Has anyone used vPost?

Hi,

+1 to Srini sir's post. I got my shipment cleared by customs yesterday. It reached the local postoffice by 3:00 am today and I have a guy (who handles our area) in the local post office who informed me via phone about the parcel and asked me to urge immediately. I went there and paid him 500 bucks and the customs and other documentation were missing. He provided me the parcel so the effective price for my BDP is 5499 (price) + 2129 (vpost shipping + 500 (customs:licklips:) = 8128/-

You can contact them on 006562225777, preferably before 3:30 p.m. Let me know if you have any further queries via pm.

Cheers!

Venkatesh,,, Congrats on receiving the product on good condition( especialy with very cheap price).... :clapping:

Will test it out soon in my PJ + Srikarv house with his new PV8 or Ram house...ofcourse with their permission..

hi,

hat is this vpost means and is it like the 20north.com adn ebay ?

clear my doubt, at it would be a dumbust one i think?

thanks.:rolleyes:

hi,

hat is this vpost means and is it like the 20north.com adn ebay ?

clear my doubt, at it would be a dumbust one i think?

thanks.:rolleyes:

Hi,

20north and ebay take the whole responsibility including purchase, transaction, delivery, etc. Whereas Vpost takes care only of the shipping part of the product, by providing you their local addresses in different countries where you can ship the products you buy from online sites to.

Cheers!

Venkatesh,,, Congrats on receiving the product on good condition( especialy with very cheap price).... :clapping:

Will test it out soon in my PJ + Srikarv house with his new PV8 or Ram house...ofcourse with their permission..

Thank you Sir. In fact, you are the one who suggested Vpost. You have kept me from going mad throughout the transaction!

We can do that, I am waiting for that moment. Will send a PM to srikarkav and ram!:licklips:

Cheers!

In life we should have patience for everything ( to hear )... including AV sound or sound from our wife:lol:

MAD makes us DAMn.

Venkatesh,

congrats on getting your Blu-ray player.. and that too at an excellent price!

one question though; did you get it in the last leg through xps or some other courier?

the duty you paid is amazing. for some 11 HD-DVDs and 6 Blay rays; I had to pay 1095/-. I was to exhausted with the battel to actually get my stuff after all the issues that I paid it without question (though I did make them suffer for about a day:p

But now I cannot under the dicotomy in duty- that part shipment of BDs / HD-DVDs package cost about 4000/- including shipping (HD dvds were USD3 inlcl shipping)!

cheers

Kapil

Venkatesh,

congrats on getting your Blu-ray player.. and that too at an excellent price!

one question though; did you get it in the last leg through xps or some other courier?

the duty you paid is amazing. for some 11 HD-DVDs and 6 Blay rays; I had to pay 1095/-. I was to exhausted with the battel to actually get my stuff after all the issues that I paid it without question (though I did make them suffer for about a day:p

But now I cannot under the dicotomy in duty- that part shipment of BDs / HD-DVDs package cost about 4000/- including shipping (HD dvds were USD3 inlcl shipping)!

cheers

Kapil

Hi Kapvin,

These idiots (though they delivered my product) shipped my order via EMS speedpost :lol: (pls imagine). The shipment was held because of missing documentation and the origin and destination was same. I contacted a guy, who is a broker, and he cleared the thing around 11:53 p.m. last night and ensured that it was sent in the first batch morning and left instructions to those postal guys to call and inform me in the first place. Surprisingly, I got a call from a guy, who is known to me, from post office today stating that there is a parcel for me from Singapore, pls sir rush to post office and you can take it along with you immediately. I went there and all necessary docs were missing, I paid him 500 bucks ;) and he gave me the player without another word.

I am in talks with a shipping company and a popular online selling site regarding a tie-up, let me see how it materializes and keep you all posted......so we all can rely on that shipping company for our imports for reasonable cost...THANKS TO HIFIVISION

Cheers!

Hey Venkat,

So you missed the "pleasure" of dealing with XPS.. though from your reply it seems that ems is not much better.

do let us know if something postive comes out of your talks..

cheers & hope your enjoying your hi-def experience..

Kapil

Hey Venkat,

So you missed the "pleasure" of dealing with XPS.. though from your reply it seems that ems is not much better.

do let us know if something postive comes out of your talks..

cheers & hope your enjoying your hi-def experience..

Kapil

Hi,

I had enough "pleasure", probably not as much as you had. I should thank my friend for the customs clearance, otherwise, I would have gone :mad:. You would not believe if I say these people lost all the important papers or Vpost has not attached necessary papers at all.

Cheers!

I got my both Vpost stuffs today, one got delivered at Banglore(to my relative) and one in chennai.

1) Wharf DFS speaker.8 pair-
Processed at Vpost on 24th Dec and got strucked because of holiday season
Left 30th dec to singapore / Reprocessed at singapore on 5th Jan and reached 6th Jan chennai and held at customs and got delivered today(12th jan)..
Packing was very poor by usa merchant, inside all thermocoal was kept in pieces which no body can imagine.. No damage to speakers ofcourse( very little bit in the corner)
Final cost is speaker usd80 + shipping by vpost SGD104 + customs duty Rs.1766( this i am verifing with customs whether it is right or not or any correction made in post office to gain some money), no bill will be given like any other courier company, just an slip will be pasted on the box and will be written over pen. Total cost is Rs.8878

2) WDTV Live

Ordered on 28th Dec in AMZ and reached vpost on 30th dec, sent to singapore on 31st / reprocessed at singapore on 5th and reached the chennai clearing centre on 6th / Got delivered today at banglore 12th Jan.. Not a bad 12 days ...

Cost : WDTV USD109 + Shipping by Vpost SGD 30 + customs duty Rs.900 = Rs.6904....

Overall happy with Vpost, but should have little bit patience since local in india is handled by Indian Post... As like Venkatesh we know some personnels in customs area we can push the material quickly out..

If you have some patience go ahead with VPOSt, dont expect fantastic service like DHL or some other.

Regards

Items received in below condition:::Wharf-speakers

Handle marks a lot.....

dsc04288c.jpg

Tax challan by customs only written in pen...:mad:

dsc04289.jpg

dsc04290fu.jpg

Overall general view...

dsc04291t.jpg

Superb appreciable packing by USA seller:mad:

dsc04292z.jpg

dsc04295n.jpg

After removing.. thanks no damage, very little in the edge there is a ding..

dsc04293dc.jpg

dsc04294p.jpg

dsc04297w.jpg

Last edited:
The condition of the packing may be because of the customs checking.

The chellan seems to be ok. Only thing is that its pasted on the parcel. The chellan is from the Post Office and instead of filling it properly next to the fields they had filled it in their own way (it seems the handwritten abbreviation is same as the field names in the chellan). But there is an editing done to the chellan number. Have you inquired about the original customs duty receipt? Anyways you got it for a lesser pricing than the local market, great..

Last edited:
Thanks Sajith for your reply.

There are possibilities that packing can be disturbed because of customs checks, not all the thermocoal packing is kept in pieces, nothing is in single piece., but great it survived miles of travel.

We are humans:) so still have doubt on the customs duty and manipulation of the cost written in slip..

Regarding original customs duty receipt i asked them quoting i will getting the bill from other courier companies for collecting cash quoting the customs charges, they told the form pasted is the proof, if necessary i can take a xerox and verify at customs:) that is the reply told by them..No other receipt is availble raised by customs..

Hi,

Congrats on your new addition(s)!:clapping:

Actually mine was a lot better than this, actually I think the problem with packing lies with the US seller. As long as the speakers work and do their work, we are :yahoo:

Sir, pls do post your reviews after connecting them to your Marantz.

Cheers!

On adding the woes of packing i forget about working of speaker,, have to hook after sometime with somebody help, never thought it will be big like this..:)

Congrats Srinisundar on your new toys. Hope you enjoy 'em to the fullest! Please do let us know as to how your patience has been rewarded :).

Cheers,
S.

I would suggest people to also try out Shop in the US from India @ 20North - Millions of products, Thousands of brands.
They offer all the products available on amazon.com and most popular US online merchants . What I like about them is they give the option of paying Customs duty on purchase itself.

This was not the case when I once ordered 2 11" digital photo frames via vpost India. The package reached the Singapore office from the US office and then it reached Chennai. Here the customs people asked for Rs.1500 in addition to my vPost shipping charges of Rs.5000. I was not very happy about this last minute charges :sad: .

Although I have not ordered anything from 20north yet, they seem to be a reliable website based in Bangalore.

thanks buddy about 20North... Please take some time to read full forum and old posts... there s no guarantee you will escape from customs duty if you order in gift option from 20north also.. Only ur luck will help..

We want to save the cost, so taking the pain of ordering thru vpost or searching still for any other cheaper options... We very well know the custom duties and charges...still we could save more bucks comparing to 20North..

Charges quoted by 20North for my wharf speaker is 10.900( gift option without custom duties)... atlast i got it for 8xxxx with duty paid... saved 2000bucks..

Charges quoted by 20North for WDTV live is 8xxx for 14 days, i believe i got from vpost for 6xxx in 12 days i could save around 2k. Pain is worth takin to save some bucks...

Congrats Srinisundar on your new toys. Hope you enjoy 'em to the fullest! Please do let us know as to how your patience has been rewarded :).

Cheers,
S.

Thanks sinister,

" Who have patience can rule the World".:). I dont want to rule but only want my speakers to function atlast once it reached me.. May be this weekend i will try it out.

In the meantime WDTV Live received by my cousin was checked/unpacked and it is in perfect condition and there is no transit damage.. Moreover it has been hooked to an External hard disk and tried by him and it was playing perfectly... So half well crossed..:licklips:

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back