it has been hooked to an External hard disk and tried by him and it was playing perfectly... So half well crossed..:licklips:

ICICI Bank Promo code for 50% & 30%( for first purchase) off on shipping cost has been extended till 28th Feb, 2010.

Those who are inclined toward vpost can utilise this offer.:)

Hi Guys,

Ordered the WD TV Live today on amazon thro Vpost. Took Srinisundar's advice and placed the order.I think i may get it in Jan end or Feb 1st week.Since the delivery is to Chennai itself from Chennai customs i may get it sooner than srini's BIL in Bangalore.

cheers,
sri

Hi Guys,

Ordered the WD TV Live today on amazon thro Vpost. Took Srinisundar's advice and placed the order.I think i may get it in Jan end or Feb 1st week.Since the delivery is to Chennai itself from Chennai customs i may get it sooner than srini's BIL in Bangalore.

cheers,
sri

Congrats on your order and wish you good luck with Vpost:)

Hi guys,

I've got an important update reg the status of my shipment. The shipment arrived in Chennai airport on 11th jan & since then, the status has been "Held by customs at destination". I waited to see if the status changed y'day (as almost the whole of last week was holidays due to Pongal). Just as I was getting ready to call vpost Singapore, i checked my mailbox & found a letter from Customs. The letter was dated 13th jan!!!

I have been asked to provide a copy of the invoice, a copy of my IE (import export) code & working for duty calculation. Since I'm importing for personal use, IE code does not apply. I've handed over the copies to my clearing & handling agent (CHA) who handles all my business shipments. I'll know the results by today/ tomorrow.

After all the formalities are completed, the shipment will be released & EMS speed post will deliver it to me.

I strongly advise all u guys NOT TO USE vpost hereafter. It might be cheaper but it's not worth the hassle. Try someone like borderlinx as they use courier companies like DHL etc who handle all these issues by themselves & deliver to you. For all of those who have ordered using vpost already, let's be prepared to face the challenges & hope for the best.

regards

Arvind

Hi guys,

I've got an important update reg the status of my shipment. The shipment arrived in Chennai airport on 11th jan & since then, the status has been "Held by customs at destination". I waited to see if the status changed y'day (as almost the whole of last week was holidays due to Pongal). Just as I was getting ready to call vpost Singapore, i checked my mailbox & found a letter from Customs. The letter was dated 13th jan!!!

I have been asked to provide a copy of the invoice, a copy of my IE (import export) code & working for duty calculation. Since I'm importing for personal use, IE code does not apply. I've handed over the copies to my clearing & handling agent (CHA) who handles all my business shipments. I'll know the results by today/ tomorrow.

After all the formalities are completed, the shipment will be released & EMS speed post will deliver it to me.

I strongly advise all u guys NOT TO USE vpost hereafter. It might be cheaper but it's not worth the hassle. Try someone like borderlinx as they use courier companies like DHL etc who handle all these issues by themselves & deliver to you. For all of those who have ordered using vpost already, let's be prepared to face the challenges & hope for the best.

regards

Arvind

Hi Arvind,

If you have received the letter, you could have directly gone to the customs apprisals officer in Meenambakkam post office just opposite to Blue Dart Cargo complex there.. I dont think there is hassle in this.. Day to day life is Hassle, nothing is hassle free.

To all.............

But one thing i am making it very clear,,,,,,, Handling is VVVVVVVvery poor, today i have been to the EMS office in Meenambakkam( foreign post) and they are just throwing like all the goods like anything starting from getting down from Van and taking to first floor for apprisal for customs then repacking them and throwing downward for Delivery van.. All are thrown like a Garbage bag.... Please note that all work were done by Young Coolis like contract labours engaged on daily basis..They never care for the stuffs which is bigger/smaller..

Costly goods can be avoided in VPOST(any courier company) and small stuffs which will not break(anything is there except stone???) can be ordered... But all the courier companies are like this only including DHL.... I have received the screens from DHL in Poor conditon/packing was torned and inside body was slightly in damaged condtion..

Your luck should follow the goods till it reach your hands whether it is borderlinx / 20North / Vpost....

Good! You have guts to order on VPOST after seeing my post:lol: No harm, as i told it is purely an luck for all electronic goods ordered from abroad..

Goodluck fo your order.. Update with the price you ordered and shipping cost too. Dont forget to use the 50% ICICI code during bill paying...

vPOST Reply (GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE) :clapping:

Dear Mr Chakrabarty,

Greetings from vPOST.

We have the understanding that you have made payment for your shipping charges for shipment EV*********SG where the 20% was not reflected.

We will assist to refund you the 20% discount. Please be infomred all promo Code discounts does not include. The 20% refund will be reversed to your Pay Pal account.

Nasha Saledz
Customer Service Officer, Customer
Relations
Customer Service (Business Division)
Singapore Post Limited (Reg No. 199201623M)

vPOST Reply (GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE) :clapping:

Dear Mr Chakrabarty,

Greetings from vPOST.

We have the understanding that you have made payment for your shipping charges for shipment EV*********SG where the 20% was not reflected.

We will assist to refund you the 20% discount. Please be infomred all promo Code discounts does not include. The 20% refund will be reversed to your Pay Pal account.

Nasha Saledz
Customer Service Officer, Customer
Relations
Customer Service (Business Division)
Singapore Post Limited (Reg No. 199201623M)

Hi,

I am glad that you are happy now with Vpost. But since they are sending items to India through EMS, there is a 98% chance for your item to be held at customs and there are people here who paid different rates for the same product and from same origin.

So, do post your views after you receive your product as well and share your experience.

Cheers!

EV*********SG
Singapore
India

Held by Customs at Destination

03/02/2010 02:00 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

06/02/2010 Held by Customs at Destination ????????

Last edited:
Third class courier TCI-XPS call me today and tell please send Rs1386 bank draft. Another delay of minimum 7 days.

So u started enjoying the tunes with TCI-XPS... It is clear that VPOST is using EMS & TC-XPS... My last 2 consignments came thru EMS...If you need help from chennai think about us...

Hi,

If your player did not cost you more than $100, then I think the amount charged towards duty and other charges is way too high.

Ask them to send the custom invoice and breakup to you through email or post before sending the draft. Dont send the draft without seeing the proper invoice and breakup.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Hi,

If your player did not cost you more than $100, then I think the amount charged towards duty and other charges is way too high.

Ask them to send the custom invoice and breakup to you through email or post before sending the draft. Dont send the draft without seeing the proper invoice and breakup.

Cheers,

What is breakup ?

Hi,

It was available for 6.5K with free HDMI cable in ebay.in. Pls do get the invoice details and break-ups before sending the draft. These guys try to charge more tax if the customer is not aware of the procedures. On a max they can charge around 15-18% with some 200-300 bucks for local handling charges.

Break-up means:
1. Customs Duty.
2. Postal charges.
3. Other handling charges.
4. Do ask for the value they took for calculating customs.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back