Has LG Stopped Production of 32LH60YR (Jazz Theatre)???

Saurav

Today I went to LG Showroom in GIP, Noida & enquired abt 32LH60YR. The Salesman thr told me dat LG has stopped production of this model. Even at Jumbo Electronics & Big Bazaar Salesman gave d same reply... :sad: and they told me this model is not available in thr stores. But When I went 2 HomeTown, thr they were having dis model, but d offer price they quoted was Rs.40,000.

Then I went 2 sum local shops, thr they were having dis model n d price they quoted were Rs. 39,900, Rs. 38,500 & Rs. 36,000 respectively. They told me they have got 5-10 pcs in thr stock.

Now I just want 2 ask:
1. Why LG has stopped its production? Was there some issue with this model??
2. Will thr b any After Sales Service Issue, since LG has stopped producing dis model. Will I b able 2 get its parts, if req.?
3.What is d best price I can get dis model in Delhi?? Has any1 bought dis model in last 1-2 months??
4. Which other model can I look for @ around 35K, having similar audio & video feature.

Thx in Advance

We are almost at the end of year 2010. These days almost all companies are bringing new models every year, hence I have not see any reason why you should be buying this model at 36K. Even if you decide to buy, I do not think you would have any issues wrt to support.

And 36K is a lot of money for a 32" LCD, I suggest you go for 40/42" LCD/Pasma by increasing your budget by another 5K.

And you should be looking at LD460 instead of LH60. Also check Panasonic L32C22, I think you can get it for <25K.

Buddy lcd product line keeps on changing every 6 months or less so they must have stopped!
Also around 40 K you can get 40 INch LCD so this product may become expensive in its segment..

Today I went to LG Showroom in GIP, Noida & enquired abt 32LH60YR. The Salesman thr told me dat LG has stopped production of this model. Even at Jumbo Electronics & Big Bazaar Salesman gave d same reply... :sad: and they told me this model is not available in thr stores. But When I went 2 HomeTown, thr they were having dis model, but d offer price they quoted was Rs.40,000.

Then I went 2 sum local shops, thr they were having dis model n d price they quoted were Rs. 39,900, Rs. 38,500 & Rs. 36,000 respectively. They told me they have got 5-10 pcs in thr stock.

Now I just want 2 ask:
1. Why LG has stopped its production? Was there some issue with this model??
2. Will thr b any After Sales Service Issue, since LG has stopped producing dis model. Will I b able 2 get its parts, if req.?
3.What is d best price I can get dis model in Delhi?? Has any1 bought dis model in last 1-2 months??
4. Which other model can I look for @ around 35K, having similar audio & video feature.

Thx in Advance

1. LG has launched new models so production has stopped. With regard to this particular model there is no problem with the set...... just market dynamics. Pioneer also discontinued the Kuro line-up of plasma. This does not mean that there was anything wrong with Kuros.
2. LG's ASS is good. You will be able to get parts. When and if the TV goes kaput, it will most probably be the panel, and panels are usually always in stock.
3. You should be able to get this model @ around 35k which is good considering that the PQ is good and the Sound quality is numero uno. But as someone mentioned already, you can get 42" plasmas (HD ready) at this price range. For example, add a couple more thousand and you might get a PJ560R plasma which has a similar 10 speaker as the LG Jazz. However if you want to hookup the TV to a computer and don't want to go through the hassles of break-in then stick to LCD.
4. At similar price range you can consider Samsung C530 LCD. If you want to go for a Sony then go to Gaffar Market where you will get the best prices for Sony LCD's imported directly from Singapore/Thailand.;) Do note that no other TV can give you the sound quality that the Jazz Theatre will give you.

Last edited:
Nope its not true, Its just that Lg has a high demand and low supply, anything that isnt available is passed off as a discontinued product..

BTB, samsung c530 is a better choice than 32lh60yr, in 42inch lh60yr rocks, they have different specs and panels in 32 and 42 inch variants..

Another way to check if the model is current is to goto LG website and check if the model is still listed. Sort the products on LATEST, you get an idea of the product release.

Thx Guys...
Well, I am not 2 much inclined towards Plasma TVs. So wont go wid dat option. Bt ya, can check Samsumg C530,as suggested by u guyz. Will go and check it in 2-3 days.

Actually M plannin to buy the TV durin Navratri/Diwali season, as thr wud b loads of discount and can get d LCD at reasonable price along wid sum freebies :eek:hyeah:

LG WEBSITE is not updated properly. however i do no tthink that the jazz theatre is discontinued. as this was one product frm lg perfoming well and the sound is amazing. i got one 42in LG LH60YR. i will chk n get back lets see.

I am sure people will have lots of views for variety of reasons including what they do for living.

Moore's law which was described sometime early 70s, the technical capabilities would double every 18 months, I am sure this is happening these days every 12 months. For example look at Apple they refresh their products every year around the same time.

This trend is almost same in every electronic industry. Actually there is no meaning of discontinuation in this context. As every yea, new technology with new capabilities at low cost is available, the product companies must take this advantage to survive against the competition.

Also if somebody bought an old model in the recent times it doesn't mean that the particular company would be producing that model. In fact it might be costlier for them to continue producing the old model. Few pieces would definitely left over sometime and one may buy those, which is common in India as many of us are not aware of the market dynamics and Indian vendors always wanted to cash on this unlike in US wherein they sell such such things at hefty discount.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back