Has anyone used vPost?

Hi,

It was available for 6.5K with free HDMI cable in ebay.in. Pls do get the invoice details and break-ups before sending the draft. These guys try to charge more tax if the customer is not aware of the procedures. On a max they can charge around 15-18% with some 200-300 bucks for local handling charges.

Break-up means:
1. Customs Duty.
2. Postal charges.
3. Other handling charges.
4. Do ask for the value they took for calculating customs.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

THANKS for your advice.

Hi,

There are 3 options for you to buy Pana BD60:
1. 20north - safest and most reliable, as per our member's views, with good overall service.
2. Vpost - 3.25 out of 5, but works out much cheaper than the above sometimes.
3. Borderlinx - This works only if you have a citibank card.

Cheers,

although this thread is about vPost, just wanted to share that my experience with singpost was very good..
I chose the speedpost service, air delivery. They had a offer for 10kg for S105$ and 25kg for about S125$.
My parcel was picked up on Monday and reached Chennai on the same Thursday, was with chennai customs, was finally delivered at my place on next wednesday, after discussing and negotiating with tcixps( the indian company handling the delivery). The only thing that was surprising was the shipment didnt come directly to Delhi.

although this thread is about vPost, just wanted to share that my experience with singpost was very good..
I chose the speedpost service, air delivery. They had a offer for 10kg for S105$ and 25kg for about S125$.
My parcel was picked up on Monday and reached Chennai on the same Thursday, was with chennai customs, was finally delivered at my place on next wednesday, after discussing and negotiating with tcixps( the indian company handling the delivery). The only thing that was surprising was the shipment didnt come directly to Delhi.

Hi,

All items coming to India through Singpost arrive at Chennai first, regardless of your location, and then it is dispatached. If you belong to North, then you TCI-XPS and South, use EMS:sad:.

Cheers!

TCI-XPS call me and told me please send the bank draft for customs charge. Please share your experience about this matter.(customs duty,handling charge etc) do you send the bank draft ?

Last edited:
TCI-XPS call me and told me please send the bank draft for customs charge. Please share your experience about this matter.(customs duty,handling charge etc) do you send the bank draft ?

well in my case tci-xps paid customs on my behalf..
they confirmed it through email..and i paid in cash later at the time of actual delivery.. i asked for the detailed breakup of charges.. although i felt something fishy with the amount of customs duty levied coz the MRP on which the duty was levied was higher than the market price. when i gave them the actual market price they said that if they negotiate with customs chances are that the price comes out even higher..
apart from that overall my experience was fine..
i had the mob no of the guy in chennai, then the guy in delhi and the actual delivery guy, so there were no problems in the delivery.
handling charges were told to be 5% of the customs duty paid..

well in my case tci-xps paid customs on my behalf..
they confirmed it through email..and i paid in cash later at the time of actual delivery.. i asked for the detailed breakup of charges.. although i felt something fishy with the amount of customs duty levied coz the MRP on which the duty was levied was higher than the market price. when i gave them the actual market price they said that if they negotiate with customs chances are that the price comes out even higher..
apart from that overall my experience was fine..
i had the mob no of the guy in chennai, then the guy in delhi and the actual delivery guy, so there were no problems in the delivery.
handling charges were told to be 5% of the customs duty paid..

Which TCI-XPS branch handle your shipment mine ALANDUR Branch [email protected] mob no of chennai guy 9382893650.

Enough Venkat....No more comments please, please bear in mind you are commenting on one of the greatest departments, who SERVES for the people :lol: who acts as communication link on earlier days when there is no phone,no internet :lol: Great Guys deserves a LOT :lol:

Hi,

You are not aware of the real scenario about EMS, as of now, I would wind up by just saying "EMS is not so good", keep watching the thread for more details about the scam they involved in.

Cheers,

vPOST Reply (GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE) :clapping:

Dear Mr Chakrabarty,

Greetings from vPOST.

We have the understanding that you have made payment for your shipping charges for shipment EV*********SG where the 20% was not reflected.

We will assist to refund you the 20% discount. Please be infomred all promo Code discounts does not include. The 20% refund will be reversed to your Pay Pal account.

Nasha Saledz
Customer Service Officer, Customer
Relations
Customer Service (Business Division)
Singapore Post Limited (Reg No. 199201623M)

vPOST refund my 20% DIscount. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Good U got your stuff + refund also... Could you please post the tax breakup for the stuff received thru TCI.

Regards

HISTORY OF MARATHON SHIPPING

Dv-420V-K : US$78.89

Amazon Prime Shipping : US$15.93

vPOST Shipping Charge : S$63.26

Indian Customs Duty :mad: : Rs1320.00

TCI-XPS Handling Charge : Rs66.00

Order Date : 22 JAN 2010

vPOST USA Delivery date : 25 JAN 2010

vPost Billing Date / Processed Date : 28 JAN 2010

Held by Customs : 02 FEB 2010

TCI-XPS Delivery Date : 09 FEB 2010

Item arrived in very good condition.

HISTORY OF MARATHON SHIPPING

Dv-420V-K : US$78.89

Amazon Prime Shipping : US$15.93

vPOST Shipping Charge : S$63.26

Indian Customs Duty :mad: : Rs1320.00

TCI-XPS Handling Charge : Rs66.00

Order Date : 22 JAN 2010

vPOST USA Delivery date : 25 JAN 2010

vPost Billing Date / Processed Date : 28 JAN 2010

Held by Customs : 02 FEB 2010

TCI-XPS Delivery Date : 09 FEB 2010

Item arrived in very good condition.

Hi,

Srini Sir, do you sense something?

Cheers!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back