Has anyone used vPost?

HISTORY OF MARATHON SHIPPING

Dv-420V-K : US$78.89

Amazon Prime Shipping : US$15.93

vPOST Shipping Charge : S$63.26

Indian Customs Duty :mad: : Rs1320.00

TCI-XPS Handling Charge : Rs66.00

Item arrived in very good condition.

Hmm...So It costed around 7850/- where as In 20north its 7931.
Not bad costwise but only if its a little hassle free.

HI,

As per the bill, it should be 478+14+30+258 = 780. I am so very confused!

Cheers!

Hi venkatesh,

You have missed the orginal customs duty of 10% ie RS 540/-.The final duty comes to a whopping 24.4%!:rolleyes: I don't know where these guys get off.

cheers,
sri

Hi venkatesh,

You have missed the orginal customs duty of 10% ie RS 540/-.The final duty comes to a whopping 24.4%!:rolleyes: I don't know where these guys get off.

cheers,
sri

Hi,

Oh my goodness. Again, 24.4% is completely unacceptable, 15-18% is as per the Chapters.

Cheers!

Please note that you have the freight cost has been added as 20%, so the duty is going up....

Please not the acessible value is calculated for Rs.5406( included the frieght cost of 20% of the product value)

My tax for this consignment which arrived few days back is as below for the HD-DVD Rom from china thru Fedex

1) Value of invoice : $35
2) Product cost : $35 * Rs.46.60( exchange rate)= Rs.1631
3) Freight cost : Rs.344 ( roughly it is 20% of product cost)
4) TOTAL ACCESSIBLE COST TAKEN AS : 1995
5) TAXES : BCD( 7.5%=150 ) + CVD( 8% =172) + CESS(5%=5) + EDU.CESS(3%=10) SAD(4%=93) = TOTAL DUTY RATE (21.55% = 430)
6) FEDEX HANDLING CHARGES = 300 + ( Service tax=31) = 331
7) TOTAL COST FOR TAX AND DUTIES ALONE= Rs.761

It is the tax is coming around 21.55% at final accessible value.. We will cross check with 20North or Borderlinx like this calculation, we will come to know how they are also calculating.

With regards

My tax for this consignment which arrived few days back is as below for the HD-DVD Rom from china thru Fedex

1) Value of invoice : $35
2) Product cost : $35 * Rs.46.60( exchange rate)= Rs.1631
3) Freight cost : Rs.344 ( roughly it is 20% of product cost)
4) TOTAL ACCESSIBLE COST TAKEN AS : 1995
5) TAXES : BCD( 7.5%=150 ) + CVD( 8% =172) + CESS(5%=5) + EDU.CESS(3%=10) SAD(4%=93) = TOTAL DUTY RATE (21.55% = 430)
6) FEDEX HANDLING CHARGES = 300 + ( Service tax=31) = 331
7) TOTAL COST FOR TAX AND DUTIES ALONE= Rs.761

It is the tax is coming around 21.55% at final accessible value.. We will cross check with 20North or Borderlinx like this calculation, we will come to know how they are also calculating.

With regards

Very Informative :clapping:

I got my HDDVD Player + BD Player thru Vpost-USA and from singpore it was shipped by XPS Cargo& Courier.... This is happening to me only in this forum..... +VE +VE, Fanatastic corodination by xps and very quick clearance from customs and got delivered in 2 days after reaching chennai.

They have not asked any DD, payed the custom duty themselves(ofcourse collected from me later) and delivered on my convenience.

Overall +VE for Vpost + XPS....:)
Ovearall +ve -VE for vpost +EMS :::: will blog it soon

Hi Aneel,

I got BD Player : Sony BDP-X2 & HD-DVD Player: Toshiba HD-A3.

Regards

Hi,

I had a demo of these player at Srini's sir house yesterday and they were excellent, and for the first time, HD-DVDs, they are as good as blu-rays are.

The Toshiba is a must for gadgets freaks, it is so sturdy and masculine!:eek:hyeah:

Cheers!

Hi,

My PJ is on its way to me through vpost. I am just wondering, for a $78 product, if the tax works out to be 1320, then what is going to happen to me?:lol: I think I will have real fun, hope the customs guys won't charge me with my full Feb's paycheck!

Cheers!

Hi,

My PJ has been stuck at customs since Saturday and it was sent to India through TCI-XPS and I am waiting for more fun from the TCI-XPS and customs guys.

For a $75 product, someone has paid close to 1.5K. Just thinking of the duty for a PJ!:sad:

Cheers!

Hi,

Today I received my Optoma HD65 through vpost. I just tested it on a normal wall, ivory color painted. Watched Billa Blu-ray, it recognized the 1080p signal and the image quality was really stunning. It was able to easily project 62" at 6 feet. Yet to set up the mount, screen, etc.

I thank Srinisundar Sir from the bottom of my heart for his guidance and help through the entire process, starting from selection to delivery. In fact, I just bought the projector and he has bought all the other items for the projector.

So, it is a dream-cum-true day for me, as I have been longing to have a setup like the one I have since 2001.

Cheers!

Venkatesh,

Congrats for getting the projector and good to know that it withstand the journey from USA to India via Signgapore. Lucky you to get an cheap HQ projector near about 29K and I am happy my guidance has saved you lot of money.. I doubt anybody will get this PJ for this kind of price.

Advice/Guidance is free:) The guts of yours to buy the PJ in ebay and shipping by Vpost should be appreciated.

Enjoy:clapping:

Hi,

Today I received my Optoma HD65 through vpost. I just tested it on a normal wall, ivory color painted. Watched Billa Blu-ray, it recognized the 1080p signal and the image quality was really stunning. It was able to easily project 62" at 6 feet. Yet to set up the mount, screen, etc.

I thank Srinisundar Sir from the bottom of my heart for his guidance and help through the entire process, starting from selection to delivery. In fact, I just bought the projector and he has bought all the other items for the projector.

So, it is a dream-cum-true day for me, as I have been longing to have a setup like the one I have since 2001.

Cheers!

Hi,

Cheers!

Please share the details HD65 price, duty, shipping charge etc.....

So Friends..What is the final verdict on vPost? Recommended or not?
I see they mailed some ICICI 50% discount on shipping and am planning to get some items.I know borderlinx is better but one should have a citicard to do business with them.
I see mixed responses about vpost in this thread, I wanted to know on an average how much time they are taking to deliver and how hassle free it is?
Anybody used vPost recently?I am kind of hoping that they might have improved their services.

Thanks
Satya.

So Friends..What is the final verdict on vPost? Recommended or not?
I see they mailed some ICICI 50% discount on shipping and am planning to get some items.I know borderlinx is better but one should have a citicard to do business with them.
I see mixed responses about vpost in this thread, I wanted to know on an average how much time they are taking to deliver and how hassle free it is?
Anybody used vPost recently?I am kind of hoping that they might have improved their services.

Thanks
Satya.

Try Shopyourworld.com

I was planning to get a phone through vPost from UK. How is their service? Is it safe to get a phone through them?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back