Has anyone used vPost?

soulforged

Hello,

Has anybody here used vPost? Seems like a good option for buying stuff from sites that do not ship internationally or from ebay (not global ebay).

I saw the name being mentioned in a couple of threads but has anyone used the service? Does it make a huge difference in terms of shipping cost, delivery time and customs hassles?

I am so impatient to get my DAC from UK, I might end up using vpost as I dont see anyone willing to carry it. They have given a quote of 4.5k to get a DAC which is 4 kgs in weight and measures 1.5 ft X 1 ft X .5 FT (L,D,H).

Even I want to know how good these guys are.

If you are first time user of VPOST and have ICICI credit card, sign with that you will get 50% dsicount for FIRST shipping only....I think they are using TNT as their carrier...

Regards

No for all the vendors it is applicable... Procedure is different once they reach the good from the local vendor only they will raise and shipping invoice to us.. Both are not connected..

I just gone thru all the procedures... On registration they will give one code no for the members that is password cum ur membership No.

Anyvendor in the USA can ship to them mentioning the Code No. SRINI XXXXXX..

After receiving the consignment Local Vpost will create one shipping invoice for you and will be posted in your account.

After receipt the same day via ICICI credit card No. you can pay the charges... So by card no.and promotion code itself they will identiy it is the first shipping thru VPOST and I believe it will appear immediately on the screen before we complete the final process/ Final order placement..

However till december there is an normal discount of 20% also announced by VPOST for any number of consignemnts send thru them.

I am going to try this week one consignment worth 30LBS will see what happens.

Regards

No for all the vendors it is applicable... Procedure is different once they reach the good from the local vendor only they will raise and shipping invoice to us.. Both are not connected..

I just gone thru all the procedures... On registration they will give one code no for the members that is password cum ur membership No.

Anyvendor in the USA can ship to them mentioning the Code No. SRINI XXXXXX..

After receiving the consignment Local Vpost will create one shipping invoice for you and will be posted in your account.

After receipt the same day via ICICI credit card No. you can pay the charges... So by card no.and promotion code itself they will identiy it is the first shipping thru VPOST and I believe it will appear immediately on the screen before we complete the final process/ Final order placement..

However till december there is an normal discount of 20% also announced by VPOST for any number of consignemnts send thru them.

I am going to try this week one consignment worth 30LBS will see what happens.

Regards

We will be eagerly awaiting details of your experience....

vpost wrote replied to me saying they dont ship to india, only Singapore?

has anyone actually used it?

I called their singapore office now and they are telling to call USA office to check whether they will ship to India... for last 2 days i am trying their USA number and going into voice mail... Sent an mail and no reply yet.

Will try for today also..

Hi Guys,

I talked to VPOST USA Personnel and they informed they will do only collection of all goods received from local Merchants and will be sent to Singapore and from there it will be sorted out to respective places....As i indicated earlier the mechant invoice should be sent to them via the e-mail id given to get shipping quote.. Shipping quote will be given once the goods reached the USA address:sad:. Please note that shipping calcualtor is available in the website and we can use them to get approximate charges.

Anywhere to London/Japan/ India from USA - Shipping is from Singapore only.

So it is confirmed they are doing shipping to India...

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Please note that shipping calcualtor is available in the website and we can use them to get approximate charges.

thats the thing that is causing me hesitation that its only approximate charges and we wont get the final cost till it reaches home (there's no way to approx. customs either)

Yes, to get the customs charges you have to rely of Indian govt websites or 20North.com for the sam product...

Approx charges i meant is we are giving the productsize which is given in the mfr.website... Packing size/final weight will be 10 to20% more than that.. So if you are able to get that exact, you will know.

Regards

Hi,

Just out of curiosity, why vPost? Almost everything available in vpost can be ordered or put special order from 20north with better tracking of goods. Is there any possibility of saving some bucks or time through vpost?

Regards
Satya.

Timeframe is less in VPost and they use TNT courier....and moreover run by SingaporeVpost, so have some mindset it will be good. They are connected presenly with AMZ/TGT in USA for direct buying.. In my case i ma buying from different supplier...

Wait for a week, i may be the first one to go with that.... Let us see what hurdles i face..

Timeframe is less in VPost and they use TNT courier....and moreover run by SingaporeVpost, so have some mindset it will be good. They are connected presenly with AMZ/TGT in USA for direct buying.. In my case i ma buying from different supplier...

Wait for a week, i may be the first one to go with that.... Let us see what hurdles i face..

We will be eagerly awaiting dtails of your experience.....

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back