Hathway Set Top Box

psj

Hi,
My cable operator does not have stock of Hatway Set top box and doesnt expect it for another couple of months.
Is is possible to buy a Set top box from SP Road or anyplace and use it to view Hathway digital channels using my cable connection or can i do that only with the cable operator provided box?
Please advice.

Hi,
My cable operator does not have stock of Hatway Set top box and doesnt expect it for another couple of months.
Is is possible to buy a Set top box from SP Road or anyplace and use it to view Hathway digital channels using my cable connection or can i do that only with the cable operator provided box?
Please advice.

do you have the card. its like a credit card that slips inside the set top box. without it, no point.

check on sp road, you might find it there. ask your cable guy for the model number atleast. I know its humax. you can also search for used ones.

Hi,
Please advice.

My cable operator also told me the same thing. I escalated it to their management and threatened to disconnect and it worked. They gave a me STB next day. You can try it out before looking out for third party STB.

My cable operator also told me the same thing. I escalated it to their management and threatened to disconnect and it worked. They gave a me STB next day. You can try it out before looking out for third party STB.

I believe they are having issues with stb availability for past few months. Make sure they dont give you a used one or an older model. there are a few models of hathway stbs, check on web.

threatening to change always works, they will find one for you.
whenever hathway doesnt give some channels (usually sports channels during good sporting events), I cut money from the monthly bill at 50/- per missing channel, I basically get cable for 5 sports channels, if he cant provide those, cut money. if he cribs and wants more money, I tell him to take his dubba and get out, that usually calms him down.:lol:

Pls call Hathway customer care directly and check.

I faced similar situation with Fastway in Chandigarh.
The Cable operator insisted that Fastway is not supplying them with STBs.
When I called up Fastway - it turned out that the cable operators have to submit certain documents --- Address Proof + CAF to Fastway for every customer provided with STB.

Since the Cable Operator has not submitted the same for existing customers, Fastway was refusing new STBs to that cable operator.

Hi All,

I stay in Bangalore Whitefield Area and My cable operator always says that the Setup Box is out of stock. The Normal cable is not so good and I dont have an option of changing the cable Operator as well as each area is allocated to one cable operator.

Can I get my own Setup box and ask my operator to Install it.?
Please suggest.

Hi All,
The Normal cable is not so good

OT but after going through various threads on this I thought that for all providers, the STB digital signal was highly compressed and low bandwidth hence PQ not as good as the older type of signal...?

--G0bble

Hi!
i am new here & i did not know where else to post so i'm doing it here.I am confused as to whether i should choose locl cable STB or dth connection.my budget is maximum Rs250 per month & there are certain channels like axn,hbo that i specifically want.I live in Dumdum in Kolkata.can anyone help?

OT but after going through various threads on this I thought that for all providers, the STB digital signal was highly compressed and low bandwidth hence PQ not as good as the older type of signal...?

--G0bble

Agree with you on this
In mumbai we have a local operator named Seven Star.
With the normal cable the colors were more vibrant and picture was sharp. With the STB installed in some channels the picture is very bad (i can literally see pixels even on a CRT) and colors are washed

Agree with you on this
In mumbai we have a local operator named Seven Star.
With the normal cable the colors were more vibrant and picture was sharp. With the STB installed in some channels the picture is very bad (i can literally see pixels even on a CRT) and colors are washed

even I had the same problem, change your video cable, you must be using those junk free cables that come with various equipments. get a 100/- mx composite video cable and see your colors getting transformed.:)

even I had the same problem, change your video cable, you must be using those junk free cables that come with various equipments. get a 100/- mx composite video cable and see your colors getting transformed.:)

Hi Doors
You are right. I hardly watch the TV except for sports so dont pay much attention the cables
Will definitely try your suggestion but will it also solve the issue of pixels

actually in my experience, the installation of the set top box (hathway in bangalore) improved the picture by leaps and bounds.

Anyone using the Hathway HD Set top box ? My cable guy says they are launching HD services on Aug 15th. So i was thinking whether i should wait for checking it out, or go for Tata Sky +HD :licklips:

It's never ending wait for HD box from Hathway.. I don't think they are serious.

Just talked to my cable guy. Seems Hathway is launching HD from Sept 1st , lets wait and see if somethings happens this time. Else, im going for Tata Sky.

As per my cable guy, the settop box is of Cisco make and will cost around 3-3.5k.

And they would be providing 38 HD channels :clapping: Monthly subscription charges are still unknown to him.

I spoke to my cable operator yesterday, He said he has heard about the service starting soon and the HD setup boxes being already available. But he was saying mostly they will charge per HD channel but he was unaware of the prices.

My cable operator in HYD is asking 1200/- for the HATHWAY STB. he also told that HATHWAY HD is still in trails....

Please help me to choose one...should I pay 1200/- (not sure whether this price is realistic) or should I wait for HD?

My cable operator in HYD is asking 1200/- for the HATHWAY STB. he also told that HATHWAY HD is still in trails....

Please help me to choose one...should I pay 1200/- (not sure whether this price is realistic) or should I wait for HD?

see if you can get a used one for cheap for the time being. a few days ago my cable guy told me within a week hd should be out. take it with a pinch of salt though. he's been telling a month for quite a few months now.

Back